Homebrew Update 11.7 and Homebrew

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NightShadow8599, you hit the jacked pot (keyword, jacked not jack). Give this man some likes for his discovery.

Calling @GalladeGuy , think we got our first two confirmed haxes that didn't make it this round.
I'm going to wait for confirmation from more people before adding it. If they are really patched, it's just a case of them needing to be updated.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Its rather funny to think by this time that ninty has a actual way of patching cfw.

Actually there are several ways they could do it. The only real way, and keep in mind this is both theoretical and would be extremely risky, is to update the MCU firmware so that on boot the MCU injects extra verification/security code into the boot process via DMA or a similar mechanism.

Other than that they could heavily encrypt/obfuscate the areas of memory that CFW patches which would result in any 3ds with CFW being unusable for anywhere from a few weeks to a few months depending on how complex it is to reverse engineer. Or they could simply delete or rename any .firm file found on the NAND and/or the root of the SD card which would stop b9s from working though that could be fixed by switching to fastboot3ds.

Reactions: lone_wolf323
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this first:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup#section-vi---ctrnand-luma3ds

If ctrnand and CTRtransfer doesn't work, try Lazarus3DS.

Not sure whether the 3DS is capable of still working with its internal NAND chip physically damage. I've seen someone do a crazy hardmod where they removed their actual hardware NAND and made an micro SD card + adapter for external swapping (can't find the link of who did this). If that part is true, you may have to resort to EmuNAND.

Edit - Sorry guys, I meant to post at this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-internal-storage-go-bad.507908/#post-8084661
Please ignore and mods delete this.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Sponsie1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to wait for confirmation from more people before adding it. If they are really patched, it's just a case of them needing to be updated.

I use rpg hax for homebrew and I can't access it anymore after updating either... So that might be a thing now. Also i'm quite new to this, are there any known ways/steps I can undertake to get it working again?

Last edited by Sponsie1000,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also i'm quite new to this, are there any known ways/steps I can undertake to get it working again?
If you want to access the Homebrew Launcher, you'll need Steelminer. You could use oot3dhax if you have a Powersave, but it seems new Powersaves for 11.7 haven't been made yet. Alternatively, if you have access to another 3ds still capable of launching the Homebrew Launcher, you can use that to install oot3dhax or stickerhax to an Ocarina of Time or Sticker Star cart (with a payload appropriate for your system.)

Or you can just forget about *hax completely, buy Sudoku for $2 from the eShop, and use Seedminer to install cfw.

kathy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but I'm kinda dumb. I installed Luma and use it to play backups and homebrew. Updating won't affect that usability, right?

Sponsie1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want to access the Homebrew Launcher, you'll need Steelminer. You could use oot3dhax if you have a Powersave, but it seems new Powersaves for 11.7 haven't been made yet. Alternatively, if you have access to another 3ds still capable of launching the Homebrew Launcher, you can use that to install oot3dhax or stickerhax to an Ocarina of Time or Sticker Star cart (with a payload appropriate for your system.)

Or you can just forget about *hax completely, buy Sudoku for $2 from the eShop, and use Seedminer to install cfw.
Okay, but l will need a friend/online-person-with-homebrew for Steelminer to work right? l really liked RPwnG for the fact that you didn't need anything else besides the free part of the game and some online files :/

Last edited by Sponsie1000,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, but l will need a friend/online-person-with-homebrew for Steelminer to work right?
Just follow the instructions at http://steelminer.jisagi.net/ .

I might add that if you have access to an ntrboot cart, you can launch godmode9 without making any persistent changes to your 3ds beyond copying a couple of files to your SD card. Godmode9 will automatically create essential.exefs (which includes movable.sed) the first time it runs. The R4i Gold 3DS Plus is reasonably cheap at nds-card.com , will let you run Nintendo DS ROMs on your 3ds, and will be handy if you ever change your mind about installing cfw.

l really liked RPwnG for the fact that you didn't need anything else besides the free part of the game and some online files :/
If https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits is accurate, it was quickly squashed.

Last edited by Kwyjor,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse