Homebrew Update 11.4 and Homebrew

NexoCube

Trophies
XP
Country
France
safehax just got patched, so 11.3 user can now have CFW

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No, no, i wanted a explanation of how the vulnerability works, my console its already cfw'ed with this.

safehax is using the same bug as firmhax, but as the "SAFE_MODE_FIRMWARE" hasn't been updated since a while "firmhax" can still be used in the "SAFE_MODE_FIRMWARE" (as safe_firmware is outdated)

Now, for 11.3, Nintendo added a flag to patch it (when the flag is set, you can't boot safe firm), but when rebooting NATIVE_FIRM, the flag is also reset, as of this, we can re-use the normal safehax exploit

Last edited by NexoCube,

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, im still new in the 3DS scene. Have 11.3, al9h, Luma 3DS, FBI, HBC and all done with soundhax and 3ds.guide

Can I update my 3DS to Nintendo's newest FW without loosing my homebrew staff? If I could, do I have to update al9h and / or Luma 3DS too? Is there a risk to brick or anything and can I still use Freeshop?

Thank you very much!

rigoriga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Luma3DS for the first time and followed the instructions, and updated the system to 11.4 according to the 3DS.Guide. I managed to install FBI and the LUMA updater. But I am having trouble with the Homebrew Launcher. I even pressed X to update the Payloads, but I get this error:
01fa1000
c921081a

Something failed, even if everything else appears to work.

Meanwhile, I'll just use the TitleDB for the one app I really want to use.

Last edited by rigoriga,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
this might sound's stupid but

I'm Using Luma3DS on My Old3ds which is on 11.3 Is it ok i update it now ?

If you update you will lose NTR, HBL, and possibly the ability to play extended memory games like Mario Maker or Monster Hunter 4 or newer Pokemon games as the reboot patches are broken at the moment. I would wait until everything is fixed which shouldn't take more than a few days at most.

Richmond1226

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you update you will lose NTR, HBL, and possibly the ability to play extended memory games like Mario Maker or Monster Hunter 4 or newer Pokemon games as the reboot patches are broken at the moment. I would wait until everything is fixed which shouldn't take more than a few days at most.
:/ ok i should wait i guess :/

hansdampf_HD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

So for all -> no update from 11.3 to 11.4 - wait, until there are new ctw's?

Richmond1226

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Need Confirmation If Old 3DS Updated to 11.4 Can still play Memory Extended games :v

Even though i have Arm9 and Luma3DS Installed O___O ? I Taught i only lose ability to Homebrew ?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I Need Confirmation If Old 3DS Updated to 11.4 Can still play Memory Extended games :v

Even though i have Arm9 and Luma3DS Installed O___O ? I Taught i only lose ability to Homebrew ?

Some of the reboot patches are broken which breaks GBA/DSi/DS support for some people. So yes, I would wait.

Taffy

jdfiehgvrhfvhfjkvgrjhfejvgrjkbjvr
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To think that this was released right after Smea made the 11.3 kernel exploit official.

Damn, poor developers.

sounhax??

PATCHED OUT???

nooooooooooo

Paccc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed Luma3DS for the first time and followed the instructions, and updated the system to 11.4 according to the 3DS.Guide. I managed to install FBI and the LUMA updater. But I am having trouble with the Homebrew Launcher. I even pressed X to update the Payloads, but I get this error:
01fa1000
c921081a

Something failed, even if everything else appears to work.

Meanwhile, I'll just use the TitleDB for the one app I really want to use.

For old 3ds Homebrew Laucher seems broken, (for the moment),
for new 3ds you might want to check your payloads and that you don't have 2x clock enabled, seems similar to this: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/issues/59

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
For old 3ds Homebrew Laucher seems broken, (for the moment),
for new 3ds you might want to check your payloads and that you don't have 2x clock enabled, seems similar to this: https://github.com/yellows8/hblauncher_loader/issues/59

Old 3ds users might be able to get it working by renaming the 11.2 payloads* and using an hourly version of Luma (this is the version I use,https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/builds/Luma-5f8a6120.zip ). If not then it might be necessary to wait for someone to fork the *hax payload and replace udsploit with svcbackdoor or similar (since Luma already unfixes the svcbackdoor exploit).

*This is only theoretical based on the fact that one of the Luma hourlies made it so the 11.2 *hax payloads worked on 11.3 by making gspwn work again. I know it works on my n3ds with the 11.2 payload and Luma-5f8a6120.zip on firmware 11.3

Last edited by nl255,

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Smea seems To have fixed the payloads for N3DS. Hbl cia works, ninjhax works, oothax seems to work, flashcarts not working (cfw + ntr Launcher), DSi Ware and GBA Games not working (even bought ones so... Agb_firm nor twl) with and without latest hourly versión of Luma. At least for me.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone else on an O3DS or 2DS that has GBA VC games and DSiWare games working with 11.4 or is it just me? Also everyone who doesn't have them working are you all on N3DSes? Could this be a N3DS only issue?

Dsi Ware games and GBA VC are not working for me on O3DS nor N3DS. I updated luma with Luma updater, did you do it too?

Edit: Updating Luma manually works on O3DS. N3DS seems to be broken.

Last edited by Manurocker95,

DrkBeam

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Anyone else on an O3DS or 2DS that has GBA VC games and DSiWare games working with 11.4 or is it just me? Also everyone who doesn't have them working are you all on N3DSes? Could this be a N3DS only issue?
It works for me, old3dsmasterrace :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan @I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu...