Homebrew Update 11.4 and Homebrew

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, everything was fixed today. Streaming by NTR seems to be broken tho. No need to update til they send the nag yo update or forget about online x) Do you have a9lh? If so, you can update if you want but there's no need for that.
i might just wait in case something comes up. I have an o3ds and a9lh so id be fine but maybe something will happen in the future and ill be saved by not updating... who knows?

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated Luma after updating the system :C

Btw, o3ds seems to be working without issues now. N3DS still broken.
Assuming you're on the hourly build; can you try installing the Luma GitHub build and see if everything still works on your O3DS? Mine works fine but I did update to the hourly build first before anything. I've since then re-installed the GitHub build and everything still works. I'm just trying to confirm if updating to the hourly and then re-installing the GitHub build keeps things working.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
everything doesn't work. I updated and everything works EXCEPT DSIWARE AND VC. Does gba emulation work better now? I was playing the gba version of yoshi island snes and was in world 3 now that is lost to me. I wonder is I delete and redownload the dsiware if they will work or if I find dsiware cia files? All I did was the update. Do I need to load luma and do anything with that?

As said above, Luma's latest nightly hour build fixes AGB firm and TWL firm boot issue. Dsiware are twl so you need to get that arm9lh.bin. NTR Selector works on 11.4 but no streaming yet.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Assuming you're on the hourly build; can you try installing the Luma GitHub build and see if everything still works on your O3DS? Mine works fine but I did update to the hourly build first before anything. I've since then re-installed the GitHub build and everything still works. I'm just trying to confirm if updating to the hourly and then re-installing the GitHub build keeps things working.

I got it working a few mins later on Old3ds and new 3ds. Yeah, It should be fine.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/11.4.0-37
NWM-sysmodule
The CONFIG11_Registers are no longer directly mapped under userland for NWM-sysmodule. This prevents anything under NWM-module from modifying the GPUPROT register. This was used by both *hax payload(prior to v11.4 release) and udsploit.

The codebin was updated.

The crt0-poke in PDN that NWM previously did:

0x1EC4010C |= 0x10

.. has been removed from NWM. This one has been moved into kernel bootup.

All accesses to 0x1EC40180 have been replaced by a new syscall, 0x5A.

This now includes code from old CTRSDK update(s). A new func was added for calling a func, previously that func was directly called via vtable funcptr. The only other changes was new heap code(and the code for using it basically), for fixing the NWMUDS sharedmem vuln. This includes code which actually validates heap memchunkhdrs, with svcBreak being executed on failure.

A new string was added at 0x13E200: "used"(with 3 0xFF bytes afterwards), this is used by the new heap code. The wifi-fw was moved from .data to .rodata.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why would they check this thread? They don't even check the stickies. Let alone this thread.
Why do you even care what's posted in this thread then? If the people who need to know the info aren't looking in here then it doesn't matter what's here and what isn't.

Reactions: pixelmasher

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Why do you even care what's posted in this thread then? If the people who need to know the info aren't looking in here then it doesn't matter what's here and what isn't.
Let's say you wanted to use it for what you're saying. There should not be things that are patched and will never come back. Just leave them out of the thread. There's no reason to put things like RXTools, ReiNAND, etc. No one uses those.

Reactions: Dionicio3

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Let's say you wanted to use it for what you're saying. There should not be things that are patched and will never come back. Just leave them out of the thread. There's no reason to put things like RXTools, ReiNAND, etc. No one uses those.
Yes there is a reason ---- do you think someone that hasn't used their 3DS in six months, who is wondering if their Gateway card or whatever will still work, is going to search for the "11.4 and Homebrew", "11.3 and Homebrew", "11.2 and Homebrew", "11.1 and Homebrew" threads until they find the thing they're looking for? Do you think they'll come to this thread, not find what they're looking for and read every single page of replies to see if their question has been answered already?

No.

They're going to come here, skim over the OP, not find what they want to know, and are going to ask. There's going to be loads of people who have missed an update or two or more in the same situation, and they're all going to ask. The thread is going to become 40 pages of which 30 are people asking the same question over and over and being answered the same way, instead of ten pages of actual worthwhile discussion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol