Homebrew Update 11.1 and Homebrew

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
So is nobody else having issues with Oot3Dhax?
I had some issues. I managed to resolve them though.

When first updating to 11.1 Ninjhax and OOTHax refused to run at all even with the new QR codes. Steelhax was still fine.

I rolled back to 11.0 and they were still broken even with the old, previously working payloads. Steelhax again, just fine. I was confused as to how this could be the case.

I went back further to 9.2 and they were still broken. Steelhax still working on 9.2.

Then I ran 9.2 without Luma and they all worked again. Back to Luma, still broken.

In the end it turned out that N3DS CPU Clock+L2 being active was the cause of the crashes. After setting it back to 'Off', all paylods worked again on all firmwares. I have no idea what happened but this is my reality now, anything that's not Steelhax or HBLoader requires that CPU enhancements be set to 'Off' in Luma.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone.
I write because I urgently need help.
After doing the whole procedure/guide reboot, I couldn't start the Homebrew Launcher, with freakyhax method and comes to me on the Nintendo screen, attached.
The file that I put in the SD Card, in addition to those already present, are:

- otherapp.bin
- Freaky.bin
- DCIM with image of the exploit
- Starter Kit

I have a NEW Nintendo 3DS XL, 11.1.0-34E version, I took the Otherapp from Smea for this version, but nothing.

Sorry for the bad English, i'm Italian.
Ensure that you have downloaded the latest version of freaky.bin (this is case sensitive, you cannot rename it to "Freaky.bin", it must be "freaky.bin"), otherapp.bin, the image file, and boot.3dsx. Try going into the system settings and deleting the Extra Data for Freakyforms Deluxe.

configchan

Trophies
XP
Country
boot.3dsx where do I find ..?

The file "freaky.bin" I wrote it incorrectly, it is all lower case.
The Otherapp is right for my firmware 11.1.0-34E, consoles and console model language EUR.
DCIM is correct for my model.
I downloaded everything from here: http://plutooo.github.io/freakyhax
https://smealum.github.io/3ds/
boot.3dsx is part of the starter kit, and it must be be placed on the root of the SD card, not inside of any folders, as otherwise it will not work.

Khatzki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excuse me, i'm ignorance on the subject, where do I put the starter kit and where do I put the file boot.3dsx?
I'm sorry, I'm ignorant ..
You dont have to put the starter kit you need to download it... unrar it and you will see boot.3dsx copy it and paste it on the root of the sd card... sorry for my bad english...

Biagio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Most files can go anywhere you feel is convenient, but the boot.3dsx has to go not inside any folder.

These are all the files in the SD Card. I put otherapp.bin, freaky.bin, boot.3dsx, the exploit image, folder 3ds of the starter kit package, finally, Nintendo 3DS and DCIM that would be the original folders in the micro Sd Card .
Not part Homebrew Launcher .. HELP ME, PLEASE .. !!

Attachments

• 2016-09-22 17.24.40.jpg
    2016-09-22 17.24.40.jpg
    876.6 KB · Views: 167

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are all the files in the SD Card. I put otherapp.bin, freaky.bin, boot.3dsx, the exploit image, folder 3ds of the starter kit package, finally, Nintendo 3DS and DCIM that would be the original folders in the micro Sd Card .
It should be fine. Try accessing the Homebrew Launcher.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It should be fine. Try accessing the Homebrew Launcher.
No, the 'exploit image' should be inside DCIM/100NIN03, and also check that all files you're using are correct for your region.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Biagio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Boys I managed to start the Homebrew Launcher.
Now the problem is that I can't import / export the bailouts of pokemon, to use the pkhex.
I used the JK Save Manager now doesn't function anymore, you don't just select the game, so that it can import / export. It doesn't work either the Save Manager.
Advice ..? Seeking help, please ..

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Boys I managed to start the Homebrew Launcher.
Now the problem is that I can't import / export the bailouts of pokemon, to use the pkhex.
I used the JK Save Manager now doesn't function anymore, you don't just select the game, so that it can import / export. It doesn't work either the Save Manager.
Advice ..? Seeking help, please ..
I imagine that you're trying to use JKSM with ORAS. Sadly, no save managers or any other homebrew apps work with Pokémon Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (along with a small list of other games) on stock version 11.1 due to ASLR being implemented for these titles with the new update. There is no way around this (as of yet).

If you have homebrew access, there's virtually no reason to update, especially if you're not aware of what does/doesn't work on the latest firmware.

Last edited by Xiphiidae,

Biagio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I imagine that you're trying to use JKSM with ORAS.

Yes, I would like to use the JK Save Manager or any other tool to import / export saves with Alpha Sapphire.
With Y Pokemon I haven't problems, it works fine.
There isn't tool compatible with Oras ..?

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I would like to use the JK Save Manager or any other tool to import / export saves with Alpha Sapphire.
With Y Pokemon I haven't problems, it works fine.
There isn't tool compatible with Oras ..?
Not on 11.1. Ninty inroduced ASLR to the game, which temporarily stopped the save game exploit it had to launch HBL from it. Unfortunately that also causes save managers to stop working with those specific games as well.
I do know Smealum has an idea on how to fix it from HBL itself, making save managers work no matter what game or entry point. But for now you just have to wait.

Reactions: Biagio

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had some issues. I managed to resolve them though.

When first updating to 11.1 Ninjhax and OOTHax refused to run at all even with the new QR codes. Steelhax was still fine.

I rolled back to 11.0 and they were still broken even with the old, previously working payloads. Steelhax again, just fine. I was confused as to how this could be the case.

I went back further to 9.2 and they were still broken. Steelhax still working on 9.2.

Then I ran 9.2 without Luma and they all worked again. Back to Luma, still broken.

In the end it turned out that N3DS CPU Clock+L2 being active was the cause of the crashes. After setting it back to 'Off', all paylods worked again on all firmwares. I have no idea what happened but this is my reality now, anything that's not Steelhax or HBLoader requires that CPU enhancements be set to 'Off' in Luma.

Wait... so you were only able to get it working when you rollbacked your firmware?
So does OoT3DHax not work with the current firmware then?

Lord Blade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, I've updated my OoT cart with the new hacked save. Did everything as I did before.

However now I get the top screen showing the robpin is ready message... and then it just instantly jumps back to the normal 3DS menu.
I don't get any error messages or anything. No graphical changes (like the screen going all of a solid colour).

I can't figure out why it's happening.
If I try to use the other version of the save the game says that the saves are corrupted and wipes the cart. So I should have the right save on the cart to run it. It's just that... nothing's happening for whatever reason.

Has ANYONE been able to successfully use OoThax with the new firmware?

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
Wait... so you were only able to get it working when you rollbacked your firmware?
So does OoT3DHax not work with the current firmware then?
No, that was just part of my troubleshooting process. As I wrote, Luma was causing Ninj and OOThax being unable to run, specifically Clock+L2. Once disabled they both ran fine on all firmwares. I'm afraid I don't know what's going on beyond that, but given that I'm not the only one who has had trouble, something screwy has happened outside of NAND.

Last edited by FGFlann,

Recruit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically, I've updated my OoT cart with the new hacked save. Did everything as I did before.

However now I get the top screen showing the robpin is ready message... and then it just instantly jumps back to the normal 3DS menu.
I don't get any error messages or anything. No graphical changes (like the screen going all of a solid colour).

I can't figure out why it's happening.
If I try to use the other version of the save the game says that the saves are corrupted and wipes the cart. So I should have the right save on the cart to run it. It's just that... nothing's happening for whatever reason.

Has ANYONE been able to successfully use OoThax with the new firmware?
Yeah I just got it to work. It wasn't working for a while for me too because I was using an old starter kit while installing oothax. Updated the old files on using the latest starter kit, deleted oot save files again, ran oothax again, and it worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo