Homebrew Update 11.0 and Homebrew

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you know if it is possible to get CFW for the upcoming homebrew.
The thing I discovered might lead to a revival of MSET. I'd say the chance of that happening is around 1%. At the very least, I should (hopefully) be able to pull of Arm11 userland, which would be very useful in the event of a new downgrade exploit coming out.

Rodimus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OoT is not currently a reliable way to load HomeBrew on 11.0, because of a change in memory allocation functions that added pseudo-random canaries (random + hash of contents) to help detect corruptions.

PSMD reportedly still works on 11.0.

I don't know about vvvvvv.

I already got Homebrew running on my N3DS. I posted a follow up on page 29 confirming that I got it working. This was over a week ago.
Both SMChax and v*hax work on 11.0 N3DS.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
How does one use the V*hax? I keep trying to look up tutorials but I can't seem to find one for some reason.
It's the same as any secondary hax, just use the SALT installer. However, if you do not have VVVVVV on your device you can't download it from the eShop to install the hax. Additionally, if you have VVVVVV but are on 11.0, you can't install the hax at the moment unless you have SMChax available.

Woiken

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Changes:

NATIVE_FIRM
Friends Module
IR

Exploits:

I put a :( next to all the recently patched things

Ninjhax: Works (Soon)

Freakyhax: Works

OOThax: Works (CFW only :()

Ironhax: Still Patched

Smashhax: Works (New 3DS only)

Vhax: Works (No payload update needed!)

SMChax: Works

Humblehax: Works

Browserhax: Still Patched

Menuhax: Still Patched

Memchunkhax2: Still Patched

SVChax/Memchunkhax2.5: Patched :(

Tubehax: Still patched

emuNANDs:

RXtools: Works

Reinand: Works

Luma3DS: Works

CakeFW: Works

GW: Works

Other Stuff:

HBL Loader CIA: Works (Just change the payload name)

NTR: Works (You have to use a 10.2 Firmware.bin)

Downgrading to 9.2: Patched :(
So can i install oothacks if i dont already have it?

DaftMink

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can i install oothacks if i dont already have it?
Pretty sure Nintendo patched OOTHax with a randomizer making it unlikely to succeed.
Best bet I think would be look on eBay for a under 40 dollar Cubic Ninja game, heh Amazon charges 92 dollars.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country

SO sing freakyhax as an entry point to HBL when I'm on 11.0 will I be able to downgrade to 9.2??

Unfortunately, unless someone has an arm9 exploit to spare that gave full system control, we won't be able to downgrade from 11.0 onwards.

Even if there was such exploit, it would not be very wise to release it. Ninty just needs to pack an update with a new firm, updated system titles version list and the exploit patch. Then that new version will be as locked as 11.0 is now. Not cool.

With such an exploit, we should be able to rewrite that system titles list, allowing downgrade again. Not that it matters though, because if we reach arm9 again, 11.0 would become the new 9.2 and people would just update to there. Some users theorized write-protecting the list as a way to block updates to it, as we do to protect A9LH.

Afaik there are no new systems or new system bundles that come with 11.0 so we should not worry. We can actually downgrade as far as 10.7 if i'm not mistaken.
Pokemon Sun/Moon bundle might get 11.0 out of the box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol