United States X900

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by T-hug, Dec 31, 2007.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    Gemei PMP Has Big Screen, Big Controls, Big Heart
    [​IMG]

This Gemei PMP, with the oddly patriotic name of United States X900, thinks big. There is a 4.3-inch TFT screen (480 x 272), but by far the most interesting hardware feature is the full sized, detachable gaming pad.

The controller has two joysticks, which could make retro game playing great fun. However, the weighting may be an issue. If the controller is really light, expect wrist ache to ensue, which will not be a new phenomenon for you, but still would detract from the gaming enjoyment. The device utilizes an ADI chip, which should allow NES and SFC gaming. An additional GPS receiver can also be added on for directional goodness, and the SD slot, with support for up to 4GB cards, provides enough storage capacity for a movie and some games.

If all that was not enough to get your multi function senses tingling, support for AVI, MPEG4, MP3, WMA, FLAC, an integrated ebook reader and an FM tuner should have you in multi functioning convulsions. Ironically, the United States X900 may never hit the United States, as shipping details are non-existent. Dammit.

Source: Gizmondo

2. Linkiboy

Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

May 14, 2006
    United States
  3. Urza

Urza hi

Jul 18, 2007
    United States
    Its been done with quite a few phones already.

4. TLSpartan

TLSpartan Kills threads

Oct 20, 2006

5. 4saken

4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Nov 28, 2006
    I remember an only Sony Ericsson clamshell that had this joypad add on for whatever crappy games it offered.

6. Raisingod

Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Apr 19, 2007
    Iceland
    My Istation T43 can emulate PSX and has a bigger screen (runs Linux {debian based} with Qtopia) so this is nothing special [​IMG]

7. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Looks good but I'd rather have integrated controls... The joy stick add on just makes the portability of the unit suffer

8. Gaisuto

Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

Former Staff
    Oct 27, 2002
    United States
    Palm Coast
    I have seen the word "Gizmondo" slapped onto a lot of stuff lately. And I have yet to see a single one spread. They make all this obscure stuff, I'm amazed they're still doing it to be honest.

9. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    No thanks.
    Looks horribly ugly...and the d-pad makes me not wanna play.

This will fail...

10. science

science science rules

Jun 9, 2006
    Canada

Exactly what I was thinking. This thing looks like one of those 50-in-1 games you get at Wal-Mart or some crap like that

11. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I am really, iffy about the whole, "PLAYS SNES, GBA etc" claim. Same thing was applied to the DS carts but what they don't tell you is that some of it is reliant on hombrew emulators.

Now, if the makers of this suddenly thought, "hey, let's make our own emulator for this" then I'd be happy but if it's, "PLAY SNES... as long as someone can be bothered making an emulator for it" then I'd be pissed.

12. Nero

Nero GBAtemp RPG Maniac

Aug 11, 2007
    United States
    Damn that thing is ugly...
    Ugly design... The D-Pad and buttons are red? eew.
    The screen is pretty much all it's got.

~Nero

13. chuckstudios

chuckstudios Putting the pro in procrastination

Jul 19, 2006
    United States
    North Carolina, USA
    Wha? Gizmodo is a news site that reported this...

14. XtenDSProgrammer

XtenDSProgrammer Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2007
    United States
    Gizmodo is a news site. GizmoNdo make crappy little consoles like that with 0.1 megapixel cameras.