OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Gemei PMP Has Big Screen, Big Controls, Big Heart
gemthlg4.jpg

This Gemei PMP, with the oddly patriotic name of United States X900, thinks big. There is a 4.3-inch TFT screen (480 x 272), but by far the most interesting hardware feature is the full sized, detachable gaming pad.

The controller has two joysticks, which could make retro game playing great fun. However, the weighting may be an issue. If the controller is really light, expect wrist ache to ensue, which will not be a new phenomenon for you, but still would detract from the gaming enjoyment. The device utilizes an ADI chip, which should allow NES and SFC gaming. An additional GPS receiver can also be added on for directional goodness, and the SD slot, with support for up to 4GB cards, provides enough storage capacity for a movie and some games.

If all that was not enough to get your multi function senses tingling, support for AVI, MPEG4, MP3, WMA, FLAC, an integrated ebook reader and an FM tuner should have you in multi functioning convulsions. Ironically, the United States X900 may never hit the United States, as shipping details are non-existent. Dammit.

Source: Gizmondo

TLSpartan

Kills threads
Trophies
XP
Country
Its been done with quite a few phones already.

Haven't seen too much coding for these machines yet. GP2Xstore has one of these as well (not same thing) JXD 301

QUOTEDimensions: 115x60x12.5mm

Weight: 150g

ADI Blackfin 500mhz processor

2GB Built in memory

3 inch LTPS-TFT display

16 mega color high density display screen

Supports RM/RMVB/AVI/DAT/FLV/MPG/MPEG video format

Support MP3/WMA/APE/FLAC audio format

Uses a seperate audio coding chipset

Plays NES, MD, SFC, GB, GBC, GBA, NEO GEO

Built in E-book reader with pronounciation

USB 2.0 high speed

Features 10 types of surround stereo EQ modes

Support JPG/BMP/GIF/GIF cartoon picture browse;

Built in microphone, Sampling Rate: 8kHz-320kHz

Uses SD cards

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
My Istation T43 can emulate PSX and has a bigger screen (runs Linux {debian based} with Qtopia) so this is nothing special
smile.gif

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have seen the word "Gizmondo" slapped onto a lot of stuff lately. And I have yet to see a single one spread. They make all this obscure stuff, I'm amazed they're still doing it to be honest.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am really, iffy about the whole, "PLAYS SNES, GBA etc" claim. Same thing was applied to the DS carts but what they don't tell you is that some of it is reliant on hombrew emulators.

Now, if the makers of this suddenly thought, "hey, let's make our own emulator for this" then I'd be happy but if it's, "PLAY SNES... as long as someone can be bothered making an emulator for it" then I'd be pissed.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Damn that thing is ugly...
Ugly design... The D-Pad and buttons are red? eew.
The screen is pretty much all it's got.

~Nero

chuckstudios

Putting the pro in procrastination
Trophies
Website
www.schlarp.com
XP
Country
United States
I have seen the word "Gizmondo" slapped onto a lot of stuff lately. And I have yet to see a single one spread. They make all this obscure stuff, I'm amazed they're still doing it to be honest.

Wha? Gizmodo is a news site that reported this...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 (🐑🐑) 🦛 🐦 🦌🐑 🦛🐦 (🐑🐑) +1