Unique disc problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Phratt, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Phratt
    OP

Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    Okay I have Dvd+R (I know -R is reccomended but i couldn't get any.) I burrned Guilty gear Accent core to it. I didn't cahnge the book type because for some reason the dvd drives manufacturer wasn't listed, I chose a random one and it said "error in finding blah blah blah!". So I burned it and I plopped it in my wii.

My wii just keeps on turning the disc and stopping (or so I hear from the drive), The blue light occasionally comes on, and the screen stays black while im loading gamma (note: Its currently been ten minutes and its still "loading" the disc). When i press home a quick glimpse of a green screen comes up and then it flashes to the System menu. When I go back to gamma, it say "System files are corrupt, please see Wii manual to continue". So I restart it and try it again (cause my System menu is fine) and the process recycles.

2. digitydogs

digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Md,US
    -R isnt recommended it is required.
    It will not work unless burnt to a -r or booktyped to dvd-Rom
    If your drive doesnt support booktyping you have to use dvd-r discs.

3. Phratt
    OP

Phratt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 12, 2008
    United States
    I don't know if my drive does but is there a program that has a better way of booktyping? Instead of Having to know your exact manufacturer?

Because I just randomly tried them all but none worked, except one that kept on freezing when i picked "(drive) Dvd+R media"

4. ether2802

ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Former Staff
    Oct 14, 2007
    Mexico
    Pto. Vallarta
    use Nero..!! 7:< )

5. digitydogs

digitydogs 404 Error: Member Not Found

Oct 19, 2008
    United States
    Md,US
    imgburn has options, if your drive isnt listed do a web search for updated firmware for your drive, if your lucky there is a booktype enabled version, if not youll have to find some -r's

6. WiiPower

WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Oct 17, 2008
    Gambia, The
    That DVD+Rs without bitsetting don't work is a unique disc problem? Everyday something new...

7. Golfje

Golfje GBAtemp Regular

Oct 14, 2008
    Netherlands
    Just use Imgburn and use dvd-r. That will do the trick..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice