OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had a moded ntsc-u wii with 4.0 firmware

i used to have homebrew channel and all the things installed

but i unfortunately upgraded my wii to 4.3u, and lost my homebrew channel, bootmii etc

my problem is that my wii isnt reading original retail discs anymore, i got an original usa indiana jones copy and smash bros but i keep getting 'unable to read the disc' error, help me please, how do i restore my homebrew channel, or how do i boot the bootmii screen at wii start up on 4.3 with bootmii pre-installed and wiikey2.0

thank you very much, sorry for my english, i hope to get this fixed soon, thanks

before i update to 4.3 i have installed priiloader, bootmii and bannerbomb, is there a way to still boot anyone of these softwares? do i need a specific folder in my SD card?

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my wii doesn't load any disc from disc channel, backup or retail, it doesnt load a homebrew channel disc too, or any gamecube disc.

the disc drive doesn't seem to be broken though, since i installed homebrew, the disc channel stops to load games.

what is a forward channel? i have a wad manager 1.3 installed in my wii, but it wont load

why are retail and backup discs not loading on my wii?

can i install homebrew channel via disc?

thanks

is there a way to substitute the content.bin for a homebrew channel one inside my sd card private folder?

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thank you very much

the channel i have (wad manager) is installed on wii's memory, looks like it is not a forwarder channel

my wii was reading discs before i update to 4.3, now it wont read any disc (back up, retail, gamecube etc)

my disc channel stops working since i upgraded to 4.0, i used to boot the games via homebrew channel/gecko/neogamma. now that i dont have hbc, my wii cant detect games through disc channel

i will try wii lens cleaner

is there a way to change the title id and fakesign a homebrew channel?

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you install priloader whe you softmodded the system? if so you might be able to get into recovery mode to try and launch the original game to install HBC. Then again I think you might need the newer version of priiloader to work on 4.3, second thought did you make a nand backup when you softmodded the first time and is boot mii install as boot 2 or as an ios?

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disasterous said:
priiloader wouldvw been gone when he updated as well as bootmii
I thought about that after I posted that. That is why the last part was thrown in. He might need to to a nand restore from backup to save his system, (if he has the ability to do so)

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
my bootmii was installed as a ios

so there's nothing i can do?

do you think they might come with a new solution like bannerbomb, that does not require the disc drive, anytime soon?

thanx

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rsyss said:
thank you very much

the channel i have (wad manager) is installed on wii's memory, looks like it is not a forwarder channel

my wii was reading discs before i update to 4.3, now it wont read any disc (back up, retail, gamecube etc)

my disc channel stops working since i upgraded to 4.0, i used to boot the games via homebrew channel/gecko/neogamma. now that i dont have hbc, my wii cant detect games through disc channel

i will try wii lens cleaner

is there a way to change the title id and fakesign a homebrew channel?
does the wad manager channel start up? if it is a forwarder channel then it would only work if there is an sd card in your wii (and you have the right files/folders on the sd card), and if it is a full channel, then it will start the wad manager no matter what.

You also said you have bootmii. do you know if it is bootmii as boot2? if it is then you can also use that to install the homebrew channel.
You can check if you have bootmii as boot2 by turning on your wii without an sd card in it and seeing if the drivelight flashes quickly after the first longer flash.

dbspanks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one last thought that might help, if the problem with your drive came from the softmod, maybe reformatiing your wii will help to eliminate the file casuing the problem. I had to use this option once to get rid a bricked system a year ago.

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
person66 said:
does the wad manager channel start up? if it is a forwarder channel then it would only work if there is an sd card in your wii (and you have the right files/folders on the sd card), and if it is a full channel, then it will start the wad manager no matter what.

You also said you have bootmii. do you know if it is bootmii as boot2? if it is then you can also use that to install the homebrew channel.
You can check if you have bootmii as boot2 by turning on your wii without an sd card in it and seeing if the drivelight flashes quickly after the first longer flash.

i have a wad manager 1.3 installed but i get blackscreen when i try to load it (is that because i dont have trucha sign anymore?), i dont know if it is a fowarder, it has 9 blocks on system memory

i tried to use boot2 holding reset button but got no luck

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
thank you for the infos

i have a homebrew channel installed in my sd card but when i try to load it, i get the message "this channel cannot be loaded on this wii console'. my other wiiware games load normally in this sd card, only homebrew channel gets this message from wii, and i cant copy it to wii system memory too

i tried what youve said but no luck for me

i dont want to restore my wii cuz i will lose all my saves

i tried many discs of all regions, retail and backup and none worked

i dont have bootmii in boot2 nor forwarder channels, and my disc channel doesnt work either. it seems that i have no means to install homebrew channel on my wii
frown.gif
frown.gif

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you install the chip yourself??

Uninstall it/ take it out. I guarantee you it's the problem.
smile.gif

Same problem with my WiiKey v1. Worked flawlessly when I took it out.

rsyss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BBking83 said:
Did you install the chip yourself??

Uninstall it/ take it out. I guarantee you it's the problem.
smile.gif

Same problem with my WiiKey v1. Worked flawlessly when I took it out.

good idea

maybe its interfering on my disc channel

but i dont know how to remove de wiikey

mine is wiikey v1, first generation

anyway, thank you for the tip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-