Unable to find Online Servers

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by GameSoul, Feb 8, 2009.

Feb 8, 2009
  1. GameSoul
    OP

Member GameSoul youtube.com/variantdevil

United States
    I've installed a few FPS games on my PC. I've allowed them to bypass the firewall but when I look for servers nothing shows up. I've refreshed the list and made sure the settings were correct. Is there some type of port that I have to open?

2. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Did you buy the games or "get" the games? And the firewall may be blocking the server from sending the info about them to your computer. So just disable the firewall for a few minutes, try the game, if the server don't pop up the turn your firewall back on.

3. GameSoul
    OP

United States
    I've been playing quake mods and etc. so all my games are legit and free. I've tried disabling my firewall then starting up the game, but to no luck I get the same results.

4. Golfman560

Member Golfman560 TheRapist.com

Antarctica
    Do you remember the last time an online game worked? Check to see what you've installed since then. And if the answer is "Never" I'd... I'm not sure what to do for that answer.

5. uiaad

Newcomer uiaad Member

United Kingdom
    Have you tried disabling the firewall on your router ( if you have a router and if your router has an in-built firewall) ?
    I have had experiences in the past where the firewall on the router has been a little over zealous.

6. GameSoul
    OP

United States
    Actually this problem occurred after I installed some new OS'es. I've been able to go online in the past, so maybe it must be my router. Sadly I don't know how to access my router so I'll have to ask my dad.