Hacking Unable to boot Custom Firmware after installing 9.1.0

ceanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I recently updated my switch from 8.1.0 to 9.1.0 and I am now I am not able to boot any custom firmware.

I was running Reinx so I switched to Atmosphere 0.9.1 All went well and I was able to boot into Atmosphere fine, all games and everything was working like it was before. My plan was to update to 9.1.0 using choidujournx, then update Atmosphere to the latest version.

I updated to 9.1.0 and it went fine, I then updated Atmosphere to 0.10.5 and I wasn't able to boot. I got a fatal error when trying to boot. I tried different versions of Atmosphere but no luck.

After some more research I found out that mac users have issues with Archived files, so I installed Windows (via Parallel) and formatted my SD card and tried again but no luck.

I gave up on Atmosphere and tried the latest Kosmos 15.3. I booted up hakate but again I can't get into Kosmos, it just throws me out back into the hakate menu. I noticed an option to boot into the system, i.e. no custom rom so I did that and the switch booted fine. I did get an error saying my SD card needed to be formatted, so thinking that my SD was still not clean I formatted it in the switch menu. I tried it all again and I have the same issue. One strange thing is that when I boot into the system I can see my previous games which makes me think that the SD card still isn't clean.

Can anybody offer any advise on how to get this working?

I sure hope Animal Crossing is worth all this :ha:

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I recently updated my switch from 8.1.0 to 9.1.0 and I am now I am not able to boot any custom firmware.

I was running Reinx so I switched to Atmosphere 0.9.1 All went well and I was able to boot into Atmosphere fine, all games and everything was working like it was before. My plan was to update to 9.1.0 using choidujournx, then update Atmosphere to the latest version.

I updated to 9.1.0 and it went fine, I then updated Atmosphere to 0.10.5 and I wasn't able to boot. I got a fatal error when trying to boot. I tried different versions of Atmosphere but no luck.

After some more research I found out that mac users have issues with Archived files, so I installed Windows (via Parallel) and formatted my SD card and tried again but no luck.

I gave up on Atmosphere and tried the latest Kosmos 15.3. I booted up hakate but again I can't get into Kosmos, it just throws me out back into the hakate menu. I noticed an option to boot into the system, i.e. no custom rom so I did that and the switch booted fine. I did get an error saying my SD card needed to be formatted, so thinking that my SD was still not clean I formatted it in the switch menu. I tried it all again and I have the same issue. One strange thing is that when I boot into the system I can see my previous games which makes me think that the SD card still isn't clean.

Can anybody offer any advise on how to get this working?

I sure hope Animal Crossing is worth all this :ha:
How is your SD card formatted?

ceanth

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How is your SD card formatted?

I formatted the SD card on the MAC as exfat.

After some more trial and error I realised that the switch was only reading fat32 even though I had specified exfat in choidujournx.

I don't really understand why that is the case

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted the SD card on the MAC as exfat.

After some more trial and error I realised that the switch was only reading fat32 even though I had specified exfat in choidujournx.

I don't really understand why that is the case
That certainly is weird. It would be worth more investigation if the author of the app was still regularly updating it :sad:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo