UK women calls 999 (911) because of a stolen snowman.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to post a video of Russell Howard making his joke about waiting for snowmen to melt then leaving suicide notes where they'd been, but I can't find one
frown.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
gumgod said:
Even if you could consider it a legitimate theft due to the items used and the time (labor) involved in creating it, she could have still used a non-emergency police number to report it.
Fair point, while writing my post it had slipped my mind that she called an emergency line.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I dropped some bread in my garden the other day and some crow has stole it... should I phone 999? or do I not have enough evidence to file a complaint about said bird?

Edit: it was hovis bread if that makes any diffrence...

It a joke tbh! it's even worse when you go to the hospital... I nearly died one night and they had me waiting for 5 hours in the waiting room before they checked me. I sat and watched people being seen to just for having a fever/flu.

999 should only be used when you feel your life is in danger... If it's not get a taxi to the hospital or phone your local police station (even if they do take hours to come) I know it sounds obvious but the amount of people who do the opposite is shocking.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ace Gunman said:
gumgod said:
Even if you could consider it a legitimate theft due to the items used and the time (labor) involved in creating it, she could have still used a non-emergency police number to report it.
Fair point, while writing my post it had slipped my mind that she called an emergency line.
Meh, a lot of people don't even know that there's a non-emergency line. I'll admit, I don't know what it is in my country. If I wanted to contact the police about a non-emergency, I'd have to google the phone number first.
tongue.gif

And I hope she didn't use pound coins for the snowman's buttons as well. That's 5 pound coins, almost $10. Leaving 10 dollars out on your front yard? Yeah, it's gonna get stolen, but it's your own damn fault.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Meh, a lot of people don't even know that there's a non-emergency line. I'll admit, I don't know what it is in my country. If I wanted to contact the police about a non-emergency, I'd have to google the phone number first.
tongue.gif
I have non-emergency number and few utility numbers written down on a piece of paper. Very useful to come by. These numbers can also be found through local telephone book (at front page).

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
First of all its just a damn snowman.
Second, that was her dumb ass fault for using pound coins and actual silverware.
Third, it makes me think she just ditched the snowman once the pound coins and the silverware was stolen, because seriously, no matter how ridiculous reporting a stolen snowman sounds, reporting two pound coins and two spoons stolen sounds even more so.

And finally, Everyone has a cell phone these days. Store the frigging local police number in there for god sakes. its not that hard.

xatratx

Reloaded
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
TwinRetro said:
First of all its just a damn snowman.
Second, that was her dumb ass fault for using pound coins and actual silverware.
Third, it makes me think she just ditched the snowman once the pound coins and the silverware was stolen, because seriously, no matter how ridiculous reporting a stolen snowman sounds, reporting two pound coins and two spoons stolen sounds even more so.

And finally, Everyone has a cell phone these days. Store the frigging local police number in there for god sakes. its not that hard.

I agree, a snowmen is not that important. Also, who would use 2 pound coins as eyes? It's like using two silver-one dollar coins as eyes for a snowmen in the US.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't have the local non-emergency number stored, and I've never needed it, but I've practically memorised it.

I'm good with numbers.

xatratx said:
I agree, a snowmen is not that important. Also, who would use 2 pound coins as eyes? It's like using two silver-one dollar coins as eyes for a snowmen in the US.
"Who would use two coins as eyes? That's like using two...coins...of a different currency..."

Your point?
huh.gif

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
ProtoKun7 said:
I don't have the local non-emergency number stored, and I've never needed it, but I've practically memorised it.

I'm good with numbers.

xatratx said:
"Who would use two coins as eyes? That's like using two...coins...of a different currency..."

Your point?
huh.gif

I think the point is that it isn't a good idea and why the hell did she just not use old buttons or stones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo