Homebrew UBER DEX

PokeTrader

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Today I resign as part of the DEX Project.
This is the Last you will hear of me.
Hopfully somone will pick this up where i left it .you just need to talk to the 3 menbers of the team. and work form there.
I sight my reasons for leaving.
1)I was Not doing a good job (it would often be days or weeks befor i replyed to PM's or posts)
2)Im Not qulified enof to do this (i cant even spell)
3)My work has me doing over time ( i make 3D computer grahics of houses for a bilder)
4)Because i Have Failed.

Good Buy

pokeTrader.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
PokeTrader said:
Today I resign as part of the DEX Project.
This is the Last you will hear of me.

Called it!

PokeTrader said:
3)My work has me doing over time ( i make 3D computer grahics of houses for a bilder)

QUOTE(PokeTrader @ Jul 13 2010, 10:24 PM)
this is very quick so very C#$p but might give some idear
WARNING im no artist
UBER DEX MOCK UP [url=http://rapidshare.com/files/406829360/UBER_DEX.rar]http://rapidshare.com/files/406829360/UBER_DEX.rar[/url]
blink.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
o.0 I wonder where that leaves the three of us that are working on this xD...Apparently, I missed this entire conversation while I was working on the logo (and a mini signature thing). The name was made up off the top of my head, so if anyone gets a better name, feel free to tell me it so I can change it xD.
logoet.png

minisigrayquaza.png

Anyways, if Sterl500 and Wabsta are still fine with working on this, then I'm still in.

PokeTrader said:
1)I was Not doing a good job (it would often be days or weeks befor i replyed to PM's or posts)
2)Im Not qulified enof to do this (i cant even spell)
Well...I don't really know how it is often days or weeks...I mean the thread itself is only 10 days old. Spelling doesn't really change any qualifications, it just makes the lives of the readers a little easier. I don't really mind if you quit or not (totally your decision) and if the project does die just like that, I'm probably the only one that burned the most time with graphics, but it's fun image editing anyways, so meh xD

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can still create a database entry creator. After all someone else may be able to use it. I have to say thanks for giving me some motivation to even pick up coding again, I appreciate it. I can still do my part, I just have a few doubts that Wabsta will want to continue.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
jurassicplayer, I think it's time to bring benjifs back to this project. We did help him a bit in his thread, I think it'd be best to PM him now, or write on his Twitter (Google it). I cannot do it right now, since I'm no the run.

Best of luck to those who are still here, I'll try to help if I can.

Later,

Ace Faith

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm in for continueing the project.
Jurassic and sterl, still in?

I will need some help with the programming tho. Sterl, think you could help me with it?
Or could you maybe PM me ur MSN, xfire, steamID, w/e?

Then we could talk about it
smile.gif

Mitch2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i mean no offfence by writing this but the new pokemon game is coming out soon so i suggest release it after all gen5 pokemon and moves have been announced

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mitch2 said:
i mean no offfence by writing this but the new pokemon game is coming out soon so i suggest release it after all gen5 pokemon and moves have been announced
Well I think base system cannot be completed until (it becomes) September.

#If I find interesting part, I might be in.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol, I suppose that means that everyone is still willing to do this. I'm guessing that Sterl will keep working on adding more input boxes for the pokemon information, I have no idea what Wabsta is going to do (I never tried real coding before so of course I would be lost there xD), but maybe you two can get a sort of standard format for the pokemon entries, it would probably be easier to put it all together instead of the exe having it put in one way while the nds reads it in a different order or something. If the two of you are fine with it, I could come up with a full mockup and keymap (though it would be nice to know any limitations like if the font can only reach a certain size or some other rendering limit so I can keep it in mind).

xD we need to have some aspect of this project interesting (preferably all of it), since we have Xenon++ searching for things of interest =).

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
9d7bd24e498d150a7e86af6d2326c.gif

I sent this to the last Pokédex project as a font suggestion. It's a copy-paste of all the Pokémon Blue/Red/Yellow font, with some reworked symbols that I couldn't find. It's also quite big, which makes it very readable, and it has a very retro feel to it.

I can also make one based on the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald font, just say the word if you want that instead, but keep in mind that these fonts are made by hand, since there's no proper way to generate them. They don't take long to make, it's just that some symbols aren't included, and it's a bit hard to design something similar on the spot.

ACEDIT: I might have time to make a font based on the Generation IV games, but since the characters haven't been compiled to a character map yet, I'm gonna have to dig them out of the game myself. Wish me luck...

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'll have to come up with a standard format. I'll be putting things into arrays to be appended into the document. I can also make it any file extension (in theory) just by renaming the end. I'll get back to you guys in a while.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I tried making a font similar to the HGSS (might as well while I'm making the mockup) and I think it turned out fairly nice (dunno about how well it works, and I only made capitals at the moment). I think the spacing is right, but I don't exactly have a way to check xD.
fontnc.gif

textpreview.png

I think the file extension should be .poo xD (jk whatever extension is fine as long as the inside is easy to write to and use).

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
Well, I tried making a font similar to the HGSS (might as well while I'm making the mockup) and I think it turned out fairly nice (dunno about how well it works, and I only made capitals at the moment). I think the spacing is right, but I don't exactly have a way to check xD.
fontnc.gif

textpreview.png

I think the file extension should be .poo xD (jk whatever extension is fine as long as the inside is easy to write to and use).
Font looks pretty nice.
But could you make one of those rows non-capital?
And I'll test the spacing for you today, as I'm gonna start coding now.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys, I have updated EzPokeDatabase to version .02. There is a lot more info options, and is more fault tolerant. *NOTE* You only have to hit the set filepath/file ext button and enter the data once. From there on, you can just keep adding entries and it will output the files to your designated folder.

@Wabsta: If you want a different info progression, just tell me. It's actually rather easy to change the way info is inputted into the file.

Wabsta

Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm for now it's pretty good like this
smile.gif

I can't seem to get Palib setup with Visual Studio 2010 damnit, there is an easy .bat file that does it for you for studio 2005/2008..

Ah well, I'll download that one.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
Hmm for now it's pretty good like this
smile.gif

I can't seem to get Palib setup with Visual Studio 2010 damnit, there is an easy .bat file that does it for you for studio 2005/2008..

Ah well, I'll download that one.
I wish I could help with the .nds, but I can't program in c++ atm. I could try to learn and do some minor programming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1