Homebrew UBER DEX

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Okay, everyone here involved in this project, should I send word of this thread to benjifs or not? He made a decent job of making a database for sprites and entries at a small filesize and quick access.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you want
tongue.gif

I could figure it out myself, but maybe a little help would be nice.

Pff, have to get into C++ again, but getting the hang of it again.
Did a lot (well, 4) of other languages this year at school, so C++ kinda slipped out of my mind
tongue.gif

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wabsta said:
If you want
tongue.gif

I could figure it out myself, but maybe a little help would be nice.

Pff, have to get into C++ again, but getting the hang of it again.
Did a lot (well, 4) of other languages this year at school, so C++ kinda slipped out of my mind
tongue.gif

It's been three years since I touched VB. It's an "OMG this is easy" sort of easy. Tutorials are great to. I LOVE the internet!!
smileipb2.png

QUOTE(Ace Faith @ Jul 26 2010, 06:57 AM) Okay, everyone here involved in this project, should I send word of this thread to benjifs or not? He made a decent job of making a database for sprites and entries at a small filesize and quick access.
Sure, go ahead. If he replies back I might be able to learn a few things from him concerning the database side.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Here is the font with lower case letters as well. Its not exactly like HGSS, but meh it looked strange otherwise. I'm not sure if the size is ok, what are the maximum dimensions of the smallest font (If I can, I think it would be better with one line below the lower letters like p,q,j, etc. but to keep safe, I left them all within what I think is the limit)?
fontm.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
jurassicplayer said:
Here is the font with lower case letters as well. Its not exactly like HGSS, but meh it looked strange otherwise. I'm not sure if the size is ok, what are the maximum dimensions of the smallest font (If I can, I think it would be better with one line below the lower letters like p,q,j, etc. but to keep safe, I left them all within what I think is the limit)?
fontm.gif
Looks pretty nice. Got Visual Studio running with palib etc. So I'll try it tomorrow
wink.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I got a little bit farther on my mockup image (has a top screen now), but I don't know what stuff should go on it anymore xD (a large majority of the stuff I could put is already on the bottom screen). If anyone has some ideas on what else to put (since there is a sizable chunk of space left), feel free to voice it out. I also changed the font some more (the numbers aren't so small and are bigger now) and it looks a lot nicer compared to the old numbers (though you can't see any of the changes on this preview).
textpreview.png

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Mitch2 said:
maybe add an option on the top screen to show the pokemon shiny??
This was where I put that stuff. I was kind of thinking something like touching the letter you want between M or F if applicable (M:Male, F:Female, G:Genderless) and have the star be a toggle for shiny or not. I have no idea if its possible or not (since I'm not the one coding xD), but I think it might be.
textpreview.png

About that water type xD...I totally forgot to change that (I had used a screenshot with Totodile. I just thought that it would have been better to use bulbasaur...I suppose now we'll just say that the current Bulbasaur is a special one xD)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You could also add possible genders, legendary/non-legendary, regions pokemon are available in, versions pokemon are available in, base stats, move tutor moves, evolutions (?), catch rate, male/female ratio, pokemon type (ie. Seed Pokemon), pokemon color, body type (ie. serpent-like, fish-like, etc.), final experience, steps to hatch, pokemon color, routes where the pokemon are located...that is all I can think of that could be added...

Gearhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this is a bad idea, but perhaps for legendary Pokemon you could change the color of the small pokeball on the upper left corner of the top screen from red to gold. So basically, Red (normal) pokeball = non-legendary, and gold (or some other) pokeball = legendary. From the database side I would assume it would be as simple as a "Legendary=Y or N" (Where a "Y" would tell it to change the pokeball while a "N" would keep it a normal one), or the equivalent in the language it's programmed in. I'm not sure if there's an easier way I just thought I'd throw out an idea.

(Or if you wanted to be ridiculous you could put a big "LEGENDARY" in the empty top middle space on the bottom screen, but again, that's a bit ridiculous)

Edit: Or another idea, where you have the form indicators on the upper left on the bottom screen, you could add one more letter (Obviously the letter "L") beside it, possibly a little farther spaced from the rest, which would either only be "lit" or would only appear for legendaries.)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Gearhead said:
Maybe this is a bad idea, but perhaps for legendary Pokemon you could change the color of the small pokeball on the upper left corner of the top screen from red to gold. So basically, Red (normal) pokeball = non-legendary, and gold (or some other) pokeball = legendary. From the database side I would assume it would be as simple as a "Legendary=Y or N" (Where a "Y" would tell it to change the pokeball while a "N" would keep it a normal one), or the equivalent in the language it's programmed in. I'm not sure if there's an easier way I just thought I'd throw out an idea.
I like this idea more that the first idea I gave out (back when I didn't have the mockup xD), although that doesn't help for filling up the top screen with more stuff xD. Anyways, hopefully Wabsta can also add that idea. This project would probably take the most out of him rather than either Sterl500 or myself since neither of us can really help with the major coding.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
You could also add possible genders, legendary/non-legendary, regions pokemon are available in, versions pokemon are available in, base stats, move tutor moves, evolutions (?), catch rate, male/female ratio, pokemon type (ie. Seed Pokemon), pokemon color, body type (ie. serpent-like, fish-like, etc.), final experience, steps to hatch, pokemon color, routes where the pokemon are located...that is all I can think of that could be added...
Right! There is quite a bit more that I could do. Looks like I may have to add a second page in a menu bar to add all of it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm