• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I believe if you wear a condom while having sex, pregnancy is not a reasonable expectation. Despite you saying so, what's "reasonable" is debatable even if we both agree.

My question, though, didn't presume that she didn't want the child. Is it possible that you convinced her not to have the child, and she felt compelled to agree? If she consulted a lawyer, instead of you, and found that she could have you pay paternity, might it be possible that she'd elect to raise a child without you being around?

• Haha
Reactions: MicroNut99

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My question, though, didn't presume that she didn't want the child. Is it possible that you convinced her not to have the child, and she felt compelled to agree? If she consulted a lawyer, instead of you, and found that she could have you pay paternity, might it be possible that she'd elect to raise a child without you being around?
What your question presumed doesn't concern me since you didn't specify it, so I'm gonna steer the conversation where I want.

It's not possible that she felt compelled to agree, because we both knew we weren't (and still aren't) ready. And honestly the risk wasn't worth it, a couple days later after the incident all was clear.

Even if she found out she'd have forced me to pay for the child, truth is I owned very little and had no salary. So it would have done her F ALL to do so.

believe if you wear a condom while having sex, pregnancy is not a reasonable expectation. Despite you saying so, what's "reasonable" is debatable even if we both agree.
Don't backpedal your own points. Per your own words, the mere fact of having intercourse constitutes reasonableness. Just like your insinuation that life begins at conception.

You're wrong, of course, but that's your own fault.

Reactions: MicroNut99

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What your question presumed doesn't concern me since you didn't specify it, so I'm gonna steer the conversation where I want.

It's not possible that she felt compelled to agree, because we both knew we weren't (and still aren't) ready. And honestly the risk wasn't worth it, a couple days later after the incident all was clear.

Even if she found out she'd have forced me to pay for the child, truth is I owned very little and had no salary. So it would have done her F ALL to do so.

You do know the definition of "insist", right? I'm at odds with your predisposition, as I would be more concerned with why a woman may feel the need to abort. Is it because of financial reasons? Is it because of social expectations? It's more intimate to her than it is to her partner, by definition. She should have complete freedom of expression on what it means to her.

Don't backpedal your own points. Per your own words, the mere fact of having intercourse constitutes reasonableness. Just like your insinuation that life begins at conception.

You're wrong, of course, but that's your own fault.

I never said that the mere fact of having intercourse constitutes a reasonable expectation of pregnancy.

Pregnancy begins at conception. Life began way before either of us.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never said that the mere fact of having intercourse constitutes a reasonable expectation of pregnancy.

Pregnancy begins at conception. Life began way before either of us.
You totally did, and you're completely ridiculous with this idea. The last one is a list of nonsensical points you've been making.

You do know the definition of "insist", right? I'm at odds with your predisposition, as I would be more concerned with why a woman may feel the need to abort. Is it because of financial reasons? Is it because of social expectations? It's more intimate to her than it is to her partner, by definition. She should have complete freedom of expression on what it means to her.
Your hypocrisy is astounding. How does it feel to have no principles of your own, always skating to get a rise out of people.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You totally did, and you're completely ridiculous with this idea. The last one is a list of nonsensical points you've been making.

Your hypocrisy is astounding. How does it feel to have no principles of your own, always skating to get a rise out of people.

For both of these claims I'd like a direct reference. Saw you from a mile away.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then why ask?
To be polite.
Great. Please point out where.
Anything you say Wybie.
"Forcing someone to carry" as slavery is loaded and doesn't address the appeal to accountability for willfully getting pregnant in the first place. It's a real argument that you are failing to address. If you think women shouldn't be accountable for their pregnancies, you can honestly say that and one can honestly disagree. As an analogy to slavery, it doesn't capture the concerns addressed; so it falls short.
Who are you to say that you know any details involving a Woman's choice.... Ever.
You are blind to situation and have cast doubt where there should be little.
Broad shoulders and infinite wisdom you must carry.... impressive.
Forced labor and children women must endure because you said so.... not knowing a damn thing about that person.
You now own them... you now control the reproductive rights of half the population.
Slavery.
I'm still not sure why you are including anyone other than the woman. Are you suggesting that it's an immediate community thing?
The situation involves the most important people closest to the person making the decision.
Save your outrage.
All for you... because you are a well crafted liar.
I'm sure this is what you wanted to hear anyway.
Troll food for a troll.

Reactions: Chary

KennyAtom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, what's with everyone thinking that people with a opposing viewpoint is trolling?

you won't make any progress this way, you don't have to believe what they say, but at least listen and debate it, don't call them a troll just because you disagree.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, what's with everyone thinking that people with a opposing viewpoint is trolling?

you won't make any progress this way, you don't have to believe what they say, but at least listen and debate it, don't call them a troll just because you disagree.
Because he isn't presenting any counter argument.
He just washes out or generalizes anything he doesn't like and then says your wrong.
I can debate anyone who is willing and able enough to express a viewpoint.
and imho tabzer really has none.... just bones to pick... and that's what Trolls do.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Who are you to say that you know any details involving a Woman's choice.... Ever.

Well, I suppose that's up to the woman to disclose or how far state monitoring can observe. The reason your analogy fails is because it presumes that all pregnancies are forced upon them and doesn't account for the situations where the pregnancy was an act of will. "Who are you to say that you know any details involving a Woman's choice.... Ever."

I said it first, but in a way that was too subtle for you to understand, aka the argument itself.

I've literally been quoting your ridiculous assertions until now.

I get that you don't like being shown how your persuasion of a girl to get an abortion after you knocked her up doesn't appear noble. Calling me a hypocrite suggests that I would do the same thing despite me already telling you how I'd approach the situation, and it comes out sideways.

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I suppose that's up to the woman to disclose or how far state monitoring can observe. The reason your analogy fails is because it presumes that all pregnancies are forced upon them and doesn't account for the situations where the pregnancy was an act of will. "Who are you to say that you know any details involving a Woman's choice.... Ever."

I said it first, but in a way that was too subtle for you to understand, aka the argument itself.
"it presumes that all pregnancies are forced upon them"
Not until the Choice is denied.

I get that you don't like being shown how your persuasion of a girl to get an abortion after you knocked her up doesn't appear noble. Calling me a hypocrite suggests that I would do the same thing despite me already telling you how I'd approach the situation, and it comes out sideways.
If you stood for anything or had any real point of view this might be anything but an incredible waste of time.
You've done nothing to advance your position on the subject because you have none.
However if you can, please explain yourself... otherwise Troll on.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
"it presumes that all pregnancies are forced upon them"
Not until the Choice is denied.

No, it presumes that the pregnancy has been forced before the choice for an abortion can be honored or denied. Forcing people to get pregnant is not the same as denying them access to an abortion.

If you stood for anything or had any real point of view this might be anything but an incredible waste of time.
You've done nothing to advance your position on the subject because you have none.
However if you can, please explain yourself... otherwise Troll on.

There are some people who are pro-abortion with the intention of disrespecting women. I'm thinking of sordid politicians, deceitful philanderers, or deadbeats in general. I've been arguing against rhetoric that dismisses the existence of accountability. When people line up to expose themselves, I think the point speaks for itself.

Last edited by tabzer,

MicroNut99

!SEGA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, it presumes that the pregnancy has been forced before the choice for an abortion can be honored or denied. Forcing people to get pregnant is not the same as denying them access to an abortion.
We disagree. Forcing a woman to have a baby is slavery to a people/system/law that remove all the details, dignity and humanity from that persons life.
There are some people who are pro-abortion with the intention of disrespecting women. I'm thinking of sordid politicians, deceitful philanderers, or deadbeats in general. I've been arguing against rhetoric that dismisses the existence of accountability. When people line up to expose themselves, I think the point speaks for itself.
"pro-abortion" that's not really a thing... (Finally some hint at your real position on the subject.)
and who exactly are these people?
Details please. (popcorn)
I ask for the specifics of every situation, you've given none and exposed your own naked argument.
omg Pro-Choice must be "pro-abortion" is that what you mean?
Depending on your life's perspective these people "sordid politicians, deceitful philanderers, or deadbeats in general" could be anyone on any given side.
So are you pro-life or pro-choice?
Do you have any female friends?
Do you have a mother?
Did she make a choice?

Women should be allowed to choose.
I think abortion is wrong but its not up to me to make that choice.
I just don't know the specifics of any woman's life to make that kind of heavy decision.

Lots of bones to pick, enjoy...

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
We disagree. Forcing a woman to have a baby is slavery to a people/system/law that remove all the details, dignity and humanity from that persons life.

This isn't a rebuttal to the claim that "forcing people to get pregnant is not the same as denying them access to an abortion".

If you call,"forcing people to become pregnant and carry out her pregnancy" slavery.

And then you call,"forcing a woman to carry out her pregnancy" slavery.

It doesn't automatically make them the same thing, and it doesn't automatically make them slavery.

One example has a clear, and important, step further than the other towards slavery. To say that these are the same is essentially hand-waving the inclusion of rape. It is a much worse analogy than the one that was presented before yours. If rape is too "nuanced" for you to see, there is no point in discussing something so "abstract" as accountability.

I think abortion is wrong

Ok. What makes it wrong?

"pro-abortion" that's not really a thing... (Finally some hint at your real position on the subject.)
and who exactly are these people?

You are having trouble understanding the fact that there are men who pressure women into having abortions and want social conditions to benefit them. They are pro-abortion and would desire to appear as "pro-choice". Politics isn't a game of red vs blue or pro-choice vs pro-life. Many people have a variety of interests and views.

Last edited by tabzer,

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
never said that the mere fact of having intercourse constitutes a reasonable expectation of pregnancy.
You absolutely did.

get that you don't like being shown how your persuasion of a girl to get an abortion after you knocked her up doesn't appear noble.
Are you illiterate? I never said any of that.

Calling me a hypocrite suggests that I would do the same thing despite me already telling you how I'd approach the situation, and it comes out sideways.
Calling you a hypocrite because you've made no contribution and keep moving the goalposts... yep sounds about right.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You absolutely did.

You say so, but I'm noticing an interesting lack of reference. Should be easy. Just one line, from this thread. Point at it. Maybe you assumed I said something.

Are you illiterate? I never said any of that.

You said that you didn't have to try very hard.

Calling you a hypocrite because you've made no contribution and keep moving the goalposts... yep sounds about right.

I didn't bring cookies and now I am a hypocrite? How am I moving goalposts? Say all the buzzwords you want. They aren't meaningful without supporting context.

Watching you trying to hide after exposing yourself is pretty amusing. I think it would be easier to delete your account, and try again.

Last edited by tabzer,

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You said that you didn't have to try very hard
Not what I'm talking about. Are you ignorant of basic biology?

You say so, but I'm noticing an interesting lack of reference. Should be easy. Just one line, from this thread. Point at it. Maybe you assumed I said something.
Here Is your reference.
[Idiotic nonsense].

And yes, sex does lead to pregnancy, if done correctly. The pregnancy is a reasonable expectation. When would you argue that people should not be responsible for the consequences of their actions when the consequences are the expected outcome?

I didn't bring cookies and now I am a hypocrite? How am I moving goalposts? Say all the buzzwords you want. They aren't meaningful without supporting context.

Watching you trying to hide after exposing yourself is pretty amusing. I think it would be easier to delete your account, and try again.
Hide myself? Are you trying to be even stupider than usual? Not that it's possible ofc.

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not what I'm talking about. Are you ignorant of basic biology?

I drew attention to you convincing a woman to get an abortion. Where is the ignorance of basic biology relevant?

Here Is your reference.

You should realize that the "if done correctly" is pointing at pregnancy as a goal. Biology. Who knew?

Hide myself? Are you trying to be even stupider than usual? Not that it's possible ofc.

You: I am better than you. I respect women and you do not. Also, your girlfriend is a slut, lol.

You again: I did noooot.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I drew attention to you convincing a woman to get an abortion. Where is the ignorance of basic biology relevant?
Your mistake, as usual. I convinced NO ONE to get an abortion, I convinced someone to take the morning-after pill. Which any clinician, and any person with half a brain, would agree is birth control, not abortion. Unless you're arguing that somehow they are the same, which they are NOT.
You should realize that the "if done correctly" is pointing at pregnancy as a goal. Biology. Who knew?
Not you, obviously, since your only intent is to troll people.
Also you: Your girlfriend is a slut, lol.
Actually I never said that, I blamed you 100%, once again your stupidity come back to haunt you,
Also, "girlfriend"? That's the first time you address her so respectfully. The word you used before is "mistress", a word whose meaning is intrinsically linked to cheating and, in general, sordid affairs. Perhaps you should respect your "girlfriend" more and call her as such.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Your mistake, as usual. I convinced NO ONE to get an abortion, I convinced someone to take the morning-after pill. Which any clinician, and any person with half a brain, would agree is birth control, not abortion. Unless you're arguing that somehow they are the same, which they are NOT.
Screenshot_20220530-162920.png

Not you, obviously, since your only intent is to troll people.
Nice logic. "I don't agree with the biological purpose of sex, so you must be a troll."
Actually I never said that, I blamed you 100%, once again your stupidity come back to haunt you,
Also, "girlfriend"? That's the first time you address her so respectfully. The word you used before is "mistress", a word whose meaning is intrinsically linked to cheating. Perhaps you should respect your "girlfriend" more and call her as such.
Screenshot_20220530-163125-573.png

It's one step that you chose to assume that she was promiscuous (which isn't a definition). It was another to present it as an insult (town bike). Based on what you are saying, even now, it is my responsibility to make sure she makes moral choices. You must respect women, so much.

Last edited by tabzer,
  • Haha
Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...