• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the end, you will end up with this choice:

- Human lives don't matter, so Hitler did what he had to do, Gengis Khan was an awesome emperor who slaughtered the Chinese, Russians and Eastern Europeans, and Stalin was right to start the Holodomor to consolidate his power in Ukraine

or:

- Human lives are special, and I shall not murder a human being unless someone else's life is threatened by his actions (which obviously excludes the most innocent of all human lives, A BABY)

Pick your side. I go with the second one.

Let's get it straight: this madness NEVER stops at the zygote stage. You relativize it in the beginning, you relativize it in all stages. Stop being ridiculously hypocritical about it, please. (maybe that's gonna be tough, given your modernist inclinations...)

How about just answering the questions though? And you litereally just said murder is okay, as long as is it's where you see fit. Anti-abortion, but the death penalty is just fine. Right? And the death of the mother too when she gets an illegal abortion? Two for 1 deal for you, huh? :lol:

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bit of "False dilemma" and "strawman" mixed up into one right there. Obviously I object the premise, as baking in your desired answer into the question isn't productive.
History has taught a thousand times what humans are capable of when we relativize the value of a human life.

Have you heard of the "french revolution", my modernist friend?

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How about just answering the questions though? And you litereally just said murder is okay, as long is it's where you see fit. :lol:
You just confirmed you agree that humans beings have a free will to choose between right and wrong. I'm glad we're on the same boat here.

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
History has taught a thousand times what humans are capable of when we relativize the value of a human life.

Have you heard of the "french revolution", my modernist friend?
Did you know Dr. Guillotine was murdered with his own invention?

That's one of my favorite ironies of "revolutions" ever (although I really wish that crap never started in the first place).

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You just confirmed you agree that humans beings have a free will to choose between right and wrong. I'm glad we're on the same boat here.
Why can’t you answer any basic questions?

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How about answering the question?
"Thomas Aquinas's use of the terms libero, libertas, and liberum arbitrium in the Summa theologiae gives us a wealth of information about free will and freedom. Human beings have free will and are masters of themselves through their free will. Free will can be impeded by obstacles or ignorance but naturally moves toward God. According to Servais Pinckaers, our freedom can be that of indifference (the morality of obligation) or that of excellence (the morality of happiness). The difference is that of free will moving reason versus reason moving free will. The freedom of indifference is the power to choose between good and evil. The will is inclined toward neither and freely chooses between them. The freedom for excellence is the power to be the best human being we can be. Here the rules, or what makes for a good human being, are the grounding for freedom. One who observes these rules has the freedom to become excellent. According to Aquinas, intellect and will have command over free will. This then is true freedom, and on this Aquinas and Pinckaers agree. We do not have freedom of indifference, we have freedom for excellence. Anything else makes us slaves."

Can you read that? Do you need me to read the Aquinas' statement on freedom to you via Skype? If not, give me your insight on it. Or don't. Your choice.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Thomas Aquinas's use of the terms libero, libertas, and liberum arbitrium in the Summa theologiae gives us a wealth of information about free will and freedom. Human beings have free will and are masters of themselves through their free will. Free will can be impeded by obstacles or ignorance but naturally moves toward God. According to Servais Pinckaers, our freedom can be that of indifference (the morality of obligation) or that of excellence (the morality of happiness). The difference is that of free will moving reason versus reason moving free will. The freedom of indifference is the power to choose between good and evil. The will is inclined toward neither and freely chooses between them. The freedom for excellence is the power to be the best human being we can be. Here the rules, or what makes for a good human being, are the grounding for freedom. One who observes these rules has the freedom to become excellent. According to Aquinas, intellect and will have command over free will. This then is true freedom, and on this Aquinas and Pinckaers agree. We do not have freedom of indifference, we have freedom for excellence. Anything else makes us slaves."

Can you read that? Do you need me to read the Aquinas' statement on freedom to you via Skype? If not, give me your insight on it. Or don't. Your choice.

Or, you could answer the questions first. And then when you DO decide to, how about some of your own thoughts on the matter? I didn't ask Thomas Aquina. I asked you.

heraymo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a decision based on dogma, not reason. In the first ten weeks of pregnancy, there isn't a baby, it's just a bundle of tissues and the phase of preparation of the woman's body to accomodate the process. The brain synapses only start after 17 weeks, towards the end of the fourth month. I don't see a reason why abortion shouldn't be permitted in the first 10/15 weeks, in a pro-life perspective.

Yeah once the Brain Starts to form an abortion shouldn't be allowed, it's a very complex subject and religion and politics make us unable to solve it.

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop being a slave.

Stop creating alt accounts and refusing to answer simple questions. Slave? I'm a slave becasue I want you to answer a question? Ummmm. What in the FUCK? "Slave" says the one who wants government to force medical opinions upon us. :rofl2:

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about that steak on your plate?
This is modern "philosophy".
They write on the premise that human beings are just another animal.
The next thing we have is the Guillotine, WW1, WW2, Holodomor, Mao's hunger, things that only a gnostic/satanist human being could ever do.

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Stop creating alt accounts and refusing to answer simple questions. Slave? I'm a slave becasue I want you to answer a question? Ummmm. What in the FUCK? "Slave" says the one who wants government to force medical opinions upon us. :rofl2:
You think slaughtering babies is "freedom".
You haven't the slightest idea of what freedom is.
You are a slave.

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I actually just want to know what field you practice under
I'm a Cardiologist.
Now tell me, my dear "enlightened" conveyor of modern "reason", how does that contribute to this debate? (to be honest, I regret I said my profession, guess I expected too much maturity from this thread's users...)

Stone_Wings

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aquinas's
You think slaughtering babies is "freedom".
You haven't the slightest idea of what freedom is.
You are a slave.

A slave to what? My own free will? LMFAO. You can't answer a couple simple quesions, let me see how you do with something a bit more difficult. PLease do tell me what I am a slave to. You sound like you want free will, but not freedom. Which doesn't even make sense. I don't even think you understand the shit you are buying into. At all. Period.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, what's so hard about not fucking? Do that really people have so little self control and reasoning?

Why do you? Like with the "vaccines" aka experimental booster shot.

Then. Don't. Fuck. And even when it fails it's rare, not a common thing like people want to believe. It'll work a lot of the times. Only if like, the condom was cheap or broken or something along those lines then it won't work.

Or maybe some people have self control. Sex is good, but too much of a good thing is always bad. Didn't your mother teach you that? If you're really that worried though, don't have sex. I don't know how much simpler I can make it.

Oh the horror on not being able to identify on any of the 100000000 genders that don't exist and not being able to make people submit to your fantasy because "muh gay rights".

Guns did exist back when the second amendment was written you moron. The amendment was made so people would have a way to self defense and/or if the government got way too big or controlling, the people have a safeguard so they wouldn't get too control happy. Learn history.

And I bed people enjoy talking to you so much they cross the street to avoid you. It is life, Roe v. Wade is gone, get over it. And masks don't do shit, the end.

Ok continue being a horrible human being, no skin off my bones.

You can be married and after a kid or two not have sex anymore and still love each other. I don't see the point you're trying to make here. Get stronger condoms and birth control pills, it's not that hard.

So if we just abort all babies on earth, how will the human race survive? Take precautions, and if something happens, make the best of it. How heartless one must be to look at one's own flesh and blood, in the womb or out, and say, "Ew, I don't wanna take care of this thing even though I should've been more careful. Kill it." Don't you see how evil that is? Or course not, and that's another problem.

They can have sex. Use protection, get a vasectomy, just be careful. And don't talk about my sex life as if you know about it when probably the only sex you have is the cheap ass disease ridden whores down the street corner of the democratic shithole you live in.

Comparing a steak to a human being. We're getting to peak leftism alright. For thousands of years, humans have used livestock, such as cows and pigs, for the sustenance they need. Should we condemn wild animals for hunting other animals then? I'm sure that wolf pack will listen to you on their next hunting trip.

Because the freedom to kill babies and snuff out someone else's life is what true freedom is all about. Sorry, but you don't know what actual freedom is. Nor do you support it. Sorry, but you just don't.
Sexuality is a biological drive. In general, the desire for sex is comparable to the desire for food or water, regardless of whether or not you need it to literally survive. This "just say no" attitude of yours suggests you don't know what you're missing and don't understand sex.

Rena_to84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sexuality is a biological drive. In general, the desire for sex is comparable to the desire for food or water, regardless of whether or not you need it to literally survive. This "just say no" attitude of yours suggests you don't know what you're missing.
You're saying you can't live without sex just as you can't live without food or water.
Do I have to explain to you how flawed this argument is?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm a Cardiologist.
Now tell me, my dear "enlightened" conveyor of modern "reason", how does that contribute to this debate? (to be honest, I regret I said my profession, guess I expected too much maturity from this thread's users...)
It took that much effort, why? You made the claim, it had everything to do with this thread

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ +1