Homebrew TWPatcher - DS(i) mode screen filters and patches

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 748,739
  • Replies 2,428
  • Likes 101

Are you interested in a complete replacement of TwlBg which includes all patches?

• Yes, I don't care how broken it will be!

Votes: 188 79.3%
  • No, I don't want to use even more broken stuff

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Yes, but only in GBA mode, because I play DSi exclusives

Votes: 12 5.1%
  • No, because I only use DS and DSi mode

Votes: 17 7.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
Now that this exists, and TWL can connect to everything apart from (and without excluding) WEP access points, I wonder if it is possible to make a TWL Input Redirection system module for Luma3DS.

Talking about homebrew like this, what kind of programming language are these programs using?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Now that this exists, and TWL can connect to everything apart from (and without excluding) WEP access points, I wonder if it is possible to make a TWL Input Redirection system module for Luma3DS.

Talking about homebrew like this, what kind of programming language are these programs using?

It's not possible because 3DS WiFi is actually DSi WiFi, so in DS mode it belongs to the DS CPU.

I'm writing the patcher in C, but the patches are written in raw ARM Assembly, mostly in Thumb. My favorite assembler is ARMIPS, and TWPatcher uses that.

Deleted member 446461

Trophies
XP
It's not possible because 3DS WiFi is actually DSi WiFi, so in DS mode it belongs to the DS CPU.

I'm writing the patcher in C, but the patches are written in raw ARM Assembly, mostly in Thumb. My favorite assembler is ARMIPS, and TWPatcher uses that.

From what I can understand, TWLMenu++ can use DSi Mode, and I'm no longer interested in using flashcards (the DSi Enhanced games run on those things aren't run in DSi Mode), which means that it may be always possible if combined with TWLMenu++'s "DSi Mode (forced)" option.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
From what I can understand, TWLMenu++ can use DSi Mode, and I'm no longer interested in using flashcards (the DSi Enhanced games run on those things aren't run in DSi Mode), which means that it may be always possible if combined with TWLMenu++'s "DSi Mode (forced)" option.

I see... well, the problem at that point would be hijacking ARM7 and ARM9 to use DSi WiFi and hijack themselves... I have no idea how one would do that...

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
@Sono what is un-start and betteragb debug?

As I mentioned, that build of the patcher is a debug version.

The un-START patch just flips the function of START and SELECT, so with this patch scaling will be disabled, and scaling is enabled by holding START *and* SELECT.

Some other patches are debug patches, so avoid those!

I installed but with GBA CIA games it doesn't work how to increase the resolution of the gba games in .cia

Did you hold Y when opening TWPatcher? It's an undocumented way to switch to GBA patching mode.

Solitario

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As I mentioned, that build of the patcher is a debug version.

The un-START patch just flips the function of START and SELECT, so with this patch scaling will be disabled, and scaling is enabled by holding START *and* SELECT.

Some other patches are debug patches, so avoid those!

Did you hold Y when opening TWPatcher? It's an undocumented way to switch to GBA patching mode.

Thanks, it worked perfectly

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
IIRC I installed twilight menu widecreen patch on twilight menu gbatemp topic. And if I want to install @Sono 's patch, just install cia and thats it? 3-4 mounths ago I remember that was harder like widescreen patch? What shoul I do more specificly?

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
IIRC I installed twilight menu widecreen patch on twilight menu gbatemp topic. And if I want to install @Sono 's patch, just install cia and thats it? 3-4 mounths ago I remember that was harder like widescreen patch? What shoul I do more specificly?

Yeah, the new patcher is a few pages back, and it finally has a patch selector and CTR_Redshift control panel. And also a few exe-patcher -exclusive patches have been brought to the cia patcher too.

You just install the patcher, open it, enable the widescreen patch from the patch menu, and after hovering over the filter you want to use, hold START, and that's it, after 6minutes it'll tell you that it's done patching.

TR_mahmutpek

medic
Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Yeah, the new patcher is a few pages back, and it finally has a patch selector and CTR_Redshift control panel. And also a few exe-patcher -exclusive patches have been brought to the cia patcher too.

You just install the patcher, open it, enable the widescreen patch from the patch menu, and after hovering over the filter you want to use, hold START, and that's it, after 6minutes it'll tell you that it's done patching.
Thanks a lot for answer. Also much appreciated to your work.

Reactions: Sono

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Can I use this with a Flashcart or legit DS Games? I want to disable the blurriness effect on DS Mode when using them but I don't know if this is Twilight++ only or if it actually works on anything

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can I use this with a Flashcart or legit DS Games? I want to disable the blurriness effect on DS Mode when using them but I don't know if this is Twilight++ only or if it actually works on anything

Yes, you can! This works universally for everything in DS(i) mode. The only limitation is that you have to keep track of all TwlBg.cxi modifications if you don't want to wait 6mins each time you want to change something.

troydenite

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi Sono, thanks for all your hard work on this. Is there any news on the button-swap feature in AGB_FIRM? I'd love to change the layout if possible, and I recall you mentioning that early on in the thread. Thanks for your time!

Reactions: Sono

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Sono, thanks for all your hard work on this. Is there any news on the button-swap feature in AGB_FIRM? I'd love to change the layout if possible, and I recall you mentioning that early on in the thread. Thanks for your time!

I have sadly forgotten about the remap trainer.

But I lack free time anyways, so it would take a lot of time to implement, even though it's an easy task.

It is possible, but due to lack of time it'll come in a very long time only, sorry :(

troydenite

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have sadly forgotten about the remap trainer.

But I lack free time anyways, so it would take a lot of time to implement, even though it's an easy task.

It is possible, but due to lack of time it'll come in a very long time only, sorry :(

Not at all, thanks for the reply! Good things come to those who wait, and we've gotten plenty of good things from you, anyway. :)

Reactions: Red771 and Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf