Hacking Two QUESTIONS: how do I update my sysnand in 4.2 to 9.2 in Old 3ds and how do I update my emunand?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my case both of my nands are linked so fbi shows up in both sysnand and emunand from when i installed it in rxtools emunand. If i boot into rxtools and choose dev mode for sysnand and run fbi to install sysupdater would it run that way?

You can try, in my experience when I had my nands linked the stuff I installed to emunand showed up in sysnand but couldn't use it unless I tried installing it again in sysnand.

Sam_SpadeR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
You can try, in my experience when I had my nands linked the stuff I installed to emunand showed up in sysnand but couldn't use it unless I tried installing it again in sysnand.

Hello man,

I did good the coldboot on my o3ds. Now I have a problem with GBA games. I installed the AGB firm from Riku in the nand like before, but when I try to play a game it shows me black screens with the one down saying something about pressing the POWER button and reset the console. Is there a way to could run the GBA games in emunand with coldboot like before?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out injecting fbi into a gateway downgraded sysnand does not work. Was thinking that if i restored my original 9.2 sysnand backup and used rxtools to inject fbi into the sysnand to install sysupdater and then run sysupdater using this, 9.2.0-20U(no.mset-twl-wlist-agb) 161MB, would it just copy over the original 9.2 but not include the mset-twl-ds whitelist- and agb, or would it write the files but have those included since they are in the original 9.2 nand backup that was restored?

Trying to set it up so i could be on 9.2 while having both the options for mset like on 4.2 and themehax or anything else that 9.2 uses.

Last edited by cvskid,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found out injecting fbi into a gateway downgraded sysnand does not work. Was thinking that if i restored my original 9.2 sysnand backup and used rxtools to inject fbi into the sysnand to install sysupdater and then run sysupdater using this, 9.2.0-20U(no.mset-twl-wlist-agb) 161MB, would it just copy over the original 9.2 but not include the mset-twl-ds whitelist- and agb, or would it write the files but have those included since they are in the original 9.2 nand backup that was restored?

Trying to set it up so i could be on 9.2 while having both the options for mset like on 4.2 and themehax or anything else that 9.2 uses.

You would get the same full 9.2 update, No mset, gba, etc... means that they have been removed from the update, leaving the old versions intact after updating.

Anyways if you remove the SD card that has emunand, you can boot Gateway Mode into sysnand, then you can install sysupdater.cia using Bigbluemenu.3ds or FBI.3ds, then you switch to rxTools to do the update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello man,

I did good the coldboot on my o3ds. Now I have a problem with GBA games. I installed the AGB firm from Riku in the nand like before, but when I try to play a game it shows me black screens with the one down saying something about pressing the POWER button and reset the console. Is there a way to could run the GBA games in emunand with coldboot like before?

GBA games have to be installed both to sysnand and emunand for them to work in emunand.

Reactions: cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would get the same full 9.2 update, No mset, gba, etc... means that they have been removed from the update, leaving the old versions intact after updating.

Anyways if you remove the SD card that has emunand, you can boot Gateway Mode into sysnand, then you can install sysupdater.cia using Bigbluemenu.3ds or FBI.3ds, then you switch to rxTools to do the update.
Thank you for the answer. Now that i know that won't make a difference the only other thing i can think of is to find out if it possible to go inside my own personal 9.2 sysnand dump and remove the updates then use gateway launcher menu to restore the sysnand backup. If not then i am no longer worried about it, thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by cvskid,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the answer. Now that i know that won't make a difference the only other thing i can think of is to find out if it possible to go inside my own personal 9.2 sysnand dump and remove the updates then use gateway launcher menu to restore the sysnand backup. If not then i am no longer worried about it, thanks a lot for your help.

I don't think there is any program that will let you delete titles from a backed up NAND, what you could do is to restore your nand and use FBI to simply install old versions of mset, twl, etc...

Or use Gateway to install sysupdater and use sysupdater with rxTools to install a modified pack.

Reactions: cvskid

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn