Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious I saw this on another forum

WiiYourself! released - Wiimote C++ library
hxxp://www.emuboards.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=28832

It says that it currently only supports windows, but it might be of help not sure.

I also saw this on that same forum. It's the suppose Wii version of SNES. I'm currently in India away from my wii so I can't test this. Hopefully someone else can test it and see if it works. It says that roms will work with DVDs, hopefully someone can test it with DVD-RWs and tell us all if it works.

I can't seem to find a place to upload the file, but you can get it here.

Snes9xGx.wii_0.01b_DOL.rar
Snes9xGx.wii_0.01b_DOL.rar

This is the source code for Snes9xGx.wii 0.01b Changes from Snes9xGx 1.43
- Added Wii DVD detection capability (allows you to browse the DVD to fetch ROMS)
- Changed "goto menu" function to button combo "L+R+X+Y" (to support SNES/GC adapters and/or homebrew controllers)

wiifriik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
not yet
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well, it's a progress, but still, it's useless until someone makes some useful libraries for gfx, sound, wifi, bt, wiimote and so on!

What we actually need is something like an SDK! Else the wii homebrew scene will suck as much as the gamecube homebrew scene!

The other way they could go is just exploring everything like the PSP! the PSP Homebrew scene is great and it's made out of... Nothing! So... We'll see how motivated the developers are! If no one is really interested there won't happen anything!

Let's hope for a psp like homebrew scene, or even better, an Xbox (not 360) homebrew scene!

cya, friik

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I agree the examples you give have good homebrew the xbox stuff mainly stems from the official SDK which makes distribution a pain, no problem for some but it does have a nasty habit of limiting the audience. Also although it is not quite as dependent as the xbox the PSP owes more than a passing thankyou to an official SDK http://www.console-exploits.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2201

Also the gamecube toolchains as already mentioned are fairly applicable here which I would argue is almost as good as an SDK.

wiifriik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
not yet
XP
Country
Gambia, The
but still,
theres no homebrew for gamecube which is as cool as some PSP or Xbox Homebrews! And I don't know why, my ideas are:

1. maybe the people are not interested in GameCube, but there's a good toolchain with good libraries for gfx sound etc, that's why there's no good stuff, cause the xbox is just better

2. maybe there's just a good toolchain with good libraries missing, that's why devs don't make such cool apps!

So, to the psp thing, if there was an SDK leaked, why don't they use it? I don't think they're using an official SDK cause you can download psp homebrew everywhere, but not xbox stuff, which is actually build with an official SDK, which is the reason why downloading them built is illegal, but getting the source not!

Fact is, that if there are enough interested people who can make good libraries for the wii (if they doesn't already exist, i really don't know), they can create a great base for a homebrew scene, and i think the people who could do that would be the Twiizers! They made the internal SD Slot usable for homebrew and I think they will build USB HDD/USB Stick support too! They should make an API maybe, it would make everything easier and more attractive!

Another Good Step they should do atm would be a homebrew channel (there's a thread for a homebrew channel i know), where you can launch apps from the SD Slot!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Xbox: x86 (windows) PC by any other name: 40000000 apps, programming guides/courses, programmers and counting. Also from the gclinux FAQ http://www.gc-linux.org/wiki/FAQ
" What took you so long?
The Xbox (http://www.xbox-linux.org/) had to come first. "

GC closest relative was the mac (and even then it was the creepy second cousin at best) which err yeah.

1) No argument that the GC is slightly under-represented on the homebrew front but there is still an
OS (GCOS/linux)
media player (mplayer port, not as nice as xbmc and I not argue otherwise but mplayer works and works well)
emulators (again not quite as featured as the xbox but the main ones are there (16 bit and older as well as some prototype newer consoles like the 64) and doing well, certainly well beyond playable)
general apps: FTP, general dumping and console management a plenty. Sure no really nice irc, samba and [insert standard of choice] implementations but do not be so quick to discount stuff.

ports: you have me here, some rudimentary quake/doom.... stuff but nothing like the PSP and DS here.

PSP: for one the PSP is far simpler than the wii which makes reverse engineering that much easier. As for why there is a very nice freeware toolchain/SDK as well (the xbox does have one but not much has been made with it because the official was so much better for the longest time and porting is a pain).

I reckon 6 months from now we will be close to the stage the DS was at around the time DLDI was first introduced (fortunately there are few, if any ways to mess the wii up standards wise), hopefully I can do something to bring forth that day.

wiifriik

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
not yet
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, but since there's no "xbox" now, do you think the wii scene could develop, now when there's no other console with such "abilities" If i see it right the wii is the 1st of the 3 nextgens which has homebrew!

I know you can use XNA for the xbox 360 and there's Linux for the PS3, but I think first, they don't allow stuff like emulators on that xbox live arcade marketplace whatever (i dont know how it's called)...

And to the PS3, they cut down the GPU in Linux!

These are not real homebrew ablities for me, so what do you think, might the wii develop like the xbox in the last generation? I think yes it will, because the wii has great abilities, I mean with USB, SD Card, Bluetooth, WiFi!

Something else, the apps which came out for twilight hack are also just gamecube apps running in wii mode, I don't know why but there are no apps that make use of Wii Hardware! Do you know why?

My guess is the people don't know how to use wiimote/sd/wifi, but if no one adds support for that it will be the same in 3 years!

OK, it's really a little bit early to talk about that stuff, cause it just "started" and I believe we'll see something useful in a few months!

Another question: what is DLDI, I couldn't really find out, is it an API or what? I read something of drivers!

superrob

H4X H4X H4X!
Trophies
Website
zabbo.dk
XP
Country
DLDI is a dymamik linking interface for nintendo ds homebrew.

It makes all homebrew easier becurse you just patch the rom with a dldi driver for your card.
Then it can read and write to the card whitout the devoleper needs to make a version for each flashcard.

But its not for Wii.

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just curios but did anybody try running GCOS using this ? (someone without a modchip) Maybe we could softboot Gamecube backups using this.
ohmy.gif

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
Dominik93 said:
Just curios but did anybody try running GCOS using this ? (someone without a modchip) Maybe we could softboot Gamecube backups using this.
ohmy.gif

I tried but all i got is a black screen with the GCOS logo. Used all the .dol of GCOS i found (converted in .elf with doltool).
frown.gif

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so i tried to run tetris but it didn't load. it got to the line "found boot.elf" then it started reading blocks forever - the same line kept running down the screen.
frown.gif

Neko

Been a while.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DaRk_ViVi said:
Dominik93 said:
ohmy.gif

I tried but all i got is a black screen with the GCOS logo. Used all the .dol of GCOS i found (converted in .elf with doltool).
frown.gif

Too bad.
frown.gif

I wonder why it's not working. hm.

Btw , did anyone already tried out the Datel Freeloader.dol ?
Would be kickass if this worked.

JinVa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is possible to launch the Freeloader Wii (size: about 2mo) with the Twilight Hack ?

I'm sorry if the question had already been asked.

Edit: I had convert the main.dol (from Freeloader Wii) to boot.elf with DolTool3, then I had extract all the files from Freeloader Wii to my SD and put the boot.elf.
But it doesn't work
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work