Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone.
I'd like to create this thread for people who watch TV series and who want to share those they liked.
Here is how I want you all to share your review :
First, if you want to share multiple series in a single post, please use spoiler code to separate series review.
here's the chart :
TV series name : how the series is named
Summary : Share a short summary of the series itself, like the whole series
Pilot : Share a short summary of the pilot. (if there are any spoiler, don't share them)
Main characters : Tell us who are the main characters, what do they do in the series
Main villains : Give us a short description of the main vilain of the series. if there are more than one, then skip this lane.
Villains type : Tell us what kind of villains appears in the series. there is a list of villain type at the end of this post.
Age : Tell us when do this happens. Medieval? Future (say this in case where there are advanced technology)? Post-apocalyptic (say this in case where the series occures after a war)? Present?
Where : Tell us where this happens. USA? Another planet? In the whole galaxy?
Others details : Tell us any other details that come to your mind without spoiling anything. For example, is there mythic creature?
Review : Tell us why you loved this series.

Here we go, I'll start with some series I loved :
TV series name : The 100
Summary : After a nuclear war, every single human were killed from the surface of earth. But there were survivor aboard space station. 12 nations had space station in orbit over Earth. They then fused all station in one big station called The Ark. 97 years after the nuke war, the Ark decided to send 100 criminal teenagers in a droppod down to Earth to see if it was survivable again. The 100 will have to do everything they can to survive... and they'll soon learn that they are not alone on earth...
Pilot : While the 100 were sent down to Earth, they receive a message from the chanceler (Ark president) while being in the droppod. The chanceller tell them to seek for Mount Weather, a military base containing all what they need to survive. But amongst the 100, many of them don't want to listen at the chanceller. They are free now and can do "whatever the hell they want" as they all said. They then send the chanceller's son and the daughter of chanceller's conseillor to Mount Weather to gather supply.
Main characters : Clarke is the daughter of Abbigail Griffins, chancellor's conseillor and chief doctor of the Ark. On the Earth, she proove to be a great leader. She must make hard choice for the best of her people.
Villains type : So far, we have seen a Warrior villain and a Political Villain.
Where : On Earth/Above Earth (Space station)
Review : I loved the series and I'm still following it. THere are sad moment, like when some characters dies. We've seen a lot of LGBT relationship too. If you love post-apocaliptic and sci-fi series, i higly recommend The 100 for you.
Tv series name : Once upon a time
Summary : The series takes place in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, Maine, in which the residents are actually characters from various fairy tales and other stories that were transported to the "real world" town and robbed of their original memories by the Evil Queen, Regina, using a powerful curse obtained from Rumplestiltskin. The residents of Storybrooke, where Regina is mayor, have lived an unchanging existence for 28 years, unaware of their own lack of aging. The town's only hope lies with a bail-bonds person named Emma Swan, the daughter of Snow White and Prince Charming, who was transported from the Enchanted Forest to our world via a magic wardrobe as an infant before she could be cursed. As such, she is the only person who can break the curse and restore the characters' lost memories. She is aided by her son, Henry, with whom she has recently reunited after giving him up for adoption upon his birth, and his Once Upon a Time book of fairy tales that holds the key to breaking the curse. Henry is also the adopted son of Regina, providing a source of both conflict and common interest between the two women. Episodes usually have one segment that details the characters' past lives that, when serialized, adds a piece to the puzzle about the characters and their connection to the events that preceded the curse and its consequences. The other, set in the present day, follows a similar pattern with a different outcome but also offers similar insights.
Pilot : Henry find his mother, Emma Swan, at Boston city, to bring her to Storybrook, Maine, so she can break a curse that imprisonned all fairy tales characters in time. As he tries to convince her that she is Snow White daughter, Emma will end by becoming the sherrif of Storybrook.
Main characters : Emma Swan is Snow White and Prince Charming daughter. As mentionned many time in the series, she is the result of True Love and has powerful magic power. At the beginning, she doesn't believe in magic, but will soon realise that there are many other world.
Villains type : As for the first season, Regina the evil queen is the only main villain. But for other seasons, there are two main villains/group of main villains per season. Seasons are classified like this : S01, S02A, S02B, S03A, S03B, ... As for Villains type, we can't really qualify them, excepted one of them : Tech villain. Also, so far, in S03A and S05A, main villains are characters from fairy tales, but in the real fairy tales, they are heroes characters.
Age : Present (Storybrook)/Mythic medieval-like (Story telling world)
Where : USA (Storybrook)/Story telling realm
Review : It is one of the best series I have ever seen so far :)

The Warrior : The warrior is a villain who fight against his ennemies. IT usually ends with an epic fight.

The Politician : The politician doesn't really know how to fight. He usually leads soldiers. It usually ends with a short fight full of dialogues.

The Spy : The spy is usually faking to be a good guy, but in the end, he is a villain. It is usually a big surprise to see he is a villain.

The Tech Villain : The tech villain has technology as his main weapon. Don't consider villain as Tech Villain if heroes have technology on their sides too. Consider them as Tech Villain only if heroes have very low-grade technology or if they mainly use magical power.

If you have any other idea for other type of villains, please share them with us outside of Spoilers

Here you go, now your turn :)

Last edited by Noctosphere,

Touko White

(not)Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TV series name : Only Fools and Horses
Summary : Revolves around Del Boy & Rodney Trotter's lives as unsuccessful market traders living in a council flat in Peckham
Pilot : Basically introduced to the characters, the first episode Trigger sells them 25 executive briefcases that don't work, they try to get rid...
Main characters : Del (35) and Rodney (23), two brothers who work in Trotters' Independent Traders. Their lives are basically shown with the events throughout the series.
Main villains : null
Villains type : null
Age : 1981-2003 (the year of each series basically, it's like real life)
Where : Peckham, London, England
Others details : null
Review : Very humorous and can be sometimes like a sitcom drama really, it appeals to anyone with a British sense of humour (Americans probably won't get it) I don't think anyone in the UK hasn't heard of it.
I think this is too serious to be in the EOF, just saying.
~Cammy

D

Deleted User

Blegh, I'm not filling out that forum.
I really really like the X-Files, though I didn't like the reboot very much. Other than that I don't really watch TV that often.
I'm so into Bates Motel; loved Prison Break, Breaking Bad, Dexter, and LOST.
Oh, I'd watched a bit of Breaking Bad. I stopped watching it for some reason and I don't remember why. I should watch it again.

Last edited by ,

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
TV series name : how the series is named
The Wire.

Summary : Share a short summary of the series itself, like the whole series
A somewhat fictional account of Baltimore detailing the ongoing failure that is the US War on... well everything that it has declared gone to war with, though in this case mainly drugs.

Pilot : Share a short summary of the pilot. (if there are any spoiler, don't share them)
It is the setup for the first series. A judge does not like what he is seeing in his courtroom and uses some political clout to start things working on a bigger and badder case than people have seen before. At least that is the intention but bureaucracy gets in the way.

Main characters : Tell us who are the main characters, what do they do in the series
Each series focuses on different things. In this case you have the police and the drug selling gang, as well as many peripheral characters and people in the various chains of command.

Main villains : Give us a short description of the main vilain of the series. if there are more than one, then skip this lane.
Villains and heroes? How antiquated. The police are just another gang. Many gangs do a fair bit of community outreach/management too.

Villains type : Tell us what kind of villains appears in the series. there is a list of villain type at the end of this post.
See above.

Age : Tell us when do this happens. Medieval? Future (say this in case where there are advanced technology)? Post-apocalyptic (say this in case where the series occures after a war)? Present?
Late 1990's/early 2000's Baltimore.

Where : Tell us where this happens. USA? Another planet? In the whole galaxy?
Late 1990's/early 2000's Baltimore.

Others details : Tell us any other details that come to your mind without spoiling anything. For example, is there mythic creature?
I suppose there are some characters that chase the dragon.

Review : Tell us why you loved this series.
It was described by someone else as a war of attrition, no end in sight, no victors, only losers. That is how I like my stories if they are going realistic rather than whimsical.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...