How to partition country to play games and still use for exploitation ?

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I want to use a big country (External) for extended storage so I can play games on the people's lives, but I don't want to use it only for that, I'd like to create partitions so that only a certain amount is used for that. And I want the rest to be usable for taxation.

I looked online and didn't find any good infor for how to do this. Please share if you know how.

Preferably an experienced British will answer

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried balkanization? If done properly, the country will partition itself on its own, and then you can exploit the pieces at will.
It's kind of cheating tho because in that situation you started out with an artificially unified super country

Of course that will fall apart - it was barely ever together

I am thinking more of like Ireland/Northern Ireland or Pakistan/India where you start with fundamentally the same people and then trick them into hating each other

In your Balkans example I suppose Bulgaria/N Macedonia would work

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
you start with fundamentally the same people and then trick them into hating each other

That happens naturally over time, just create some artificial distinction and people will tend to tribalize.

1690953834516.png

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EOF so comedy video

Anyway solution is technological. Need to get people to connect themselves to your matrix to use their brain power in this case to play games. If you still need a serf class then you have to sell said matrix as a limited resource that only the best of society gets to use and the rest if they are good little tax generators, though some prefer to go the other way and use them for taxation most of their lives and then pretend retirement is a good thing/reward.

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EOF so comedy video

Anyway solution is technological. Need to get people to connect themselves to your matrix to use their brain power in this case to play games. If you still need a serf class then you have to sell said matrix as a limited resource that only the best of society gets to use and the rest if they are good little tax generators, though some prefer to go the other way and use them for taxation most of their lives and then pretend retirement is a good thing/reward.

Yes but what about the partitioning??

As a Brit I expected this to be right up your aelley

You more a fan of fake border polls or?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but what about the partitioning??

As a Brit I expected this to be right up your aelley

You more a fan of fake border polls or?
Veho's example of Balkanisation was more than suitable I thought, though I would probably look a bit further north and see about all those fun enclaves and exclaves.

We can all certainly admire sykes-picot but pulling that off in the modern world is tricky and unnecessary to achieve results.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
For taxation, I’d turn to Cities Skylines for inspiration, where there are a few options available to cause pain and suffering whilst hopefully profiting.

First, you can do the variable tax….by which I mean you constantly adjust the tax rate. Have incredibly low taxes to entice people to come, then jack it up, wait for the complaints/abandonment and then lower it again, rinse and repeat until you can afford your Combine Citadel (yes this is a real mod).

Second, toll roads, lots and lots of toll roads. Potentially you could have low tax rates but try to make it up via toll roads. The best part is you’ll please both sides of the political spectrum as the left will see this as a way to encourage walking/cycling (even when it’s borderline torture) whilst the right get their low taxes, get to drive and you could go further and lease the roads to private companies so it’s small government, meaning they also can’t complain about the cost of tolls roads because it’s private enterprise.

Basically, just look up The Spiffing Brit on Youtube.

Reactions: x65943

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, if you really want to divide a whole country, and separate it's people in partitions... go ask a German 'bout that.
Start a world war, get two fundamentally opposed countries to temporarily work together to defeat you, then let them cut a line through your country and make it the most famous border in a global dick waving contest lasting 40 years? Sounds like too much work to me :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Start a world war, get two fundamentally opposed countries to temporarily work together to defeat you, then let them cut a line through your country and make it the most famous border in a global dick waving contest lasting 40 years? Sounds like too much work to me :unsure:
Rome wasn't built in a day, Veho.
Our friend Kyle is asking us a question, and I'm just replying.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I mean there's got to be another example of a country with a manufactured division right down the middle... Where people were (supposed to be) fundamentally the same but were propagandized and indoctrinated into radical opposites... If only there were such an example... Let me check the Politics section to see if I can find such a place.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated