Hacking Homebrew How does the "Custom Partitions" option in YAMT work?

SolidSonicTH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So long story short I nearly bricked my Vita by trying to interpret this option on my own. I was forced to perform a factory reset to get the system back into a usable state and it will need to be modded again.

Once we're back to normal I want to know: how is this option really meant to be used? Can it be used to peruse every data source on the Vita all at once in a program like VitaShell by assigning mount points to the different entities or is that not its intent? Is the only way to manage storage on multiple data stores to just mount them to ux0: and uma0: and flip between them as needed?

I am definitely done trying to make sense of that option by myself so I need some guidance or documentation to really understand how it's meant to be configured (the kind-of way I thought it was working is all the various options under each mount point tell the system where to look, what to look for, how to interpret it, and what action to take once it sees that data source but it's clear I don't have enough context for how all the various settings work under that). Lacking that I won't be trying again, needless to say.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you're at least meant to make the main partitions needed. But you can then partition off custom drives that you could use for say. Adrenaline. Or an extra partition for retroarch stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto