Help with boot_config.txt in vs0 and YAMT

AndyHazz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've been chipping away at getting YAMT to work on my 3G vita, which I've not touched in a looong time.

It seems like when I originally set up enso, I ended up with boot_config.txt in my vs0 partition instead of ur0. I guess that's just how it was back then ...

I can install YAMT by copying boot_config.txt to my ur0 partition, but it looks like the boot_config.txt in ur0, although modified by the YAMT installer, is ignored because sd2vita is not able to be mounted no matter what I do. YAMT device settings appear in the system menu just fine (I guess because that's all handled by the ur0:tai/config.txt loading in yamt_helper.skprx) and I was able to format my sdcard using the storageFormat.vpk so that tells me the sd2vita is available, just not active through YAMT.

So, the question is, how do I get my vita to use the boot_config.txt on ur0 instead of vs0? OR, let me edit the boot_config.txt in vs0?

I saw somewhere mention running the enso.vpk installer again would give an option to fix that, but that just gives me an error saying my henkaku version is too old and I need to install r10 from henkaku.xyz/go/ - that exact URL gives me an 'error: Can't find variable: found' message. If I just go to henkaku.xyz then hit install, it says my firmware 3.65 is not currently supported.

Any help getting me back on track would be much appreciated!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is from the original installer. I had the boot_config on vs0 as well. You can correct this problem by installing the new installer for enso. Iirc, you can install it over the old one.

AndyHazz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! Thanks for confirming. I wasn't able to run the new enso installer earlier because it said henkaku was out of date, but instead of using henkaku.xyz, I used henlo_jb at jailbreak.psp2.dev and that did the trick. I was then able to run enso installer, and YAMT is now fully functional.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! Thanks for confirming. I wasn't able to run the new enso installer earlier because it said henkaku was out of date, but instead of using henkaku.xyz, I used henlo_jb at jailbreak.psp2.dev and that did the trick. I was then able to run enso installer, and YAMT is now fully functional.
I think the original installer was for upgrading to 3.65 from 3.60 before we could install enso on 3.65 directly. there's not a lot of info about it or what to do if you've installed it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: