How to partition external HDD to play games and still use for data ?

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi.
I want to use a big hard drive (External) for extended storage so I can play games on the ps4, but I don't want to use it only for that, I'd like to create partitions so that only a certain amount is used for that. And I want the rest to be usable for my pc's storage.

I looked online and didn't find any good infor for how to do this. Please share if you know how.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya

Post automatically merged:

The above Modded Warfare tutorial will show you how to use an exFat formatted external drive as Ps4 extended storage while still leaving the ext hdd usable on a PC.

But the Ps4 must be jailbroken.

Last edited by HellGhast,
Reactions: Windsall

Windsall

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Post automatically merged:

The above Modded Warfare tutorial will show you how to use an exFat formatted external drive as Ps4 extended storage while still leaving the ext hdd usable on a PC.

But the Ps4 must be jailbroken.

Ok thanks I didn't know about this method.
So whenever I'd want to move to the external drive I'd have to change the config file?
I also wonder if it works with disc game installs?

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
...So whenever I'd want to move to the external drive I'd have to change the config file?...
Am assuming you mean whenever you want to migrate a particular install from Ps4 internal storage to external storage...then Yes,
I guess the config file is the instructions set to the app2usb as to which install you want to migrate, otherwise it may try to move All files.

I also wonder if it works with disc game installs?
Yes, both installs from blu-ray disk and F-Pkgs work.

Reactions: Windsall

Uzuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can also use the itemzflow homebrew app to move games to the external HDD the same way without editing the config file. I haven't tried it yet myself though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1