Hacking [Tutorial] Sm4sh Changing CSS, Custom Sounds Per Costume, and More! Mega Thread!

Sonicbrawler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. I know how to add costume-specific sounds no problem. However, what about the case of the male/female Robin, Corrin, and Wii Fit Trainer? I checked their files, and they have two: one for male, one for female. Does anyone know if there's a way to save a little space and have the sound file say which slots use that soundbank? And what about not having characters go mute?
im working on how to get it so you dont need a lot of the same sfx

as for not having them go mute, soneek and i are trying to figure it out. it has to do with a certain ID in a certain file.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. I know how to add costume-specific sounds no problem. However, what about the case of the male/female Robin, Corrin, and Wii Fit Trainer? I checked their files, and they have two: one for male, one for female. Does anyone know if there's a way to save a little space and have the sound file say which slots use that soundbank? And what about not having characters go mute?
I believe I may have figured out how to not require multiple sfx banks as well as how to make slot specific voice banks not mute, but I need to test it and I don't know if it will work if you use a costume past c15

Speck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
problems with DLC character CSPs, they're all invisible

i have extracted the chr folder in data/ui/replace/append and merged it with data/ui/replace as per what the OP said should work
the game now just loads forever when trying to go into the character select screen
what has gone wrong

LucaSmash

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to move the DLC characters around? I moved them but they only shift within their group of 7, and not around the roster.

pokemoner2500

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So can I not add the female voice to specific slots of Corrin? I added snd_vc_Kamui_c08.nus3bank and snd_vc_Kamui_c08_ouen.nus3bank into the sound folder (using slot 9) and it's still the Male voice. (The files are copies of the c01 nus3banks). If I put a Male costume in slot 9 would slot 10 have a female voice? Or am I doing something else wrong?

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personnaly i use the append\chr\chr13 folder
With the default characters it works perfectly it's strange
oh is it just missing CSPs? Try putting it in just the chr/chr13 folder, if that won't work, some regions need them to be put in data(language)/ui/replace/chr or append.

Pikachuk

Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh is it just missing CSPs? Try putting it in just the chr/chr13 folder, if that won't work, some regions need them to be put in data(language)/ui/replace/chr or append.
thanks, i try the data(eu_fr) ui folder

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thanks it works

KillzXGaming

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright updated the tutorial for additional slots as it is pretty easy although it does seem to crash using Giga Bowser, or Warioman, any solutions would be great!

Asancu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey there.

I'm trying to make the Sonic stage music sound like Suzaku Castle.
What I'm trying to do exactly is to change the music exactly when there is one minute left or your opponent is only one stock left.

Is there any way to make this work?

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want a CSS that puts all the characters with their proper franchises (Dr. Mario with Mario, Mewtwo with Pokemon, Roy and Lucina with Fire Emblem, etc.) and for franchises to not be split up over the end of one line and the start of the next. Seriously I don't know how or why Nintendo didn't make this change when DLC came in (as well as for the clones), seems like it would have been so easy and it really adds to a more professional look if you ask me.

Has anyone already done such a thing? If so, could you give me a link to get it for myself? Thanks!

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto