Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

SoujiOkita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks for the tutorial. ^^

I have a problem. I followed the tutorial and it worked and plays the japanese voices, but sometimes, very often, the music suddenly stops, and I don't know what causes it (it doesn't happen in the original game at all) T.T

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
First of all, thanks for the tutorial. ^^

I have a problem. I followed the tutorial and it worked and plays the japanese voices, but sometimes, very often, the music suddenly stops, and I don't know what causes it (it doesn't happen in the original game at all) T.T

When does this tend to happen? I haven't played the original, and I haven't heard the music suddenly stop when a continuous song is playing, but music is very scarce when exploring anyway, so it could be that something is wrong without me knowing.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I encountered error 150-3033 today while trying to play one of the memories. It's the one where the Yiga clan are after Zelda. I'm looking into what might be the cause. I assume I have a bad or missing file somewhere.

SoujiOkita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
When does this tend to happen? I haven't played the original, and I haven't heard the music suddenly stop when a continuous song is playing, but music is very scarce when exploring anyway, so it could be that something is wrong without me knowing.

Um, I have been playing this morning and I noticed it happens often when I'm talking with any important npc and meanwhile I look the map. It stops even the ambiental sounds meanwhile a few sounds continue working, for 1-2 seconds.

Last edited by SoujiOkita,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I encountered error 150-3033 today while trying to play one of the memories. It's the one where the Yiga clan are after Zelda. I'm looking into what might be the cause. I assume I have a bad or missing file somewhere.
I rechecked everything and it all seems to be there. Weird. Guess I'll just avoid watching that cutscene.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey FlappyFalco, can you or anyone else in this thread verify the music cutting off problem? or that 150-3033 error with the yiga clan memory? i would test these 2 things out if i knew where to look

SoujiOkita

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you overwrite the .bars files? That causes problems.

Thanks. I just did it without overwrite the .bars and now the little voice sounds when you talk to them works, but sadly the music issue stays the same u.u . It happens a lot when I'm inside a city, like the Zora one for example, and I talk to anyone even if it is not important. (just as a note: I noticed playing the original that made something similar but just once [well, twice but in the same row] in the starting of a cutscene)

Mrmariobros222

Trophies
XP
Country
is it possible to update the game to 1.1.1? i have the game installed with Wup installer GX2 for a few days (don't know if i got the name right) I'm Using utik downloader and i a'm really not sure if is at the latest version instead of 1.1.0 so that i can download it.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
hey FlappyFalco, can you or anyone else in this thread verify the music cutting off problem? or that 150-3033 error with the yiga clan memory? i would test these 2 things out if i knew where to look

I have German voices, with English .bars and that .pack file replaced as I mentioned above. I was able to play the cutscene at Kara Kara Bazaar (#7 Blades of the Yuga) without any error. I also tried talking to several NPCs in Zora's Domain, including Prince Sidon (one of the dubbed characters) and the music continued to play. It just quitens slightly like it's supposed to. I'm really perplexed now.:unsure:

In regards to the error, are you sure you weren't using Joffnerd's Trainer or had TCPGecko installed while you were playing? Because I have no idea what else could have caused it.

Last edited by FlappyFalco,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The 150-3033 is likely to be something messed up on my end. I should probably do a re-install and then copy the files over again, but I can't be bothered if it's just that one cutscene.

Reactions: FlappyFalco

thrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just copy the voice files from EUfr into USen, but leave the English .bars or you'll get problems.

I've tried reading this thread closely, but I'm still not 100% sure on what the "perfect" undub is. By perfect I mean "as close to perfect as is possible" or literally "perfect".

Around the time this thread was started, I followed the instructions to make a dub that's been working okay.

The version I want to make "perfect" is USen with Jap voices.

Is there a clear way to make everything undubbed? I know that I need to make sure that I don't replace the bar files. But I'm unclear if the Guardian voices for this particular version have been fixed. I would rather have them muted than hear English. I don't know what is possible so far. I definitely don't want to have my game crashing if possible :)

I would appreciate any assistance! Should I be doing something besides leaving the bar files intact? I'm about to build the undub again so I just want to be sure I'm doing this right.

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've tried reading this thread closely, but I'm still not 100% sure on what the "perfect" undub is. By perfect I mean "as close to perfect as is possible" or literally "perfect".

Around the time this thread was started, I followed the instructions to make a dub that's been working okay.

The version I want to make "perfect" is USen with Jap voices.

Is there a clear way to make everything undubbed? I know that I need to make sure that I don't replace the bar files. But I'm unclear if the Guardian voices for this particular version have been fixed. I would rather have them muted than hear English. I don't know what is possible so far. I definitely don't want to have my game crashing if possible :)

I would appreciate any assistance! Should I be doing something besides leaving the bar files intact? I'm about to build the undub again so I just want to be sure I'm doing this right.

Download @mariosonicds ' version of Uwizard here. Open Uwizard and go to Archive Manager. Hit "extract SARC" Navigate to Content>Pack and open a file called "TitleBG_EUen.pack" with Uwizard. This will extract it. Then extract another file in the same folder called "TitleBG_EUde.pack" (or any of the other "TitleBG_EUxx.packs, other than the nl one). Now go into the extracted folders that were created and copy the contents of TitleBG_EUde.pack into TitleBG_EUen.pack, and overwrite what's there. Next, go back into Uwizard and hit "pack SARC", and navigate to the edited TitleBG_EUen.pack folder. You should be left with a SARC file. Move it to somewhere else on your computer, and rename it just "TitleBG_EUen.pack". Now you can just copy it over with FTPIIU. Make sure to drop it into BOTW's update folder (title>5000e>101c9X00) as well as the main game folder (title>50000>101c9X00) Overwrite the existing one when prompted.

The only reason this works is because the.pack file is basically broken for some reason I'm still trying to figure out.

Reactions: thrik

thrik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download @mariosonicds ' version of Uwizard here. Open Uwizard and go to Archive Manager. Hit "extract SARC" Navigate to Content>Pack and open a file called "TitleBG_EUen.pack" with Uwizard. This will extract it. Then extract another file in the same folder called "TitleBG_EUde.pack" (or any of the other "TitleBG_EUxx.packs, other than the nl one). Now go into the extracted folders that were created and copy the contents of TitleBG_EUde.pack into TitleBG_EUen.pack, and overwrite what's there. Next, go back into Uwizard and hit "pack SARC", and navigate to the edited TitleBG_EUen.pack folder. You should be left with a SARC file. Move it to somewhere else on your computer, and rename it just "TitleBG_EUen.pack". Now you can just copy it over with FTPIIU. Make sure to drop it into BOTW's update folder (title>5000e>101c9X00) as well as the main game folder (title>50000>101c9X00) Overwrite the existing one when prompted.

The only reason this works is because the.pack file is basically broken for some reason I'm still trying to figure out.

Hi Falco, just got around to being able to try this out. Are you sure I should use EUen even though I was going to do USen?

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I tried this but it only crashes my game at the main menu. Im trying to put the JP files on the TitleBG_USen.pack. Have you figured out how to fix this?

Last edited by BeRnYGP,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy