Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
God I really love Zelda Fuax english voice, wonderfully sophisticated.
I also think the crying is the best in englisg, tore me apart.....

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Couple of questions:

1: If I download the game via jnustool, does that mean I can't use the method from speckz's nice video to patch the files? Is the method in OP's post identical in result?

2: I have a 32 GB Wii U, do I still have to install the game on an USB drive or can I install it directly on the Wii U internal memory?

You can edit the game before you install with my method or you can edit it if you've already installed it with @speckxz 's method. Both give identical results.

It doesn't matter whether you install on NAND or USB, you just have to press A instead of X in WUPinstaller for NAND.

Excuse me for asking but what is this referring to?
I am checking this thread out to see if people found more on the undubbing process to make it more complete and I am interested in that. But like usually in GBAtemp I am inclined to ask first before just reading whole 15 pages on info that might or might not be there.

You can replace the .pack file with a one repackaged with files from a different region with FTPIIU to mute the voices from when you use a champion item altogether. However, as this file is patched over in the update, you'll to replace it in both the main game folder and in the update folder.

However, my end goal is to have the voices from the other language play for the champion items. Then the game would be 100% undubbed. I think there's a problem with the way Uwizard packs the .packs. It keeps putting zeroes in the at the beginning and middle of the file, and if I took them out manually with a Hex editor, the header would be messes up.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
You can edit the game before you install with my method or you can edit it if you've already installed it with @speckxz 's method. Both give identical results.

It doesn't matter whether you install on NAND or USB, you just have to press A instead of X in WUPinstaller for NAND.

You can replace the .pack file with a one repackaged with files from a different region with FTPIIU to mute the voices from when you use a champion item altogether. However, as this file is patched over in the update, you'll to replace it in both the main game folder and in the update folder.

However, my end goal is to have the voices from the other language play for the champion items. Then the game would be 100% undubbed. I think there's a problem with the way Uwizard packs the .packs. It keeps putting zeroes in the at the beginning and middle of the file, and if I took them out manually with a Hex editor, the header would be messes up.
So, as I understand - as I GUESSED more or less, in Japanese version there is no voice lines when a special item is recharged? Or it's just in different place and people wipe it to mute?

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
So, as I understand - as I GUESSED more or less, in Japanese version there is no voice lines when a special item is recharged? Or it's just in different place and people wipe it to mute?

There are voices for the special items in every language, it's just that my method of replacing the English ones is broken and the voices just don't play at all.

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are voices for the special items in every language, it's just that my method of replacing the English ones is broken and the voices just don't play at all.
Are you sure about this? The jap file is even labeled as "novoiceactor.file" or something, I don't have it in front of me. Sure makes it sound like the jap version doesn't have voices for those. I think the pal version and other regions do have voices for those though.

Edit: surely there must be some jap gameplay of someone using one of the champion items that can answer this question.

Last edited by seam,

Takfloyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So how does installing game updates for a pirated game work exactly... can I just connect to the internet with my Wii U and download and install any patches normally without wrecking anything, or do I have to pirate the patches as well and install them via wupinstaller?

I'm just using Haxchi and Homebrew Launcher Channel if that helps, not MochaCFW/redNAND.

Last edited by Takfloyd,

botwpoking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I believe that's the padding, are your repacks not working? I got Bootup.pack to work. Try @mariosonicds' fork of Uwizard or the script mentioned over at my thread.
Probably a stupid question but can you remove the language files you don't want and repack as a WUD for USB installation on CFW with a fake ticket?

Could this save space on USB?
Probably, but it wouldn't save that much space. Each language is around 100mb.

Reactions: KiiWii

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok just fyi,

right at 15 seconds.

soo.... I guess there really are jap voices for the champion items

I actually prefer to have them muted though, so im content with the current undub status

Last edited by seam,
Reactions: FlappyFalco

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow so.. i go and play my game again, and now its like "update installing" :wtf: so i restored the original english file and now i can play again.. man, i give up for now, lol

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the update that was just released breaks the undub? I'm using the SDCafiine method for the physical copy.
oh so there IS a new update?!?! i thought it was because i just changed that file ha. well i dont think it brokethe undub, it was a super small update, and the game still runs fine.

edit: im gonna test right now and re-replace that file for the champion items voices.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know if the update that was just released breaks the undub? I'm using the SDCafiine method for the physical copy.
ok i just double checked it, yes, the undub is 100% intact after the update :)

Last edited by seam,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh has there been a fix to undub the champion item voices? I haven't been keeping up with the thread lol. Mind pointing me towards the fix? Please excuse my laziness D:
Yea, kinda. this is how it works

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...reath-of-the-wild.463642/page-15#post-7205637

so extracting that file and replacing its 2 files with the jap ones, then recreating the file, then copying it over in the update folder and the main game folder will MUTE the champion files, not actually make them jap. they havent figured that out yet. you can read just the last 2 pages to be caught up. anyway, that file seems like it will keep getting overwritten with every update though. so i had to replace it yet again in both spots, but now the champion voices are muted again. the main undub should stay unaffected always cuz thats tons of data thats from the main install of the game, and there is no reason for them to add all that into any future updates.

1UPForever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial...reath-of-the-wild.463642/page-15#post-7205637

so extracting that file and replacing its 2 files with the jap ones, then recreating the file, then copying it over in the update folder and the main game folder will MUTE the champion files, not actually make them jap. they havent figured that out yet. you can read just the last 2 pages to be caught up. anyway, that file seems like it will keep getting overwritten with every update though. so i had to replace it yet again in both spots, but now the champion voices are muted again. the main undub should stay unaffected always cuz thats tons of data thats from the main install of the game, and there is no reason for them to add all that into any future updates.

So I guess the next question is: How do we "recreate" the file? Wii U Zip and UWizard don't make it entirely clear...

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I guess the next question is: How do we "recreate" the file? Wii U Zip and UWizard don't make it entirely clear...
well i now have a backup of that file already "pre-injected" that i will just copy over after each future update. its pretty easy to do with wiiuzip if u follow those instructions.

i would just upload it here, but of course i cant due to the forum nazis, so just reread that post and ill help u to understand how to do it if i can, its pretty simple

Last edited by seam,

pakistexican88x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hmm. Might be different for me, since I'm using the SDCafiine method to undub. Tried to do what I thought might be the equivalent, but the first time, the game froze at the title screen, and the 2nd time the original voices still played. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Has anyone been able to get the voices muted with the SDCafiine method?

1UPForever

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i now have a backup of that file already "pre-injected" that i will just copy over after each future update. its pretty easy to do with wiiuzip if u follow those instructions.

i would just upload it here, but of course i cant due to the forum nazis, so just reread that post and ill help u to understand how to do it if i can, its pretty simple

I may be misinterpreting something, or there may be an issue with the way my computer is running the program in Wii U Zip, because when I chose Replace for the files, it doesn't have any readily apparent effect. I assume the changes take place once I SAVE it, but the issue there is that it saves the file as a .sarc instead of a .pack file. I even tried renaming the Saved file as a .pack, but when I put that into the game, the English champion voices were still there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I should also probably mention that I've long since finished undubbing the game in every other regard (and it's been working GREAT :) ). Downloading the Japanese voice files, leaving the English .bar files, using FTP to replace the files on the copy downloaded to my USB HDD, etc. The main issue I"m having is creating a .pack file, specifically with the English files replaced with the Japanese files.

Last edited by 1UPForever,

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Might be different for me, since I'm using the SDCafiine method to undub. Tried to do what I thought might be the equivalent, but the first time, the game froze at the title screen, and the 2nd time the original voices still played. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

Has anyone been able to get the voices muted with the SDCafiine method?
ok, i have no idea about cafiine, sorry, i cant help there

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I may be misinterpreting something, or there may be an issue with the way my computer is running the program in Wii U Zip, because when I chose Replace for the files, it doesn't have any readily apparent effect. I assume the changes take place once I SAVE it, but the issue there is that it saves the file as a .sarc instead of a .pack file. I even tried renaming the Saved file as a .pack, but when I put that into the game, the English champion voices were still there. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

EDIT: I should also probably mention that I've long since finished undubbing the game in every other regard (and it's been working GREAT :) ). Downloading the Japanese voice files, leaving the English .bar files, using FTP to replace the files on the copy downloaded to my USB HDD, etc. The main issue I"m having is creating a .pack file, specifically with the English files replaced with the Japanese files.
hey man, i had the SAME EXACT problem at first. its kind of a shitty program. you have to open the jap file, then hit "extract all" and youll have a folder with the 2 files right? then i close the program. then open it again. then OPEN the eng copy of the .pack. then click on each of the 2 files and replace, then u can save it right? i had to manually type in the filename.pack, then it worked. it doesnt just see it as a .pack file. it took me like 3 times to realize that. the program is kinda shitty. try again, then compare the modified pack u made versus the jap one, it wont be the exact size due to the naming of the file, but it will be larger than the US one and close to the file size of the jap one. shit, ill look at them right now... the us one is 313kb and after its injected with jap files it should be .. 347 (355kb)

BeRnYGP

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, just the file you need to edit will be in the main data rather than the update data.
Get TitleBG_JPjp.pack and open it with WiiUzip. Export the stuff that's in there and then replace the contents of TitleBG_USen.pack with them. Then copy that over the .pack file on your console.

Sorry for the dumb question: Is it necessary to open, export and replace the files? I guess it doesnt work if you just rename the JP file and replace it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended