Hacking [Tutorial] How to "Undub" Zelda: Breath of the Wild

raphamotta

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, no. The filepatching didn't work with SDCafiine, but SDCafiine was working as it normally would (just without actually replacing the files).
Too bad because SDCafiine would be perfect for me since sometimes I want to play it undub and sometimes don't.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just setting up this FTP thing now. I just don't want to hear the english any more.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use the FTPiiU method, It works perfect, i used this Tutorial to access the game folder , i have the game instaled in a usb storage(/usb-storage/usr/title/00050000/101C9400(this is zelda game)/) and replace the content in the "content/voice" folder to the japanece voice.(i found the folder whit the voices in a video in youtube xD). thanks for the idea and i hope this is usefull for someone.
I just get "could not retrieve directory listing" for anything other than the SD.

Reactions: Amingo

Ginryu21

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
It was working actually, the new version just works a bit differently than the old one.

This is interesting. Does it run ok when you launch it again? Do you need to use signpatcher or mocha or anything like that?

i am testing the game with two saves, 1 in the beginning and the other in near to the end of the game. both run perfect. i have the game instaled in the usb with te brazilian method (Wupinstaller) and only used mocha to run FTPiiU and acces to the folders to replace the voices. But I realized that the sounds (or voices) of the powers of the four divine beasts didnt change at all, :S and i dont know why. all the videos are in japanese but these powers are in spanish (i'm from chile). I'm looking for these sounds right now.

[EDIT] I'm editing to avoid double post

I just get "could not retrieve directory listing" for anything other than the SD.

m... Maybe is because you need to run mocha before run FTPiiU ,to give "permission" to FTP to access these folders.

Last edited by Ginryu21,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i am testing the game with two saves, 1 in the beginning and the other in near to the end of the game. both run perfect. i have the game instaled in the usb with te brazilian method (Wupinstaller) and only used mocha to run FTPiiU and acces to the folders to replace the voices. But I realized that the sounds (or voices) of the powers of the four divine beasts didnt change at all, :S and i dont know why. all the videos are in japanese but these powers are in spanish (i'm from chile). I'm looking for these sounds right now.
There is a sound_resource folder that they might live in.

Ansatsu247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been using this for a week with French undub.

Everything works in the cutscenes, but for some reason there are still some English voices left over in the game I think. Whenever you waste one of those spells that you get from Divine Beast champion, I am still getting English voices.

e.g.: "Daruk's protection is ready to roll!"

Just wondering if people are running into the same issue, or if its just me fucking it up.

Yes, I've figured out what the problem is myself.

There are voice files in "\content\Pack\TitleBG_USen.pack" that load the Divine Beast power voices.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as just renaming the pack. Upon doing research, I have used several tools such as UWizard and this tool here to look at what is inside the Pack files. There are two files with folder structure:

"Voice/USen/NV_Custom_NoActor.bars"

"Voice/USen/StaticVoicePack.ssarc"

Since the folder structure is specifically looking at "USen", you cannot just rename the Spanish/Japanese/French PACK files.

I have attempted to use tools available to rezip these two files into a Pack file and then FTPing it to my game, but unfortunately, this makes the game lock up at the title screen. I am unsure if there is a solution right now.

I believe if you just rename the foreign language PACK file to "TitleBG_USen.pack", this will just mute the voices, which is sort of an alternative solution. This won't lock up the game I think.

Last edited by Ansatsu247,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently copying JP over English. Hope this goes OK.
lQTqWfB.png

There are voice files in "\content\Pack\TitleBG_USen.pack" that load the Divine Beast power voices.

Unfortunately, it is not as simple as just renaming the pack. Upon doing research, I have used several tools such as UWizard and this tool here to look at what is inside the Pack files. There are two files with folder structure:

Since the folder structure is specifically looking at "USen", you cannot just rename the Spanish/Japanese/French PACK files.

I have attempted to use tools available to rezip these two files into a Pack file and then FTPing it to my game, but unfortunately, this makes the game lock up at the title screen. I am unsure if there is a solution right now.

I believe if you just rename the foreign language PACK file to "TitleBG_USen.pack", this will just mute the voices, which is sort of an alternative solution. This won't lock up the game I think.
So you'd actually have to inject the stuff that's in the Japanese .pack into the en_US one? Any utilities that can do that?

Ansatsu247

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you'd actually have to inject the stuff that's in the Japanese .pack into the en_US one? Any utilities that can do that?

Yes, I believe this utility is supposed to do it, but I don't know. The game is just freezing at the title screen anytime I try to mess with the pack files through FTP.

Hopefully someone more savvy can take a look at this, because I am out of ideas.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently copying JP over English. Hope this goes OK.

Well, that definitely worked, but it hasn't replaced all of the files. I guess it's because the transfer wasn't too steady and I had to keep re-connecting it. I'll try again tomorrow.
I'm wondering now actually whether the files are named differently in JP vs English. It seemed like only Zelda was changed to Japanese. This may take more work than previously anticipated, but it'll be worth it in the long run, I feel.

Yes, I believe this utility is supposed to do it, but I don't know. The game is just freezing at the title screen anytime I try to mess with the pack files through FTP.

Hopefully someone more savvy can take a look at this, because I am out of ideas.
I'll try it tomorrow. I think I see how it works.

Last edited by speckxz,

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a single file in one of the folders that doesn't want to copy and that it won't let me delete with FTP, strangely.

I'm wondering if the best thing to do wouldn't just be to replace the files on my PC and then reinstall instead. I've already merged the update on my PC files, would it still install properly?

FlappyFalco

Smile, No Matter How Bad it Gets~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
There's a single file in one of the folders that doesn't want to copy and that it won't let me delete with FTP, strangely.

I'm wondering if the best thing to do wouldn't just be to replace the files on my PC and then reinstall instead. I've already merged the update on my PC files, would it still install properly?

No, merging the update and base game will cause the install to fail.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've managed to copy all the files now. It was actually much easier than I was making it at first. There's just that one file that's broken which is going to annoy me, but I can probably live with it. If not, now that I know that this works, I can reinstall the main game and then just do this again.

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I replaced my TitleBG_EUen.pack and it didn't do anything to change the voices for divine beast powers. It didn't crash though.

macboybr

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Has anybody found the location of the text dialogs file from this game? I have a lot of friends that would love to help me translating this game to Portuguese!

Reactions: FlappyFalco

speckxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I replaced my TitleBG_EUen.pack and it didn't do anything to change the voices for divine beast powers. It didn't crash though.
I've just found content/sound/resource/stream
Going to compare filesizes with the japanese game. I think we want to replace something in there.

Edit: No, they're the same size in japanese vs english. Maybe I should replace titleBG.pack instead of the EUen one.

Further edit: They don't seem to live in there either.

Last edited by speckxz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7