Hacking [Tutorial] How to downgrade from 9.2 and install CFW without owning Gateway card

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I never did get an answer as to this. I know that the lowest firmware the 2DS had was around 6.0, and I don't think that you can downgrade to a firmware you never had, no?
Yeah, I'm curious about this too.
I'm also curious as to wether you can downgrade on an N3DS
no you cannot downgrade the 2DS, its most likely that it would only ever be down-gradable to 6.x anyway, as the 2ds uses different hardware and needs the newer revisions of the FW to accommodate this new hardware, not sure if some sort of partial downgrade solution could be achieved, but I'm fairly sure you would be pretty much tied to the main core of 6.x to use the newer hardware, and seeing as there is no full on exploit that runs at boot time all the files would have to be signed, probably the best you could do is stuff like downgrading the NDS flashcard whitelist and insignificant stuff like that

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I just did, thanks :) But what I meant was emunand, the guide only makes mention of how to get on 9.4 emunand but the latest update is 9.5, I'm just wondering if this guide is compatible with 9.5 and if not how do i get my emunand on 9.4, I assume you have to get to system setting/ other settings/system update and thats what puts you on 9.5 emunand? sorry, bit of a noob, only started reading today since i found out you don't need gateway to downgrade :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol