Hacking [TUTORIAL] Compiling a vWii compatible version of SNEEK (restored from @JoostinOnline)

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks @SaulFabre for re-posting this tutorial! My previous searches on the vWii SNEEK kept pointing to the original dead link.

So I've installed devkitPro, but how exactly do I install devkitARM r32? I've downloaded the linked .rar file but there's no installer that I can see. Or does "installing" in this case refer to the next step reading "restart your computer. Open C:\devkitPro\"??
http://wii.leseratte10.de/devkitPro/

Reactions: SaulFabre

BustaUppa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!:grog: I think I see what I need for the "devkitARM r32" step now.

For the initial devkitPro installation I used "Updater v3.0.3" from GitHub, should I backtrack and use a resource from the page you linked instead? I noticed there was no mention of PSP in the installer I used, so I'm concerned I might not be running what the tutorial expects here... :unsure: I am on Win10 64bit btw.

EDIT: I actually got a real Wii last week :D... so I'll be shifting all usage of Wii software to that now... but thanks for the helpful vWii thread everybody!

Last edited by BustaUppa,

warquezho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to highjack this thread. I manage to compile this from the guide on 1st page loaded to my WiiU's vWii. I only copied the USB part and it loaded from ULGX fine with the channels. Tested Castlevania and it worked well now.

Question is, does this version of Neek have the hidden menu? It doesn't seem to load when I press 1 or 2. Was needing it to launch some Wii Disc games. I already have the DiscEx format under usb/games/[title]/game files
Post automatically merged:

I manage to launch the hidden menu. It's buggy. Sometimes it appears sometimes need few long press 1 or 2.

But no game detected. I have put a game in discRex format as advised under "usb:/games/[TitleID]/game files"

I also change the region to USA. The pic is not updated. Maybe need to change GameRegion:UNK? But didn't see that as an option under hidden menu.

20230427_122646.jpg

Last edited by warquezho,

ZayBoyy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get NEEK + DI to work on my vWii for the past two weeks (I want to use brainslug for GC adapter support on a game without the disc).

After a full ios reset on the console and testing different folder configurations, I finally got SNEEK (no DI) and UNEEK + DI to boot properly. The problem is UNEEK + DI shows zero games in the secret menu, and SNEEK obviously won't be helpful for this. I have Mario Kart Wii in the DiscEX format (converted from WBFS through WiiBackupManager) on USB in "usb:/games/TitleID" and it doesn't appear in the menu. According to @Cyan, UNEEK +DI shouldn't even boot without a DiscEX game present, so it should be reading on some level.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue, or lead me to a thread where someone else has had this problem? I am at a loss, and I could really use some guidance.

Here are my folder structures with everything involved.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-09 114400.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 114400.png
    58.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-10-09 114622.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 114622.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Screenshot 2023-10-09 114608.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 114608.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-10-09 114549.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 114549.png
    29.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot 2023-10-09 114437.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 114437.png
    9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Visualwit

Visualwit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been trying to get NEEK + DI to work on my vWii for the past two weeks (I want to use brainslug for GC adapter support on a game without the disc).

After a full ios reset on the console and testing different folder configurations, I finally got SNEEK (no DI) and UNEEK + DI to boot properly. The problem is UNEEK + DI shows zero games in the secret menu, and SNEEK obviously won't be helpful for this. I have Mario Kart Wii in the DiscEX format (converted from WBFS through WiiBackupManager) on USB in "usb:/games/TitleID" and it doesn't appear in the menu. According to @Cyan, UNEEK +DI shouldn't even boot without a DiscEX game present, so it should be reading on some level.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this issue, or lead me to a thread where someone else has had this problem? I am at a loss, and I could really use some guidance.

Here are my folder structures with everything involved.
Yes, I too have been suffering this issue for a long time and I could not find a fix!

Ysecond

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Getting the IOS Module
This is the real difference between a Wii and vWii version of SNEEK. We have to manually get a piece of vIOS80 from your NAND, instead of downloading IOS70 from NUS. Copy SD:\title\00000001\00000050\content\0000000d.app to sneek-read-only and rename it 0000000e.app.
It seems that I only need to compile once and can be used on multiple consoles?
Will sneek automatically copy vwii nand to SD when running it for the first time?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I haven't read through all the message here so sorry if someone else already pointed this out, but you don't need to do this svn checkout
Code:
svn checkout svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/sneek/code/trunk sneek-read-only
instead you can just download the zip from here: https://sourceforge.net/code-snapshots/svn/s/sn/sneek/code/sneek-code-r202-trunk.zip

It's frustrating that the SNEEKInstaller GUI doesn't work with vWii, it complains about 0000000e.app file size being wrong

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade