Hacking [Tuto] R4i SDHC (and other clones) - How to play new games ?

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
flatsch said:
Hey Guys,

i got the following Flashcard:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

down_r4i.jpg

R4i-SDHC kemel download(without
v1.4.1.png
and
v1.4.png
mark?

First i have tried this:

FIRST CHOICE - USING YSMenu/DSTT NATIVELY (no more R4 main menu, no more R4 kernel, only YSMenu/DSTT)

I did it step by step as it was written down there, but as soon as i start my DSi, i get a Picture that says: ?menu

Then i tried this

ALTERNATIVE - USING A DUAL BOOT WITH TTMENU/YSMENU/ANOTHER KERNEL :

I downloaded the Firmware 1.09d from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ (the others are not supported on my flashcard) and unpacked it on the root of the mSD Card (of course i have formatted it before)). Then i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.38 - with YSMenu from RetroGameFan and did this:

-> Copy the TTMENU folder, TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS on / (root) of your micro SD card. It could ask you to replace TTMENU.SYS, say yes.
-> Rename the /TTMENU.DAT to /TTMENU.NDS.

After that i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.41 without YSmenu from RetroGameFan, i renamed the TTMenu.dat to TTMenu.nds on my computer and copied the TTMenu Folder and the renamed TTMenu.nds to my mSD card and replaced it with the olds.

Now i start my DSi, go to Media so the R4i ist starting the Moonshell and then i start TTmenu.nds (if i try to start the TTmenu.nds in the main menu where my games are listet, the DSi is freezing). Now im in the YSMenu and when i open my game folder and i will start the game Golden Sun (Europe Version), it says: "Unsupported DLDI Name"

Now i dont know what to do
frown.gif

Is anybody here that has the same flashcard and get it to work?

Thank you
smile.gif

PS: Sorry for my bad english, im from germany, but i hope you can understand me.

THANKS
biggrin.gif

Try To Format your Memory Card using sdhc formatter then put the original firmware on your card..
Then Download This http://www.mediafire.com/?h4aa9kbidbvdnm8
Extract then copy this on the root on your card..
Run TTMenu.nds Then run Games..If that doesnt work
Run TTMenu.nds Then Run YSMenu.nds Then Run Games..

Hope it helps..

jmanup85

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flatsch said:
Hey Guys,

i got the following Flashcard:

http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/

down_r4i.jpg

R4i-SDHC kemel download(without
v1.4.1.png
and
v1.4.png
mark?

First i have tried this:

FIRST CHOICE - USING YSMenu/DSTT NATIVELY (no more R4 main menu, no more R4 kernel, only YSMenu/DSTT)

I did it step by step as it was written down there, but as soon as i start my DSi, i get a Picture that says: ?menu

Then i tried this

ALTERNATIVE - USING A DUAL BOOT WITH TTMENU/YSMENU/ANOTHER KERNEL :

I downloaded the Firmware 1.09d from http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/ (the others are not supported on my flashcard) and unpacked it on the root of the mSD Card (of course i have formatted it before)). Then i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.38 - with YSMenu from RetroGameFan and did this:

-> Copy the TTMENU folder, TTMENU.DAT and TTMENU.SYS on / (root) of your micro SD card. It could ask you to replace TTMENU.SYS, say yes.
-> Rename the /TTMENU.DAT to /TTMENU.NDS.

After that i downloaded the DSTT Update 6.41 without YSmenu from RetroGameFan, i renamed the TTMenu.dat to TTMenu.nds on my computer and copied the TTMenu Folder and the renamed TTMenu.nds to my mSD card and replaced it with the olds.

Now i start my DSi, go to Media so the R4i ist starting the Moonshell and then i start TTmenu.nds (if i try to start the TTmenu.nds in the main menu where my games are listet, the DSi is freezing). Now im in the YSMenu and when i open my game folder and i will start the game Golden Sun (Europe Version), it says: "Unsupported DLDI Name"

Now i dont know what to do
frown.gif

Is anybody here that has the same flashcard and get it to work?

Thank you
smile.gif

PS: Sorry for my bad english, im from germany, but i hope you can understand me.

THANKS
biggrin.gif

My friend uses this exact card and I can confirm that it does work using dual boot method. Except I didnt make TTMenu.nds start from moonshell and he doesnt use a DSi. Those are the only 2 differences I can think of but it works flawlessly on his DS Phat. Actually its the same card I'm trying to get soft reset working on lol

felipe9525

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a _SYSTEM_ structure firmware. And how can I use YsMenu with it?
My flash card is Super R4i, Web Site: http://www.super4i.com/
I know, it hasn't been updated for a long time but still play games like Pokémon Soul Silver but not the ''newest'' ones'' like Pokémon Black (even with the patch).

flatsch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rockerzz182 said:
Try To Format your Memory Card using sdhc formatter then put the original firmware on your card..

Hope it helps..

Thank you very much for your help, i did this but this is all i get when i start my DSi:

img0141p.jpg

frown.gif

CalamityDjenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
flatsch said:
rockerzz182 said:

Hope it helps..

Thank you very much for your help, i did this but this is all i get when i start my DSi:
img0141p.jpg
frown.gif

Do you get that error straight after booting or only when you launch TTMenu.NDS?
In the first case, it seems you forgot to copy your original kernel files on the card to allow it to boot.
In the second, you shuld have forget some files from YSMenu/TTMenu(DSTT) on root of your card, on in /TTMENU/

rockerzz182

Trophies
XP
Country
flatsch said:
rockerzz182 said:

Hope it helps..

img0141p.jpg

frown.gif

Put The Original firmware also then run TTMenu.nds for the second boot..

flatsch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HELL YEAH

now it finally works
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
(using the files that rockerzz182 uploaded and dual boot)
Im so happy right now^^

Thank you very much to all of you for your help, especially rockerzz182 and CalamityDjenn

wub.gif

GrimeySkillz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have R4-III SDHC r4iiisdhc.com Latest: v3.07 Updated: 2008 , and im trying to figure out how to get ttdsmenu/ysmenu to work on my R4. Because support for my r4 clone has been discontinued i have been continually told to ditch the old kernel. I have tried extracting the ysmenu software but my effort comes to no avail because i am doing something wrong im sure of it. its not working what do i do? i want to play newer games and to do that i need to get ttdsysmenu or somthing like that. Is there a video tutorial out there for how to do it on a i have R4-III SDHC r4iiisdhc.com Latest: v3.07 Updated: 2008 someone please help.

GrimeySkillz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rockerzz182 said:
Try The Method Above..

ok thanks, i managed to get ttds and ysmenu icons on the homescreen for my r4 sdhc III. But now heres the problem i still cant play the games. when i select ttds i get these blue and black lines across the screen and it just stays there.????? what should i do????

stawl

Trophies
XP
Country
Omg this is unbelievable i have been for like 2 months wanting to play black ops and cooking mama world i have downloaded so many firmwares and none work and now, finaly at gbatemp i found the one that makes all my dreams come true =D Everything works now thanks guys.

fabu09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i managed to get a dstt menu working on a r4 king card, but the post also states this

Nota Bene : You can also use an AKAIO or any GUI with the DSTT kernel if you want to, BUT you will always have to use /TTMENU/ files. You cannot autoload another kernel structure, it has to match DSTT's!

i tried booting a akaio as a nds rom but nothing happens just a long black screen, so am i doing something wrong or am i using the wrong files, i tried using akaio 1.8.1, pls reply soon

Mr.Mugiwara

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys my card only works with this archives:
R4iMenu
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MSHL.NDS
R4.dat

Miles Edgeworth Investigations and M&L Bowser inside history works.

I tried to find updates ,but i had no luck.

I use R4i 2.07 english:
http://www.r4sdhc.com/down.asp

and the DSTT firmware not work in my flash card

Lights

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nicely made guide but the colors are sort of disconcerting to the eyes. Although I already know how to play new games from a guide I found which was to just have TTMenu, if I find the guide I will post it here and let you know and you could put it at the bottom of the post.

On a side note, this is in the wrong section
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @The Real Jdbye, :creep: