Hacking The Mega List of R4 Clones

al5911

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Thanks Rydian for the help. I'll borrow someone NDS and try the update with AK2i or DSTwo that I have. It'll take a long time before I can inform back the result here.

BTW this cart is an extra cart, so no rush :).

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make an R4i SDHC Revolution (this one) boot up YSmenu straight up? I was able to do it with an M3i Zero I had, and the M3i directly opens up with YSmenu booted. And by this, I mean YSmenu loads up without having to find the YSmenu.nds or what have you.

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
megalist.png

of R4 clones

QUOTE(Another World @ Apr 22 2011, 09:08 PM)

i hope that user comments in this thread add info like firmware updates, kernel updates, review links, problems, etc.

^That^
QUOTE(Another World @ May 3 2011, 05:13 PM)

its ridiculous to say that a clone should only be judged based on its firmware/loader support. some clones are so poorly made that the problems are not with the software or compatibility. you would be wise to remember that.-another world

Yet more wisdom from Another World!Please note: At the moment only the 3DS carts list is complete. Other lists are being slowly added.*If ShopTemp links don't work, please copy and paste the ShopTemp listing name and search for it on ShopTemp*
Clone nameWebsiteDescription: A brief description of the cart (where available)Clone of: What the cart is a clone of (if known)Last update: Date of last update (DD/MM/YYYY)Find 'Wood' on FileTrip.net

• Blue Dot

means that the cart is YSMenu compatible

•• Double Blue Dot

means that the cart is likely YSMenu compatible

• Brown Dot

means that the cart is compatible with other third-party firmwares

• Red Dot

means that the cart is incompatible with third-party firmwares

• Grey Dot

means that the cart's compatibility with third party firmwares is unknown

R4iDSN / R4i Gold 3DSwww.r4ids.cn or www.r4idsn.comDescription: The team behind this cart has made a deal with Yellow Wood Goblin and their cart now officially supports Wood. Don't confuse with any of the other 7 R4i Gold carts on the market.Clone of: Acekard 2i OEM (reported)Last update: 01/04/2011 (official), 19/05/2011 (WoodR4iDSN)R4i Gold 1.4.1

R4i Ultrawww.r4ultra.comDescription: Made by Team Acekard.Clone of: Acekard 2iLast Update: 10/04/2011R4i Ultra

••

R4i RTS 3Dwww.r4i-sdhc.hkDescription: Very little is known about this new contender in the growing 3DS market, but it looks to be just another cart to jump on the bandwagon.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last update: 10/2/2011

R4i SDHC 3Dwww.r4i-sdhc.hkDescription: Sister cart to the R4i RTS 3D. Nice to see the team updating their carts to work with the 3DS.Clone of: DSTTLast update: 2/4/2011

R4iTTwww.r4itt.netDescription: Apparently, this cart is "made by the factories of the original R4 and the original DSTT", according to their site. It's nice to see cloners still think we're idiots.Clone of:

~Unknown~

Last update: 22/3/2011

R4i3Dwww.r4i3d.comDescription: Cart's default OS appears to be no more than... you guessed it, wood. Still highly not recommended however.Clone of: R4iDSNLast update: 14/4/2011

R4i SDHCwww.r4isdhc.comDescription: Decent cart that recently acquired 3DS functionality.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 18/4/2011

R4i SDHC RTSwww.r4isdhc.comDescription: "Premium" version of the R4i SDHC from the same company.Clone of: DSTTLast Update:

Unknown

R4i RTS Sync

R4i SDHC v2.0 "Happybox"www.r4isdhc.comDescription: Updated version of the R4i SDHC from the same company.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 25/3/2011

R4i 3DSwww.r4i-sdhc.comDescription: A hybrid DSTT-R4 clone that has been updated to work on the 3DS.Clone of: R4-DSTT hybridLast Update: 24/3/2011

••

R4iKing 3DS

This cart has not been updated in more than a year.

www.r4-king.comDescription: A classic example of a clone. "Supports Skype, MSN and eMail" - not that other carts can't.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (Likely DSTT)

Last Update: 29/5/2009

R4-pro Goldwww.r4-pro.comDescription: A clone with no support that's wood compatible (to an extent) and works on the 3DS.Clone of: R4iDSNLast Update:

Unknown

••

R4i LLwww.ndsill.netDescription: An odd-looking unmistakable clone.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 21/3/2011

••

R4Liwww.r4li.comDescription: A strange clone with strange packaging.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last Update:9/4/2011

••

R4i Yeswww.r4i-yes.comDescription: The team behind this cart has horrible English skills - and they're horrible at coming up with names.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last Update: 17/4/2011

R4i Pocket Revolutionwww.r4ipocket.comDescription: The ugly cart ruins the semi-decent packaging.Clone of: DSTTLast Update:

Unknown

R4i Platinumwww.r4iplat.comDescription: Not much that can go here. Updatable bootloader.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 15/12/2010

R4i-GOLDwww.r4i-gold.euDescription: Nothing really too special about this cart. Don't confuse with R4iDSN.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 6/5/2011

R4i SDHC Revolutionwww.r4i.cnDescription: Supports RTS.Clone of: DSTTLast Update:

Unknown

DSi 1.4.1 compatible carts

[titleSi 1.4.1 compatible carts I-V]

R4i Gold v2www.r4ids.comDescription: Cart made by people who split from the r4ids.cn team. Compatible with AKAIO (unofficially)Clone of: R4i UltraLast Update: 10/4/2011R4i Gold AKAIO Compatible

R4iDSN / R4i Goldwww.r4ids.cn or www.r4idsn.comDescription: The team behind this cart has made a deal with Yellow Wood Goblin and their cart now officially supports Wood. Don't confuse with any of the other 7 R4i Gold carts on the market.Clone of: Acekard 2i OEM (reported)Last update: 01/04/2011 (official), 01/04/2011 (WoodR4iDSN)R4i Gold 1.4.1

R4i-SDHCwww.r4i-sdhc.comDescription: Non-3DS compatible version of the R4i 3DS.Clone of: R4-DSTT hybridLast Update: 24/3/2011R4i SDHC 1.4.1

••

R4iKing LL

This cart has not been updated in more than a year.

www.r4-king.comDescription: Non-3DS compatible version of the R4iKing 3DS.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last Update: 29/5/2009

R4i-3D Upgrade Revolutionwww.r4i3d-multi.comDescription: Yet another card using the R4 name, with the word "3D" thrown in there too. (does not actually work on 3DS)Clone of:

~Unknown~

Last Update: 24/3/2011
[titleSi 1.4.1 compatible carts VI-X]

R4i Poke Upgrade Revolutionwww.r4ipoke.comDescription: A cart made for hardcore Pokemon fanboys. Plays other games too.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 28/3/2011

R4i Revolutionwww.ndsr4i.com (domain expired, currently down)Description: Yet another clone called the "R4i Revolution".Clone of: DSTTLast Update:

Unknown

R4i-II

Website Unknown

Description: SHINY PACKAGING!!!111ONEONEONEClone of:

~Unknown~

Last Update:

Unknown

••

Golden R4i SDHC Revolutionwww.r4i-sdhc.com.auDescription: Another R4i Gold cart. Not the one that runs Wood.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last Update:

Unknown

R4iPro

This cart has not been updated for more than a year.

www.r4ipro.com (domain expired, currently down)Description: Strange cart with a typical clone feature set.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last Update: 2009
[titleSi compatible carts XI-XV]

AvatarR4iwww.r4i-ndsill.comDescription: Cool Avatar packaging, bad cart.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 7/12/2010

••

R4i-FIFAwww.r4i-fifa.comDescription: A crazily ridiculous cart which is the "first of the core-duoupgrade9 core technology".Clone of: DSTTLast Update:

Unknown

••

R4i DSXLwww.r4idsxl.comDescription: Um... WTF?Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 28/11/2010

••

R4i-Bluewww.r4i-blue.comDescription: The site is a 1:1 clone of the R4i FIFA site.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 11/1/2011

R4i-Advwww.r4i-adv.comDescription: Nothing to be said.Clone of:

~Unknown~

Last Update:

Unknown
[titleSi compatible carts XVI-XX]

R4i Revolutionwww.r4ultra.comDescription: Forerunner to the R4i Ultra.Clone of:

~Unknown~ (likely DSTT)

Last Update:

Unknown

••

R4i-Goldwww.r4i-gold.comDescription: Yet another R4i Gold.Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 5/3/2011

R4i-Redantwww.r4i-redant.comDescription: ...the fuck?Clone of: DSTTLast Update: 28/3/2011

SupeR4iwww.super4i.com (domain expired, currently down)Description: Nothing.Clone of:

~Unknown~

Last Update:

Unknown
Clone: A clone is a a term used in the scene to describe a flashcart that unofficially uses the name from a popular cart. Has nothing to do with the actual cart itself.Kernel: Kernels (or menus, or OS's) are the main visual GUI of a flashcart. They're what you see when you boot up a flashcart.Firmware Firmware (or bootloader) is the code written on the FPGA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) (almost always of the Actel brand) which allows the flashcart to bypass DS security checks.Bootloader: See Firmware.Menu: See Kernel.OS: See Kernel.PCB: A PCB (Printed Circuit Board) is essentially what holds all the hardware including the contacts of a flashcart.Wood: An alternative kernel for original R4, Acekard RPG and R4iDSN/R4i Gold flashcarts made by Yellow Wood Goblin....and more coming soon.

R4iDSN / R4i Goldwww.r4ids.cn or www.r4idsn.comDescription: The team behind this cart has made a deal with Yellow Wood Goblin and their cart now officially supports Wood. Don't confuse with any of the other 7 R4i Gold carts on the market.Clone of: Acekard 2i OEM (reported)Last update: 01/04/2011 (official), 19/05/2011 (WoodR4iDSN)R4i Gold 1.4.1(Original R4 will be here as soon as I add it to the normal list)Other carts you should buy are the:Acekard 2iSupercard DSTWOEZ-Flash Vi
22.5: WoodR4iDSN updated12.5: R4i SDHC Revolution, R4i-Redant, SupeR4i added7.5: R4i-GOLD, R4i Revolution, R4i-Gold added4.5: May the fourth be with you! Color key changed.3.5: Recommended list added30.4: DSi ≤1.4.1 XI-XV completed30.4: AvatarR4i, R4i FIFA, R4i DSXL, R4i-Blue, R4i-Adv added27.4: Glossary added25.4: DSi ≤1.4.1 VI-X completed25.4: Added Golden R4i SDHC Revolution, R4iPro, R4i Pocket, R4i Platinum25.4: Fixed R4iDSN stuff and R4i Ultra22.4: R4i Poke Upgrade Revolution, R4i LL, R4i Revolution, R4Li, R4i Yes, R4i-II added22.4: DSi 1.4.1 VI-X added19.4: R4-pro Gold added18.4: DSi ≤1.4.1 I-V completed18.4: Added R4i 3DS, R4i-SDHC, R4iKing 3DS, R4iKing LL, R4i-3D Upgrade Revolution18.4: Original guide

• Brief overview of news of popular carts
  • Review links
  • Recommended list

Here's the guide without that HTML jargon.

Warboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some things I've noticed about R4 Clones:

R4iSDHC.com's white dualcore flash card with "New" printed on it, and r4i-gold.com's "Pro" card are identical. Their kernels are interchangeable.

R4i3d.com card labeled "New" has an identical kernel with the r4isdhc.com white dualcore without "New" printed on it. The kernels are interchangeable.

R4i-gold.cc, Ace3ds, r4i-sdhc.com.tw, r4-v.com, r4i-sdhc.hk and r4i-gold.hk have identical kernels. The only difference among them is a name change, of a root file present on all of the kernels, its size is 253kb. The r4i-gold.cc has that file named twice, once as "config" and once as "r4i.3ds" The Ace3ds has it named: "config" and "3DSCARD.DAT", r4i-sdhc.com.tw has it named only once as "TTMenu.dat", r4i-gold.hk and r4i-sdhc.hk have it named six times (3dscard.dat, config, iLL.iL, R4i.3DS, R4i.TP, and ttmenu.dat)

ndsill.net is the same exact card as r4igold.cn The kernels are interchangeable.

r4i-gold.com (3ds version, not Pro) and r4i-gold.eu (3ds version) are the same exact card and the kernels are interchangeable.

r4i-blue.com is the exact same kernel as r4ill-net.com. Only difference is the 835kb file is named "ttmenu.dat" on the r4ill-net.com and its named "R4I.HK" on the r4i-blue.com

r4i-yes.com is the same card as r4i-advance.com The kernels are interchangeable.

I'm hoping this info comes in handy in case a website goes down or you want to use a kernel that is more updated than the one you have. I don't know if it's possible, but maybe the update file from one card might work directly on your card, increasing the compatibility with higher Nintendo firmwares.

Are the white dualcore "new" and the SDHC silver "new" from r4isdhc.com the same card, and would the SDHC Silver "New" work with the r4i Gold Pro's Kernel?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the R4i-gold.hk card YSMenu compatible?
I downloaded it, it has a Pokemon Black&White background, but Mario & Luigi: Bowser's inside Story doesn't work on it.

Raxiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Is r4i3d ys menu compatible? sorry new to the scene and since i live in a 3rd world country lot of smartasses here sell shitty flash cards like clones for the ignorant people in the subject and since i have no other choice i have a dsi xl with 1.4.5u which i want to play poke black 2 with it and when i tried to put it in it stopped working

Letrikov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
um, i don't know if this is just me, but html is disabled

so the first post of this thread is all messy html and i can't read it properly

help

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it just me or is the first page full of nothing but markup (HTML) language? I cannot see any useful information ... =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo