ROM Hack New Super Mario World - Spenstar Edition

Whats your opinion?

• I will play this, even if in the end, a Feather and Yoshi can't be hacked into the game!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I will only play this hack if a Feather/Yoshi is hacked in.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Friedslick6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For the 'Mario vs. Luigi' levels, consider using the level layout from "Mario Bros. GBA," the game included with "Super Mario Advance 2." Then you would be staying more true to the the level design of the game, multiplayer-wise...

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In response to the poll, I'll give it a shot knowing you can't hack in yoshi or feather.

Although these remakes (Take Mario bros. 3 on DS) just don't play well compared to the originals. The level design tends to clash with Mario's controls imo.. But I will certainly give it a shot
smile.gif

The effort into custom textures to make it feel more genuine really sell it

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
HeadHunt said:
Joshua21136 said:
Presto99 said:
roice2000 said:
hello i´m from germany

if you really get a feather power up hack into this game, it will be the best nds game ever,
evan better than the new super mario bros wii edition.

do you think that this is possible to get a *feather power up* in this game??
i´ve told my friends about your project and they don´t believe this ^^

i hope you finish your project succesfully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!"No. No. No. And no."! (again) You can't add Yoshi, or the feather, or anything like that. You can forget about it. It could still be a good hack though.
Do you have any hope in this project? I belive that anything is possible.
You can achieve miracles, when you believe
happy.gif

Indeed. At least, that is what Parappa the Rappa told me.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look,Yoshi and the feather CAN be added,it would just require an gigantic amount of ASM hacking knowledge and time,along with 3D modeling skills.
A extremely hard task,but it can be done.
If it doesn't,well,just improvise like SKJmin did with NSMB3(Which did add challenge,and gave the opportunity to mix up the levels a bit),either way,if you stick to this,it'll turn out good.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice! Cant wait till this comes out!

(offtopic: this just gave me an idea. instead of using a SCDS2 for GBA emulation, maybe we can convert/port those games into .NDS files.)

smash_legend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spenstar said:
Renegade Zero said:
Based on your screenshots, if your basing some/most of your levels from Super Mario Bros. 2 this is gonna be too epic. Any chance of Star World being thrown in there?
Yep, I will try to have all the levels included from the original SMW (also known as Super Mario Advance 2 for GBA) in this hack, even the star world
smile.gif

One reason I'm doing this hack is because SMW: MA2 was my first GBA game I got back then, and I want to relive that time
smile.gif

heh, me too
this was also my first GBA game and is one of my favorites

if you need another hacker (well, in training) I'll be happy to help

BTW, I have one question
are you gonna hack the world maps too?

luckwii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Odnetnin46 said:
Look,Yoshi and the feather CAN be added,it would just require an gigantic amount of ASM hacking knowledge and time,along with 3D modeling skills.
A extremely hard task,but it can be done.
If it doesn't,well,just improvise like SKJmin did with NSMB3(Which did add challenge,and gave the opportunity to mix up the levels a bit),either way,if you stick to this,it'll turn out good.

It is not just ASM hacking knowledge needed. There is no way to find out what the code is used for and when without a lot of trial and error. The people that made the editor haven't figured much of it out yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Plus a lot of the times they just seemed half hearted attempts