TSA Defends Pat Down of Little Baby at Kansas City Airport,

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by TLSS_N, May 11, 2011.

1. TLSS_N
    OP

Member TLSS_N Who is John Galt?

United States
    [​IMG]

via msnbc by way of the blaze

A photo posted on Twitter of a baby receiving a pat-down at Kansas City International Airport is the latest in a number of recent highly publicized incidents of airport security screenings involving young children.

The photo taken by Kansas City pastor Jacob Jester on Saturday and posted on Twitter has been viewed nearly 300,000 times.

“I really didn’t stop to think about what would happen,” Jester told msnbc.com. “I just snapped a picture.”

Jester said he was traveling to Albuquerque on Saturday when he noticed the woman behind him was traveling with a baby about the same age as his son. He had just passed through security when he looked back and saw the baby receiving the pat-down.

“My thinking was, this is an extreme measure. I wouldn’t want that to happen to my own son,” Jester said.

The Transportation Security Administration posted a response on its blog: “We reviewed the screening of this family, and found that the child’s stroller alarmed during explosives screening. Our officers followed proper current screening procedures by screening the family after the alarm, who by the way were very cooperative and were on the way to their gate in no time.”

view video here

[/p]
    source

2. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    did they find any bombs?

3. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I don't understand why people are so outraged. This is a good thing, and should be done much more often. Babies highjack planes all the time, and I am glad that someone's finally doing something about it.

4. TLSS_N
    OP

United States
    no, but I am sure they found a fully loaded ak-47.

5. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I think its obvious that kid is an Al-Qaeda terrorist.

6. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    This image has never been more relevant.
    [​IMG]

7. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Babies are dangerous. They might look all cute and cuddly on the outside, but they're always having evil thoughts on how to get back at adults who embarrass the crap outta them. BEWARE, YEARS DOWN THE ROAD THE SAME BABY YOU PATTED DOWN ALL THOSE YEARS AGO WILL RETURN, THIS TIME WITH A REAL BOMB

8. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Disgusting, the TSA agents need to be thrown in prison.

9. purechaos996

Member purechaos996 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I don't understand why racial profiling at airport security is wrong, a lot of other countries do it and really it would only be an inconvenience to people who look like a terrorist...And to those people I would say...Stop looking like a terrorist its not that hard. This whole Pat-down and Full body scanner thing is getting kind of ridiculous don't you think? I was traveling down to florida recently and saw an elderly man in a wheel chair receiving a pat down I'm 100% sure that 80yr old Mr. Jenkins isn't a threat at all.

10. Foxi4

Reporter Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip
    Poland
    They didn't molest it, they didn't violiate any laws, they didn't do anything morally sub-standard. They just checked whether or not the baby has anything strapped to it under its clothes.

I fail to see the problem. The baby and/or the stroller triggered the alarm in the scanner and the agents checked why. What's all the commotion about? Does it really make a difference whether the person that triggers the alarm is 8 months or 80 years old?

No, of course it does not.

Obviously the baby itself wouldn't be a naughty terrorist smuggling explosives. The parents, however, could strap it with some, hoping that the fact it's a baby will be a big enough shield to hide behind.

The agents should be congratulated that they did not ignore a security threat, no matter how silly it seemed.

11. TLSS_N
    OP

United States

personal space, must I say more? it's a baby for crying out loud, It was more than likely talcum powder that spilled previously and it set the alarm off. would you really expect a nun to be a threat to national security?

Those crazy nun's, there a threat to society after all, they carry explosive bibles in there purse!

beware the crazy nuns, all of you! ///sarcasm.

12. Coto

Member Coto GBAtemp Addict

Chile
    Yeah, 100% agree here. I guess how much illegal stuff must found daily on highly populated areas like airports. I also don´t see the problem.

13. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States

Blame the people that are thinking up new ways to kill innocent people on a daily basis...

14. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    The TSA agents deserve the blame too, really do you really think that baby has a bomb, common sense would say no. Only the very dumb would think that the baby had anything short of diaper rash or poop stains on the diaper.

15. ZaeZae64

Member ZaeZae64 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Because as we all know the parents couldn't have hidden anything in the baby's clothes at all right?

16. Zarcon

Former Staff Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.

Canada
    To play devil's advocate a bit..."common sense would say no" is the exact reason why it'd be the ideal way to sneak things on board.

That or they read that story about a kid being gutted and filled with drugs to cross the border and freaked out.

17. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    You can't expect people to use their brains on this earth,yes its alittle disturbing to read about but in this day and age almost nothing is off limits when it comes to things such as this...

18. dilav

Member dilav GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    My thoughts exactly

19. BowlOfSpiders

Member BowlOfSpiders hi

United States
    I agree with you 100%. People just don't know how to get over things.

20. clownb

Member clownb GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The line of thought in defense of the TSA groping and showering us with radiation is leading to the collapse of our basic human rights and dignity. The TSA hasn't caught a single terrorist to date and I am beginning to think that isn't really their true purpose to begin with.