Trying to use Tiramisu, but not clear in installing other apps

genesis1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed Tiramisu and all required apps (as far as I am aware). It worked fine installing and going into the loader. But, when I go into the software portion in the loader, I see a bunch of apps (with red Xs). Let's say if I try installing retroarch and a gba emulator, all it does is create an empty folder for each of those apps. I've been at this for hours at this point looking at tutorials etc, and I just don't know what to do. To be fair, some of tutorials (including here) are too advanced for my level of understanding when it comes to emulation. Not sure if this is important or not, but the loader Tiramisu launches is version 2.2. It launches a Dimok loader. I forgot the actual name of it though.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It launches a Dimok loader. I forgot the actual name of it though
That isn't tiramisu, that is the homebrew channel.

Let's say if I try installing retroarch and a gba emulator
You don't "install" these apps directly. You boot into the homebrew channel (inside the mii maker channel) and from there you boot the emulators. And that's it...technically. If these emulators would exist as an .rpx or .wuhb, they would appear in your home menu.

Reactions: Alexander1970

genesis1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That isn't tiramisu, that is the homebrew channel.

You don't "install" these apps directly. You boot into the homebrew channel (inside the mii maker channel) and from there you boot the emulators. And that's it...technically. If these emulators would exist as an .rpx or .wuhb, they would appear in your home menu.

Right. Accessed via Tiramisu, no? Unless I messed it up completely?

genesis1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand your question...you followed the guide, installed tiramisu/aroma...so it makes sense that you're booted into tiramisu...

My issue, unless I am mistaking, isn't Tiramisu but the homebrew Channel. Once in the software by Dimok, there are a bunch of apps (I don't have the Homebrew Channel installed on the HDD of the Wii U, as it launches from my SDC). But, nothing does anything. Let's say if I download Retroarch, there is no way for me to do anything with it - it doesn't appear anywhere. That and the fact that my folders (when downloading something like Retroarch) remain empty.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: jeannotte

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  • Love
Reactions: BaamAlex

genesis1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget the first guide and just use the second one. The first guide only uses a very old method (browser exploit) to boot a cfw. This is ofc not recommended because you can install these hacks to the console. Follow the wii u guide.

I deleted the files on the SDC and then re-installed it from scratch.
Upon choosing Tiramisu, I see the following options:

Wii U Menu
Homebrew Launcher
Wii Menu

If I select the Homebrew Launcher, a blue bubbly menu pops up with the words at the bottom right:
"Homebrew Launcher v.1.5 by Dimok".

No options or anything pop up. And if I press the Home Button, it brings me to the Mii Maker thing, there is nothing there except for the possibility to create or edit Miis.

EDIT: I assume I should use one of the uninstall guides? If so, I don't know which one.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Why uninstalling? You're on the right "path". You installed tiramisu. Now you need apps on your sd. The correct location for these are: sd:/wiiu/apps/. And make sure your sd card isn't labeled like wiiu. This can cause problems.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also you probably want to boot into the Wii U Menu instead of the Homebrew Launcher.

//EDIT: Which is also written at the guide:
On the Tiramisu Boot Selector, the Wii U Menu should already be selected, press Y to set this to your default autobooting option, then press A to launch into the Wii U Menu.
(Source: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu...payloadloader-environment-loader-and-tiramisu )

So keep following the guide instead of doing whatever... After finishing the guide the Homebrew Loader shouldn't be empty, too, so you did not follow the guide correctly...

genesis1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why uninstalling? You're on the right "path". You installed tiramisu. Now you need apps on your sd. The correct location for these are: sd:/wiiu/apps/. And make sure your sd card isn't labeled like wiiu. This can cause problems.

I think I am good now? I was so tired at the end, that I completely skipped over the last step lol. I looked it over. Thanks to @V10lator for pasting the link to the several last steps - thanks both of you :) . Currently installing some stuff, and the storeapps channel looks good and normal. I'll keep you posted if anything out of the ordinary happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Why do that when they make bogus accounts