Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im trying to update my ackeard via my SCDS2 on a 1.4.2 dsi, all im getting is

"AK2I FIRMWARE UPDATE (3DSV2)

CHIP ID: 01c2 HW:3642

This cartridge can't be updated."

Now obviously the chip id and HW is wrong because im running the program on a Supercard DSTwo, waiting for it to prompt me to switch out the card.

Im using "ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi.nds" that I got off the acekard website. Can anyone help me get this running so I can update the acekard please, i've tried running on 2 micro sd's one 8gb and one 2gb

HammerGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That will only work if you're using the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds in a DS Lite or DS Phat. The DSi doensn't let you switch the cards, so you have to use a DS Lite or DS Phat and the DSL update.

Woodhouse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have two questions after read your questions

1. why you need to use a DSTwo card to do the update since your DSi is still in DSi V1.42 , i thought you can update the ak2i directly.
2. Just like HammerGuy said , if you want to use a Supercard , you need to get a DS to do it , because there will be a "switch cards" step ...

HammerGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Woodhouse said:
1. why you need to use a DSTwo card to do the update since your DSi is still in DSi V1.42 , i thought you can update the ak2i directly.

No, he can't, because his Acekard's physical firmware is still in 1.4.1. He updated the DSi to 1.4.2 before he updated the Acekard to 1.4.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over