Android Trying to learn about emulators on Android

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm about to put my hands on a Nvidia Shield Portable, and it will be my first android device. I will use it exclusively for its emulator capabilities, and while I've already read about the various fPSE, Mupen64, etc, I barely know what a root access is – I don't even know if I'll need it for the emulators...
So I wanted to ask where to find some literature regarding how to prepare this machine to give me 110% when it comes to use these softwares (the emulators), and what settings should I pay more attention to when trying to run a game as its best.

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
A timid bump...
I'm not asking for "Android 101", or a list of emulators (Google is indeed my friend), but tips and tricks to create the perfect Android environment for these softwares and the emulating experience in general.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
You wont need root access to run emulators.
There's a simple rule to working out if you need root or not: If you don't know if you need root, then you don't need root! :D

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You wont need root access to run emulators.
There's a simple rule to working out if you need root or not: If you don't know if you need root, then you don't need root! :D

Sounds like an easy-enough rule, thank you :)
EDIT: would you take a look at this thread regarding the widescreen fix?

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Sounds like an easy-enough rule, thank you :)
EDIT: would you take a look at this thread regarding the widescreen fix?

Sorry, I don't know much about PSX emulation. It's possibly available as an option in the emulators... I know that nullDC has an option to support 'true' (non-stretched) wide-screen; but it depends on the games themselves actually supporting it.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
For starters, if you want to truly feel the Android experience, you can map different buttons for each command. You can also map extra buttons for different functions like openning the menu, activating cheats, etc.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For emulators, I usually just search the playstore for "insert system" emulator. Play store has at least two or more emulators for each system.
I personally use My Boy! for GBA, MyOldBoy! for GB/GBX, SNES 9x EX+ for SNES, DraStic for DS, PPSSPP for PSP and ePSXe for PS1.

No I did not purchase DraStic and ePSXe. I managed to find APKs that worked on my phone :lol: (A Galaxy S5)
I do not mind PMing you DL links if you want to pirate these two paid apps if you ask.

I reread your OP lol. There goes the list.
Default settings usually work most of the time for these emulators unless you're playing Dolphin (which is in its alpha stages of coding currently)
For PPSSPP, go to the emulator forums and do a forum search of your title to check its compatibility
For GBA and DS....Golden Sun never works. Golden Sun crashes or it just doesn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.