Hacking Trouble with getting M3i zero to work on 1.4.1U

4412on108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi everyone! so a few days ago my sister "accidentally" updated my dsi to 1.4.1U... because of that, my m3i zero stopped working. now here's the problem, i cant seem to get my m3i to work for 1.4.1U. i tried to "flashing" it with the f_core v1.6 but the LED stayed a solid red. i tried reformatting it on my laptop and with SDFormatter V2.0, still no luck. so as of right now i'm confused on whether the problem is my micro sd, my m3 that i had for over a year, or my power cable. the danny phantom icon still appears on both my ds and dsi. if someone can help me, i will appreciate you for eternity
rolleyes.gif

sorry if i'm not clear in what i'm trying to say...

4412on108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i already watched that video a few time (and most of the other ones as well)... i'm pretty sure i followed the procedures correctly (i put both the f_core and systems folder into the root of the sd card, put the sd card back into the m3, and made sure the cable was put in correctly). as soon as i plug the cable into my computer, the light turns red and stays that way. my computer still recognizes my sd card when i use a card reader

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
you don't need the System folder when flashing the F_Core.dat,
format your microsd (preferable 1 - 4 GB) to fat32 , download and unzip the 1.6 core to your microsd then do the flash process
see if it works

4412on108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsrules said:
you don't need the System folder when flashing the F_Core.dat,
format your microsd (preferable 1 - 4 GB) to fat32 , download and unzip the 1.6 core to your microsd then do the flash process
see if it works
this doesn't seem to work for both my 1GB and 2GB microsds. both came up with a solid red light during the flashing process

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
How did you format the SD card ?? - Windows own format or 'Panasonic Formatter'
If you used Windows - try the panasonic formatter instead. I've read that Windows don't follow the 'proper' sd format procedure

Have you made sure the SD card is in the M3i0 correctly - apparently earlier versions of the flashcard had 'contact issues' (try squeezing the front/back of the m3i0 where the card is MIGHT help - just don't squeeze TOO hard)

Have you a SDHC card ?? - I updated my m3i0 using a 8gb one & that worked fine

4412on108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how strange... my m3 started blinking. i left both the cable and the m3 inside the m3 yesterday (after multiple unsuccessful attempts to flash it) and for reason it worked today... oh well. i am very grateful for everyone who had tried to help me THANK YOU!
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.