Hacking TriiForce beta testing

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
wichoxp can I ask what method you used to switch the slot of the cIOS. Did you use the method described in this thread or the one me and you spoke about ? (btw it's handy for some unrelated softchip stuff too)

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Finally here
ph34r.gif
! ...

cIOS199

Link: [Download cIOS199]
(Use wad manager for install it)

Triiforce r74
for cIOS199/cIOS199 rev14

Link: [Download Triiforce r74]
Source: [Get the sourcecode]

NeoGamma R8 beta15
for cIOS199 rev14

Link: [Download NeoGamma R8 beta15]
Source: [Get the sourcecode]

Slimmmmmm said:
wichoxp can I ask what method you used to switch the slot of the cIOS. Did you use the method described in this thread or the one me and you spoke about ? (btw it's handy for some unrelated softchip stuff too)
Yes, I used your method combined with other ones. Thanks
smile.gif
!

See ya!

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
xflak40 said:
just to clarify, the version of neogamma and triiforce u posted both use and require your cIOS199, correct?
Yes, that's right
smile.gif
!...

QUOTEIf there isn't an cios199 on the wii, will it try loading a different ios or will it just fail?
They simply won't work (as happened when you didn't had 249 installed on previous versions).

See ya!

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
metroid4life14 said:
possibly a dumb question, but is r74 capable of resetting to sysmenu successfully?
StartPatch > "Remove Health Check" option (this can simulate the resetting very well
rolleyes.gif
)...

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
xflak40 said:
wha??? I think he was asking if this version can reboot with hooks properly... not sure what startpatch has to do with this though.... now i'm a bit confused...???
He is talking about Triiforce (r74)... and yes, you're very confused right now
rofl2.gif
!!!

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm referring to what happens when you attempt to exit to sysmenu during nand emulation. On v7 that I'm using now, exiting to sysmenu gives a blackscreen (as for everyone else, if you read a few pages earlier).

Someone apparently found a fix for this though, and I was wondering if this is implemented in r74.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
No, it doesn't do that yet... hopefully, it will be added on Triiforce future releases.
Meanwhile, you can try with the StartPatch suggested option.

See ya!

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
xflak40 said:
wha??? I think he was asking if this version can reboot with hooks properly... not sure what startpatch has to do with this though.... now i'm a bit confused...???

Reboot with hooks == Start system menu with Ocarina/Wiird handler active which will hook into the game you launch from disc channel then.

rooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I switched to using an FSToolbox dump a week ago, after I read on here about missing files affecting certain games with the simple dump.
It was a vast improvement obviously, including the missing files for some games like Driift that just wouldn't run with the smaller dump.

But I have found that the NAND dump on my SD has issues on a friend's Wii (softmodded the same as mine) :-
His WiiRemotes desync every time when trying to use my NAND dump games launched via Triiforce mrc on my SD card.
Presumably this is down to his Wii switching in my copy of the NAND which includes my current WiiRemote sync info, which obviously doesn't match the sync info in his WiiRemotes.

[I got a similar thing to happen on my system when I renamed a folders inside Sys in the NAND dump to see what would happen!
- when I renamed the folder back, my Wiiremote would not sync. The only way I could resolve this was to resync in the System menu. redump the NAND, then reinstall games to the emued NAND.]

So, I'm assuming that the only easy way to get all my VC / Wiiware running on his via triiforce is to do a complete dump of his NAND instead of mine (to ensure his correct WiiRemote sync info is dumped) and reinstall the same games on his SD card !?

Anyone else had sync issues when trying to start triiforce games with your SD/HD in someone else's Wii like this? Or know an easier workaround?
blink.gif

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rooster said:
I switched to using an FSToolbox dump a week ago, after I read on here about missing files affecting certain games with the simple dump.
It was a vast improvement obviously, including the missing files for some games like Driift that just wouldn't run with the smaller dump.

But I have found that the NAND dump on my SD has issues on a friend's Wii (softmodded the same as mine) :-
His WiiRemotes desync every time when trying to use my NAND dump games launched via Triiforce mrc on my SD card.
Presumably this is down to his Wii switching in my copy of the NAND which includes my current WiiRemote sync info, which obviously doesn't match the sync info in his WiiRemotes.

[I got a similar thing to happen on my system when I renamed a folders inside Sys in the NAND dump to see what would happen!
- when I renamed the folder back, my Wiiremote would not sync. The only way I could resolve this was to resync in the System menu. redump the NAND, then reinstall games to the emued NAND.]

So, I'm assuming that the only easy way to get all my VC / Wiiware running on his via triiforce is to do a complete dump of his NAND instead of mine (to ensure his correct WiiRemote sync info is dumped) and reinstall the same games on his SD card !?

Anyone else had sync issues when trying to start triiforce games with your SD/HD in someone else's Wii like this? Or know an easier workaround?
blink.gif
You know I have ran across the desync all the time cause I have 2 Wii's and I use the same HD for both. I never even thought about the fact that it could have been the nand dump holding the controller specific codes for a specific Wii. Duh..I feel dumb. It doesn't happen all the time though, just some Wii and a few triiforce games do it, not all of them. Wonder why that is...????

air2004

Air
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
beta 7:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7341

Official Channel(beta 5):
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m3jgxgnjcw5
(It's a forwarder that looks on sd card, if there's no .dol found, it loads the integrated beta5 .dol)

beta 6
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7239

beta 5:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6705

beta 4:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6680
(added nand emu, fall back to nand loader if no main.dol is found)

beta 3:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6621
(fixed language patches, fixed time/date, added video mode patches)

beta 2:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6599
(fixed WiiWare region, ignoring titles starting with U now)

beta 1:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6598

Q: What is TriiForce?
A: It's a VC/WiiWare launcher that launches channels that are installed on nand or nand emu. Support for 4.0 sd menu won't be implemented.
Coders are: Nicksasa, The Lemon Man and WiiPower.
Graphics(HBC, app and channel) by Empyr69er

Q: Is the nand emu dangerous?
A: It *should* not be dangerous, but since this is the 1st app to really use it, noboy can say that for sure. If you don't have BootMii as boot2, wait until enough guinea pigs tested it.

Q: What's to test NOW?(will be updated with each new version)
A: Nothing.

Q: Where does the forwarder look?
A: It looks on sd:/apps/TriiForce/boot.dol first and then sd:/TriiFrorce/boot.dol. If both do not exist, it launches the integrated .dol.

Requirements for TriiForce:
- a cIOS installed, rev7 or higher should work

Requirements for nand emu:
- cIOS rev14

Known bugs:
- (Not a bug, but people complain:) Some VC/WiiWare titles from the wrong region can only be played with "Default Video Mode" and is in wrong colors then, and maybe has a jumping screen
- Some VC/WiiWare freezes with a black screen when started with certain video modes. The reason for this is still totally unclear.
- video mode patches don't work
- returning to wii menu doesn't work with enabled nand emu
- bugs related to tries to mount sd or usb as nand when the device is not connected or does not have a FAT partition

If that is what it is , its pointless

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@wichoxp, I semi-tested your cios199 apps yesterday (I say semi-test because unfortunately I got interrupted before doing all the tests I would like) and so far I found 1 issue

When I used neogamma+cios199 to launch a gamecube multi-iso disk it would not load wiigator's gamecube launcher (other version's of neogamma + cios249 rev14 + SAME DISK would forward to the gamecube launcher menu). Instead the wii was making weird sounds trying to read the disk.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I have the following tests planned for when I get home from work today
1) try launching a backup wii disk, and see if that works
2) install cios249 rev14 to slot 199 and retry launching GC/Wii backup disks (i already modified a wad of cios249 to install to slot 199)

if your version doesn't launch wii games AND Gamcube games I think i will stick to official neogamma + cios249 rev14

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
xflak40 said:
@wichoxp, I semi-tested your cios199 apps yesterday (I say semi-test because unfortunately I got interrupted before doing all the tests I would like) and so far I found 1 issue

When I used neogamma+cios199 to launch a gamecube multi-iso disk it would not load wiigator's gamecube launcher (other version's of neogamma + cios249 rev14 + SAME DISK would forward to the gamecube launcher menu). Instead the wii was making weird sounds trying to read the disk.

if your version doesn't launch wii games AND Gamcube games I think i will stick to official neogamma + cios249 rev14
That issue comes from the compiled version of Neogamma (R8 beta15) that I did, not from cIOS199. I just made few/minimal changes that WiiPower told me (replacing 249 to 199 for example) but I didn't changed all the sourcecode from Neogamma (I not an expert on this stuff). So, I published the modified Neogamma's sourcecode because I dunno what other changes should be made on this app.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
what other changes to the code did u make? couldn't u have used cios 249 rev14 in slot 199 instead and only changed the neogamma code to use that ios slot?

your cios199, is it just cios249 rev 15 installed to slot 199? no other changes right? why did u decide to use rev 15 of the cios anyway?

r u sure its not the cios? because i know cios rev 15 has compatibility issues with neogamma, and since your cios is based on rev 15 wouldn't it have the same problem? Unless you modified the specific "troublesome" neogamma line of code i would think it would not work

hopefully i'll have more tests done before my next post on this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NicoXChan, welcome