Hacking TriiForce beta testing

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be cool guys(@everyone) it was just a simple/wondering question, not a "hey get to it" statement. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows, I/we/everyone appreciates the hard work and dedication that has went into Triiforce. I depend on this app for my kids or I wouldn't have asked. It's to bad as of yet we don't have the source. Will it ever be released you think ??? Anyone ???

EDIT:
@ WiiPower
If we reported/posted code dumps(pictures) would that help you in anyway to decipher the problems with cIOS16 ?? Just trying to help guys.

wichoxp

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Veristical Blaze said:
Why push people who are working on a free base, wichoxp?
I'm not pushing nobody. I'm also working over Triiforce base code to make loaders from it.
I thought WiiPower could get the code easier since he's working with cIOS base code, but seems it's difficult to get the new code.

@ WiiPower: Is there a way to use a different custom IOS (new cIOS maybe?) to make Triiforce work since rev16 is not compatible
blink.gif
?

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wichoxp said:
@ WiiPower: Is there a way to use a different custom IOS (new cIOS maybe?) to make Triiforce work since rev16 is not compatible
blink.gif
?
@ WiiPower or someone who knows.
Interesting, a question, would it be possible to somehow install cIOS14 in a dormant place, say as 25x or somewhere and have Triiforce call on it from there for usb/sd emulation allowing you to keep cIOS16 in 249/250. ??

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ChokeD said:
wichoxp said:
blink.gif
?
Interesting, a question, would it be possible to somehow install cIOS14 in a dormant place, say as 25x or somewhere and have Triiforce call on it from there for usb/sd emulation allowing you to keep cIOS16 in 249/250. ??
sure why not

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading through all of the pages of this thread and another one, I still have one question.

Can anyone re-boot back to the Wii Menu or HBC when running Triiforce after they run any NES, SNES or SEGA VC titles?

I have everything running smoothly with the exception of being able to exit a VC game once I start it.
Most every VC game I'm tried runs, but I have to hard reset the wii to exit the game else I get a blackscreen/lockup.

I've tried the "Press 2 on save and make sure it's set to re-boot to the wii menu", but no go, just a black screen on every VC game exit.

When running wiiware, I can exit the games by pressing Home then selecting Reset, which reboots the entire wii, not just the game like it normally does.
Selecting 'Return to Menu' just hangs on a black screen.
This is fine to me as it beats getting up and holding down the powert button.

I'm only asking this so I know whether to continue trying to fix it or just leave it be.

No matter what, Triiforce is a huge step in the right direction.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChokeD said:
wichoxp said:
blink.gif
?
Sure, if you don't know how to change the IOS slot manually use Showmiiwads to install the cios into another slot and the change the ios reload line(s) in triiforce to your new slot.

ChokeD

The Contributor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mousex said:
ChokeD said:
Sure, if you don't know how to change the IOS slot manually use Showmiiwads to install the cios into another slot and the change the ios reload line(s) in triiforce to your new slot.

OK, please forgive the ignorance here, I know how to use Showmiiwads but I'm not sure which ios slot would be a good choice. Which would you (WiiPower, nicksasa, mousex) advise using if I were to store cIOS14 for a purpose like this. I'll take a look at the wiki but an opinion would be appreciated. Also, I'll look at the source of Triiforce but I haven't messed with code in a while.
smile.gif

EDIT: ok I found the

CODE
//printheadline();
//gfx_draw_image(f32 xpos, f32 ypos, u16 width, u16 height, GXTexObj texObj, float degrees, float scaleX, f32 scaleY, u8 alpha )
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂIOS_ReloadIOS(249);
in the main.c , is this the only place I need to change it ??? I couldn't find a reload anywhere else.

mmoore5553

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i still have the same issue with exiting the game. I have loaded it on 3 wii's and have no problems at all . Just when exiting hangs. I have tried everything i can think of on all three wii's. If anyone has a clue please let me know ...

WIIpower

I am willing to make a donation of 20 dollars for a real fix.

pcr20

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mmoore5553 said:
i still have the same issue with exiting the game. I have loaded it on 3 wii's and have no problems at all . Just when exiting hangs. I have tried everything i can think of on all three wii's. If anyone has a clue please let me know ...

WIIpower

I am willing to make a donation of 20 dollars for a real fix.
I have the same exact problem as you and i suspect everyone else does too.

I noticed that even on the youtube vidieos they never show it returning back to the home brew or main page.
Hey if this is how it works it fine with me. i love this program even if it stays the same.

but... i'll triple your offer on getting it fixed if that helps
smile.gif

--edit--

I just reread the 1st post on this thead and saw it says

'' returning to wii menu doesn't work with enabled nand emu ''
That was written back in october 2009 by wiipower - one of the people who made triiforce.

This means that the blackscreen exit is the way it works.
I did find its faster to not try and exit a game before you hold down the power button on the wii to exit vc games.

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
tpb8675309 said:
giantpune said:
would somebody like to test this out? i created a .app with dolboot to be copied to the system menu location of emulated nand. the dol *hopefully* will break the nand emulation and will allow you to exit games without blackscreen. to use this, you will need to dump the system menu folders to your nand dump. then just overwrite the system menu .app with this one. http://www.mediafire.com/?nky3wmzmlyr
the .app to save this as will be different for different system menu versions.
You Rock! Totally fixed my exit issues. I'm on Priiloader r15 so my my system menu *.app files are non-standard.

For those with this issue. Here's what I did.

Grab the output.app1 file from the link provided.
grab your USB-NAND disk.
go to /title/00000001/00000002/content
note the name of any file larger than 5k and put this file in their place.

For example...

/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000073.app = 611k (I think it's priioader)
/title/00000001/00000002/content/10000073.app = 3778k (the orig system menu app before priiloader)
/title/00000001/00000002/content/00000072.app = 6250k (dont know, don't care... clobber it)
copy output.app1 /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000073.app
copy output.app1 /title/00000001/00000002/content/10000073.app (redundant, but who cares)
copy output.app1 /title/00000001/00000002/content/00000072.app

try again and all is peaches!

awesome hack... thx.

How did you create your nand dump? Cos it don't make a blind bit of difference here - exit game via "Return to Wii Menu" = Black screen and frozen Wii
frown.gif
same as always

pcr20

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
How did you create your nand dump? Cos it don't make a blind bit of difference here - exit game via "Return to Wii Menu" = Black screen and frozen Wii same as always

I tried this and it only helps with n64, vc-arcade and wiiware and even then not with all of them.
When it works-it goes back to the home brew channel even if you didnt run triiforce from there.

Do your wiiware titles do the same as mine-- to exit you use home+reset, not home+return_to_menu ?
On mine home+reset resets the entire wii back to the main screen-just like a re-boot does.

I did notice that you can tell which games will lockup if you try to exit.
every game that restarts the game when you use home+reset will blackscreen with home+return_to_menu.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i might look into loading the HBC stub instead of the menu you get when you press home, but dont expect anything ! im just saying i will look into it

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
pcr20 said:
QUOTE said:
How did you create your nand dump? Cos it don't make a blind bit of difference here - exit game via "Return to Wii Menu" = Black screen and frozen Wii same as always

I tried this and it only helps with n64, vc-arcade and wiiware and even then not with all of them.
When it works-it goes back to the home brew channel even if you didnt run triiforce from there.

Do your wiiware titles do the same as mine-- to exit you use home+reset, not home+return_to_menu ?
On mine home+reset resets the entire wii back to the main screen-just like a re-boot does.

I did notice that you can tell which games will lockup if you try to exit.
every game that restarts the game when you use home+reset will blackscreen with home+return_to_menu.

I have been using home then reset to exit from all 54 wiiware titles installed. I have more titles but these 54 were chosen because they do not reset the software when reset is chosen but reset the machine instead, and so all can be exited in the same way. I had read somewhere that the usual way of exiting COULD be achieved by modifying some files on the nand dump and thought that this might have been the method that had been rumoured. As you say, the VERY FIRST INSTANCE after installing this file the WII did reset - to the HBC (although I did not come from there). Since then it has failed to make any difference at all. So none of my games reset the software but it still fails with all of them
frown.gif
I'm not really surprised - if the problem could be fixed that easily I guess it would have been fixed by now
wink.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Datalogger

Living the Dream
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tristar said:
I have been using home then reset to exit from all 54 wiiware titles installed. I have more titles but these 54 were chosen because they do not reset the software when reset is chosen but reset the machine instead, and so all can be exited in the same way. I had read somewhere that the usual way of exiting COULD be achieved by modifying some files on the nand dump and thought that this might have been the method that had been rumoured. As you say, the VERY FIRST INSTANCE after installing this file the WII did reset - to the HBC (although I did not come from there). Since then it has failed to make any difference at all. So none of my games reset the software but it still fails with all of them
frown.gif
I'm not really surprised - if the problem could be fixed that easily I guess it would have been fixed by now
wink.gif

Do those 54 working wiiware wads all use the same ios? (Like either IOS33 or IOS53)....

Also, does anyone know of any title wiiWare or VC, that actually resets the game and can exit back to the menu?

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Smyers76 said:
Do those 54 working wiiware wads all use the same ios? (Like either IOS33 or IOS53)....

Also, does anyone know of any title wiiWare or VC, that actually resets the game and can exit back to the menu?

They use IOS 33,35,36,37,53 or 55.

From what I've read no game will exit back to the menu from a nand emu. The information available suggests that this is not a fault of Triiforce, as once the game has been loaded and started Triiforce has no further influence on the system. I am not really into the Wii programming so I can only share what I have read, but cannot confirm or explain any of it. The problem seems to be that once the game tries to exit the system menu is then launched but does not actually exist in the nand emu hence the freeze. That is why the theory of somehow calling a dol to reset the system which has replaced the nand system menu files seemed logical. Trouble is there seems to be some confusion as to where / if there is actually a 'nand system menu' to replace. There MUST be something in the idea though, because my wii DID actually reboot ONCE (not really reboot - it went to HBC and not system menu, still it didn't freeze).

pcr20

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nicksasa said:
i might look into loading the HBC stub instead of the menu you get when you press home, but dont expect anything ! im just saying i will look into it
Hi nicksasa,
Thanks so much for posting your reply.
This gives us some hope for a fix someday!

Even if it the restart never does get repaired-triiforce works great!
My hat is off to you and the others that build this fine software.

My wish is a happy new year to you and everyone you know and to say thank you for making this great program for all of us to enjoy!

Without people like you the wii would just be a boring white box under my tv that i would ignore.

rooster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an easy way I can take a Bit Trip Core save game from my real NAND and put it on my emued NAND without redumping everything?

I only read the part about Core working with a save game after I dumped my NAND! Anyone know where the save would be?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6v3cT3b59A&t=12s