ROM Hack Triangle Strategy modding

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why thank you. Has some exploration already been done?

OK so, I'm starting with this, I'll see if I can get started and keep posting.

ok, so, I'm already having issues getting the game files out of the NSP with HACtool, happy for help, if any.

Error I get: "Wrong quanity of *.tik file in ExtractedNSP folder. Extracting canceled."

EDIT: so, I should have the files out. Now just to see if I can get them out.

Last edited by Dark_Ansem,

Angelus3K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried using the cheat codes for Triangle Strategy but seem to have no effect. I’m not sure if it makes a different but although the TID matches the BID doesn’t?

Attachments

• 0C8279BF-1FF4-4F80-B1BF-85B0F06FAF9A.jpeg
    0C8279BF-1FF4-4F80-B1BF-85B0F06FAF9A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this isn't modding per say, but I wrote a script to grab all battle texts in all chapters of the game.

Attachments

• Battle_Text.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: khuong

MarvinXLII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually pretty simple to add characters to your roster. I guess the question is when you want them added, because that will affect their level. Alternatively, characters recruited through character stories could just be unlocked earlier by reducing the convictions needed.

White013

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone, I need a new game save + for yuzu, if by chance someone has finished the game can you share it please?

Thank you !!!

Last edited by White013,

White013

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry boss,

Hello everyone, I need a new game save + for yuzu, if by chance someone has finished the game can you share it please?

Thank you !!!

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Has anyone gotten the 1.0.3 update to work on yuzu? I get stuck on "Launching" after loading the shaders. I tried purging the old shaders but still doesn't work. 1.0.2 works perfectly.

zoiwillxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone managed to make gameplay mods work? I have modded the contents of DataTables and tried both repacking and without repacking the .pak file, but either way, neither yuzu or ryu reads my changes.

Yes, when I repacked I did rename it with _p at the end so it reads as a patch.

If anyone managed to make gameplay mods work, let me know how you did it. Maybe I edited the wrong file, or used the wrong directory, just let me know how to do it if you were able to.

zoiwillxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone managed to make gameplay mods work? I have modded the contents of DataTables and tried both repacking and without repacking the .pak file, but either way, neither yuzu or ryu reads my changes.

If anyone managed to make gameplay mods work, let me know how you did it. Maybe I edited the wrong file, or used the wrong directory, just let me know how to do it if you were able to.

xCentus

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've been fiddling with these settings, but I can't seem to be able to match octopath travellers look, could someone throw me a config that's as close as I can get?

MarvinXLII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I have gotten mods to work. Here are some common mistakes I've heard of and/or have made myself:
  • Omitting a folder for the name of the mod on yuzu. The path to your pak file should be in something like ..../yuzu/load/<title ID>/<mod name>/romfs/Newera/Contents/Paks/. Your mod name should appear under "Add-ons" and make sure it is selected (no "[D]").
  • Having the wrong title ID in the path. If I'm not mistaken they can be region dependent. An easy way to double check your title ID is just to dump the game skeleton in yuzu.
  • Testing a pak that actually has no files in it. Try unpacking your mod pak to make sure it contains the files.
  • Mods might not work when starting from a save file. This has happened to me a bit when modding abilities. You might need to gain a level before new abilities appear, or just start a new game.
The first mod I recommend making (and even keeping in your mod for testing purposes) is to change the "Press Any Button" text on the main screen in the file GOP_Text_Common. You'll know whether or not your mod works right off the bat.

Last edited by MarvinXLII,

ggforall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did anyone figure out a way to make the crown appear on the title screen without playing a playthrough on hard. (Check any event flags or something like that.

zoiwillxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I have gotten mods to work. Here are some common mistakes I've heard of and/or have made myself:
  • Omitting a folder for the name of the mod on yuzu. The path to your pak file should be in something like ..../yuzu/load/<title ID>/<mod name>/romfs/Newera/Contents/Paks/. Your mod name should appear under "Add-ons" and make sure it is selected (no "[D]").
  • Having the wrong title ID in the path. If I'm not mistaken they can be region dependent. An easy way to double check your title ID is just to dump the game skeleton in yuzu.
  • Testing a pak that actually has no files in it. Try unpacking your mod pak to make sure it contains the files.
  • Mods might not work when starting from a save file. This has happened to me a bit when modding abilities. You might need to gain a level before new abilities appear, or just start a new game.
The first mod I recommend making (and even keeping in your mod for testing purposes) is to change the "Press Any Button" text on the main screen in the file GOP_Text_Common. You'll know whether or not your mod works right off the bat.
Can you share your gameplay .pak that works with me? I can't make it work and I have checked, everything seems in order. I want to see if I am making something wrong when trying to load the mod on my emulators. I am sure I am not doing anything wrong but I need a control file.

If you are not comfortable sharing your changes, can you just share a .pak with the vanilla contents of "..\Newera\Content\Newera\Data\DataTables\" that can be read by the emulator so I can check if I am just being stupid?

Thank you for the help.

zoiwillxxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you share your gameplay .pak that works with me? I can't make it work and I have checked, everything seems in order. I want to see if I am making something wrong when trying to load the mod on my emulators. I am sure I am not doing anything wrong but I need a control file.

If you are not comfortable sharing your changes, can you just share a .pak with the vanilla contents of "..\Newera\Content\Newera\Data\DataTables\" that can be read by the emulator so I can check if I am just being stupid?

Thank you for the help.

*Edit: I don't know why my posts are being duplicated - It isn't on purpose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E