ROM Hack Triangle Strategy modding

MarvinXLII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't impossible, but unlike OT and BD2, it would be a huge undertaking. The saved data have some differences in their data structure. It would require fully parsing all data from a switch save file and reorganizing it to the PC format. I tried a while ago, couldn't make sense of all of it, and gave up.

Dark_Ansem

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It isn't impossible, but unlike OT and BD2, it would be a huge undertaking. The saved data have some differences in their data structure. It would require fully parsing all data from a switch save file and reorganizing it to the PC format. I tried a while ago, couldn't make sense of all of it, and gave up.
painful. Are there any repositories of semi-complete data around?

GoatToHeal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Just hopping in as I wanted to ask how progress on the PC version currently is.
I would love a simple mod someday to just remove the XP dampening to allow grinding if a player wants to.

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@khuong, the recruitment and leveling are done via lua scripts. I modified the 1st chapter script to call the recruitment function for all characters. For certain characters, they were either at set levels (i.e. Anna at Level 2) or has a formula based on current level (i.e. Avlora is current level + 2) so I also updated that file to be entirely set at level 1. Compiled the lua scripts and utilized the Unreal Engine pak patching method.

@Dark_Ansem, no, this is just having everyone recruited at level 1 at the beginning of a fresh new game. The level edits I had made previously was just a test.

I've attached the save file (NG Hard).

I've also attached the mod file. If you want to test this, start a new game, wait until you are able to open the Roster screen, save, and remove the mod file. I suspect this will also work for PC versions. Maybe someone can try it out.
Could you please tell me how you work with .lub files? I tried to search for .lub decryption/ decompiling, tried "unluac" can decompile for example your script but not the scripts from the switch version and I'm completely lost at the .lub files from the PC version.
How do I decrypt them? @MarvinXLII, do you maybe know?

Last edited by pandavova,

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Current build is "9CB4490E8A718BAE" v1.1.0 and there seem to be no cheats out there for this build. I was hoping to revisit the game and work on some alternate paths, but I don't want to be held back by the gameplay at this time.

Anyone got some advice for me? Last build with cheats I found was "F7C20294EFF7E6FA"

Wtdragoon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So regarding the recruit everyone at level 1 mod at beginning. Is this functioning on PC (steam) do we just move the zip files to the game folder and it’s done? Sorry noob here

gh0stslayr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wtdragoon, I am unsure as I do not have the PC version. You are free to try it out and see if it works. Since this is the PC version, I am assuming that the .pak file will go into Triangle Strategy\Newera\Content\Paks\~mods

Let me know if that works.

Coolmotif30

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@khuong, the recruitment and leveling are done via lua scripts. I modified the 1st chapter script to call the recruitment function for all characters. For certain characters, they were either at set levels (i.e. Anna at Level 2) or has a formula based on current level (i.e. Avlora is current level + 2) so I also updated that file to be entirely set at level 1. Compiled the lua scripts and utilized the Unreal Engine pak patching method.

@Dark_Ansem, no, this is just having everyone recruited at level 1 at the beginning of a fresh new game. The level edits I had made previously was just a test.

I've attached the save file (NG Hard).

I've also attached the mod file. If you want to test this, start a new game, wait until you are able to open the Roster screen, save, and remove the mod file. I suspect this will also work for PC versions. Maybe someone can try it out.
Any idea if this save file works with the new Triangle Strategy update that happened?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.