ROM Hack [Translation] Labyrinth no Kanata (Beyond the Labyrinth)

fate1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I saw how this game is actually translated and i can play it and downloaded it. but is the translation complete by now and polished? The game seems really interesting story wise. I can see why maybe we didn't get it, Its pretty creepy and weird in a odd way from what i saw on youtube, it must of been a gamble to localize since it has a lot to translate so im surprised someone translated it here. I just want to know if 1.1 is the finished translation so i know im playing the complete best translation. If its still being worked on i will wait.

Last edited by fate1122,

Nazosan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But isn't julian20's sysupdater the safest thing already?
You can't screw up with it unless you use wrong cia pack.
Cheers.
You can still get soft-bricks even with the right stuff. But if you don't follow instructions pretty carefully it IS possible to get a hard brick still. More than anything else though, all I'm saying is that it is theoretically possible for something to go wrong somehow. For instance, say you drop the system and the battery loosens just enough to lose power for that split second making the system reboot or shut off. Or maybe some bug no one has ever triggered before in sysUpdater. Who knows? All I'm doing is saying a little caution is necessary and it's important to not do this if you're completely unwilling to take even that tiny bit of risk.

Oh, and on Japanese N3DS consoles if you don't remove that one title from the updates folder then you're screwed.

Hello I saw how this game is actually translated and i can play it and downloaded it.
You know you're in a thread about that? You can find the answer to that question right here where you already are...

*Cough* Anyway, yes, it is actually translated.

but is the translation complete by now and polished?
No. I have no complaints about the quality, but there's a fair bit of random chatter between characters that isn't part of the story which isn't translated. All the important stuff and quite a lot of that unimportant stuff is translated however.

The game seems really interesting story wise. I can see why maybe we didn't get it, Its pretty creepy and weird in a odd way from what i saw on youtube, it must of been a gamble to localize since it has a lot to translate so im surprised someone translated it here.
It wouldn't have been a gamble, but, no, no one localized it. It's more about the gameplay than anything else. It's kind of niche in a lot of ways. I don't see where you're getting the creepy stuff though. (Besides, something like Shin Megami Tensei has to be a lot more "creepy.")

I just want to know if 1.1 is the finished translation so i know im playing the complete best translation. If its still being worked on i will wait.
Doesn't look like anything new will be coming out any time soon. For now this is it probably. Take it or leave it.

Also is there really a issue with rxtools and names , why?
Again answered in this very thread -- at least as well as anyone can answer. It's suspected to be a problem with how it patches things, but who knows?

Last edited by Nazosan,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but there's a fair bit of random chatter between characters that isn't part of the story which isn't translated.
It's 100% translated.
I played the game and didn't encounter any japanese text.
I played 1.0 and didn't even noticed 1.1 was released. He probably fixed the few issues I reported here while playing it.
There won't be another update, because it's not needed. the translation is complete and polished now.

fate1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still get soft-bricks even with the right stuff. But if you don't follow instructions pretty carefully it IS possible to get a hard brick still. More than anything else though, all I'm saying is that it is theoretically possible for something to go wrong somehow. For instance, say you drop the system and the battery loosens just enough to lose power for that split second making the system reboot or shut off. Or maybe some bug no one has ever triggered before in sysUpdater. Who knows? All I'm doing is saying a little caution is necessary and it's important to not do this if you're completely unwilling to take even that tiny bit of risk.

Oh, and on Japanese N3DS consoles if you don't remove that one title from the updates folder then you're screwed.

You know you're in a thread about that? You can find the answer to that question right here where you already are...

*Cough* Anyway, yes, it is actually translated.

No. I have no complaints about the quality, but there's a fair bit of random chatter between characters that isn't part of the story which isn't translated. All the important stuff and quite a lot of that unimportant stuff is translated however.

It wouldn't have been a gamble, but, no, no one localized it. It's more about the gameplay than anything else. It's kind of niche in a lot of ways. I don't see where you're getting the creepy stuff though. (Besides, something like Shin Megami Tensei has to be a lot more "creepy.")

Doesn't look like anything new will be coming out any time soon. For now this is it probably. Take it or leave it.

Again answered in this very thread -- at least as well as anyone can answer. It's suspected to be a problem with how it patches things, but who knows?
It's 100% translated.
I played the game and didn't encounter any japanese text.
I played 1.0 and didn't even noticed 1.1 was released. He probably fixed the few issues I reported here while playing it.
There won't be another update, because it's not needed. the translation is complete and polished now.

Ok thanks guys, cool to know its polished, will try it out. maybe its not "creepy" from what i saw just had some horror like music when you go from 2d to 3d I guess plus the girl bumps into like its actually you playing.

fate1122

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in order to get the names with a CIA version of the game right i have to dump everything on the root of the sd card (even though i have a translated CIA already) and then install BootNTR? can i delete all the files later?

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloaded the patch and it works great, but unfortunately I have the name issue since I'm running through RXTools, but BootNTR doesn't work for me unfortunately. Is there any other way to replace my save file with fixed names?

dustluv22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Same problem here. BootNTR ironically won't boot itself. Incompatible firmware it said. Can I use a standard save file and use Save Data Filer?

Ps. If this was answered in the thread I apologize I'm using my phone and I can't find the search for this thread just the site.

Pss. Great job on the game. I love seeing these projects. Though... Couldn't you have recorded English dialog for the girl so I know what she's saying...? *Just a joke* keep up the amazing work!!!

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Same problem here. BootNTR ironically won't boot itself. Incompatible firmware it said. Can I use a standard save file and use Save Data Filer?

Ps. If this was answered in the thread I apologize I'm using my phone and I can't find the search for this thread just the site.

Pss. Great job on the game. I love seeing these projects. Though... Couldn't you have recorded English dialog for the girl so I know what she's saying...? *Just a joke* keep up the amazing work!!!
Pss. Enable subtitles for the cinematic scenes on the options menu.

Reactions: dustluv22

dustluv22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pss. Enable subtitles for the cinematic scenes on the options menu.
Oh I was just joking about understanding the girl. Dumb me didn't even think to look for subtitles because everything else pretty much was. Lol Thanks sarkwalvein!

Now just to figure out how to get the names to appear.

Last edited by dustluv22,

AttackOtter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out the problem with BootNTR. Basically it just doesn't work with RXTools. I downloaded a spinoff version of BootNTR and it works, granted I'm much farther in the game now so not much point in erasing my save at this point lol

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Known bugs/issues:
- Character names sometimes won't appear depending on your method of launching the game.
* NOTE: I've gotten a report that the latest version of NTR CFW (3.0) works when using plugins to set the region to Japanese or something like that.
Can anyone confirm this works?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!