1. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Thank you so much, bahamut920. [​IMG]
    Sorry, I also forgot to post here that it was completed.

2. rastsan

rastsan 8 baller, Death Wizard,

Canada
    Partial patch for Zoids battle coloseum has been released. All that is left really is doing the script for that one. So I'd update that completion to about 40%

I stumbled through my old files and found an old patch by throughhim... something for dungeon of windaria. I have been working on a graphical patch for that to help understand it a little more. let me know if you want his patch and my patch which is an update to his.

Uh work on 7th dragon is still well dragging.

Fujimori no tarot - even though its not my project I think I may have to start a new thread as shipuh has taken since the middle of last year to respond to my original inquiry (pm) as to being in their thread, the last pm was a while ago and still no response. So, I f I can remember I'll pm you (bahamut) when and if I have to start a new thread for this one.

like fujimori - Itadaki street Ds is on hold til I get some form of script back. The graphics are taking forever to dump edit and insert. So nothing at all in the form of progress to list for this one right now.

Duel love has a custom compression that I can't get past. Way past time I asked for help with it, just don't know who to ask.

I also have a map hack for sim city creator just a file replacement with/and an edit of the beginning maps for the main game and for the ones for the non story play. Didn't think it worthy of posting/ hope I still have the good maps.
    sigh...

3. Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess The Ninja's Protégée

United States
    First patch for Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Season [​IMG]

80% of the game.

First patch

4. bahamut920

OP bahamut920 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Noted. I'll update when I have time.

[Edit] Update: Added SaGa 2 and TMGS2 patches. Also, from now on, this thread will be updated by request only. In other words, when the head of a translation project posts in this thread about their project, I will add or update information about it as necessary. Keeping up with all of the translations on this message board is simply too much for me alone. This information will be added to the first post.

I would like to request that if you do not have a translation project, do not post in this thread.

5. bahamut920

United States
    Update:

New Project
    Blood of Bahamut
    Project Head: Densetsu9000
    In Progress - No Release
    Topic

Also, I would like to reiterate that if you have a project that you would like to see represented here, or if the status of a project you already have listed here changes, please post in this thread about it. I don't have as much time as I did when I started this index, and I can't go hunting through the forums for new projects and/or updates on old ones. I can, however, receive information and keep it organized and easy to find; I plan to stop by once a week or so to check this thread, and update if necessary. However, this will require the cooperation of those responsible for a project's news updates; you'll have to post here, as well.

6. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    Do translations need to have a GBATemp topic...? Here's one that isn't listed.

[​IMG]

Game: Hakuouki DS (J)
    Project Head: nimuetranslations
    Project Status: Recruiting, Hiatus

Patch v.1.00

Official Translation Site
    http://hakuouki.wordpress.com/

Latest Update from nimuetranslations:
    A real shame, but hopefully this can get the word out a bit so it doesn't turn into the oh-so-familiar dead wood.

7. Zarcon

Zarcon .:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
    Former Staff

Canada
    That blog is depressing.
    "Hey guys, I'm not dead, time to get back to work!"
    -months later-
    "I'm not dead, I've just been so busy."
    -months later-
    "Still alive, don't mind me, haven't done any work, but I'll get right on it!"

And also, direct quote, and this should be pretty telling of the kind of person this is.
    I'm not telling people not to help with the project, just fair warning about the kind of person you'd be working with.
    Would probably be better just to start up your own project.

It used to be people would translate games for fun and any mirror translations would just be fun competition and more options for the end user.
    Now it's all just a way to grab some fame, makes me depressed.

8. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    Seriously, she made 1st page on the "Hakuouki" google search with her insane page views. I've stated she should just make it open for translation.
    Just post her materials and let someone pick up the project yet she claims she wants to do it herself. Hell, they made a new Hakuouki game on DS within the time she took. Oh, wait. Make that two. I guess all we can really do is have hope... Or learn Japanese. ...I'd choose the latter.

9. jjjewel

jjjewel GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I don't think many players care though. As long as they can play the game, it doesn't matter much why the translators/group work on it. [​IMG] It's pretty rare for otome games to get translated, so anyone attempting to work on them should at least get some moral support. [​IMG] It's more depressing to me to see discouraging comments like this, but anyway, people have different opinions.

10. Phoenix Goddess

United States

11. bahamut920

United States
    But yes, this is a discussion for another thread.

12. gonzab

gonzab GBAtemp Regular

How many complete translations of DS games are there? I know about half a dozen. SNES and NES have much much more games fan translated than the DS.

13. GeekyGuy

GeekyGuy Professional loafer
    Former Staff

United States
    I personally agree with you, and I'm one of those players who doesn't really care too much...if I can actually play the game. But that really seems to be the point Zarcon is making. We're talking about someone who seems to be making empty promises. I read the status on the translation. It says something to the effect of "about 10 lines translated." Now, I don't know squat about what it takes to translate one of these games, so I greatly appreciate the contributions folks make. Heck, I tried to do a wee bit of grammar correction for you, and with my schedule, even that was difficult. So truly, I do wish there were some way I could say thanks other than...just saying thanks. But on the flipside, someone who is merely using the promise of a translation to get attention is, in my mind, squandering the good will of the community.

14. shadowmanwkp

shadowmanwkp Your roms are on another rom site

Netherlands
    Nes and snes have been out for much MUCH longer than the ds. You can't really compare the two, because of the time people have had to translate nes and snes games. If you look at translations during the lifespan of consoles, then the ds probably wins. It also ain't a fair comparison because the ds file structure is a lot more complicated than a simple nes or (a bit less simple) snes game.

15. Phoenix Goddess

United States
    The OP has stated twice already that we should only post in this thread if it's to submit a project.

We can always make a thread if we wish to have this conversation [​IMG]

New post

Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side 2nd Season
    Project Head: Gokusaishiki
    Project Page:
    Topic
    V3 Patch

16. bahamut920

United States
    Got it. Updated.

17. chyyran

chyyran somehow a weeb now.
    Developer

Canada
    MapleStory DS (Works Continued from DarkFrost's Team)
    Project Head: Arithmatics
    Topic
    0.03 BlueSnail Patch

18. saadred

saadred Member
    Newcomer

Cyprus
    can you update the first page because i think many ongoing projects are not mentioned

19. bahamut920

United States
    If they're not on there, they haven't been reported to me. I don't have as much time available to maintain this list as I used to, so I'm relying on the members of the projects themselves to report new translations and update the status of their ongoing translations, which I then organize and place in one post, for easy viewing.

There are a few projects that I personally follow and have been putting off adding to the index due to lack of time, but those are very few, especially since my flashcart broke a few months ago, and I have not had the money to replace it. All of this information is in the first post.

20. dicamarques

dicamarques Definitely not Bruce Wayne.

Portugal
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Thread, Index