Misc Transferring save files from one switch to another (via cloud) without the cartridge in hand ?

Orio-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I lent my old switch and cartridges to my brother while he's on vacation and I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the save files that are stored on my Nintendo account's cloud to my new switch that I just bought, even without the cartridges in hand (neither the official digital version). Has anyone ever tried that? I'm on the fence about subscribing for a month just to be able to transfer my saves over the internet. Thank you very much in advance.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I lent my old switch and cartridges to my brother while he's on vacation and I was wondering if it is possible to transfer the save files that are stored on my Nintendo account's cloud to my new switch that I just bought, even without the cartridges in hand (neither the official digital version). Has anyone ever tried that? I'm on the fence about subscribing for a month just to be able to transfer my saves over the internet. Thank you very much in advance.

You can transfer it but you need the source and target switch locally. Keep in mind if you don't transfer the whole profile and just the save for one game you lose the hours log in your activity when you just transfer the save instead of the whole profile. You could just use cloud save feature if the game support cloud.

Orio-

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you to both of you. Ended up doing the transfer locally and it worked perfectly fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum