Anyone experience of transferring Pokemon saves from emummc to sysmmc

Gilgamashu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hello so this is what happened. I sold my official copy of Scarlet a couple days ago. But now, I made a mistake. I didn't update my game before selling the cartridge so now I'm stuck on a save file that can't be access by pokemon home. I need some of the pokemons on that save.

So now, I have a jb switch. Should I jksv my save to emummc then, save there. And then transfer it back to sysmmc? Or I'm really screwed this time? Thanks for answering.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
If you don't mind booting with a CFW into the sysmmc, then it's pretty straightforward :
Save the savegames from the emummc with jksv, boot into the sysmmc and upload the savegames to your sysmmc.
Booting with an CFW into the sysmmc always brings the risk of getting banned.

If you don't want to use a CFW, then it becomes way more complex :
Dump the savegames with jksv on the emummc.
Copy the savegames to a PC.
Make a dump of the sysmmc with Hekate and copy that to a PC.
For safety reasons, make a backup of this file.
Mount the dump of the sysmmc and copy the savegames to the savegames folder
Save the sysmmc and copy it back to the SD card of the switch.
Finally restore the sysmmc dump with Hekate.
Be sure you know what you're doing when trying to do this.
Messing this up could seriously wreck your Switch and you might need the help of some expert to fix it.
As long as you have a good backup, it can all be fixed though.
Post automatically merged:

One thing I just wondered, how are you going to play the game on the sysmmc if you don't have the cartridge anymore?
Did you have a pirated version of it running on the sysmmc with a CFW already?
If so, then you only need to transfer the savegames and forget about dumping the sysmmc.

Gilgamashu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
If you don't mind booting with a CFW into the sysmmc, then it's pretty straightforward :
Save the savegames from the emummc with jksv, boot into the sysmmc and upload the savegames to your sysmmc.
Booting with an CFW into the sysmmc always brings the risk of getting banned.

If you don't want to use a CFW, then it becomes way more complex :
Dump the savegames with jksv on the emummc.
Copy the savegames to a PC.
Make a dump of the sysmmc with Hekate and copy that to a PC.
For safety reasons, make a backup of this file.
Messing this up could seriously wreck your Switch and you might need the help of some expert to fix it.

One thing I just wondered, how are you going to play the game on the sysmmc if you don't have the cartridge anymore?
Did you have a pirated version of it running on the sysmmc with a CFW already?
If so, then you only need to transfer the savegames and forget about dumping the sysmmc.

No. I need the save because pokemon home doesn't recognise my old scarlet save. It says it's a save from an old version. I need to update the game and save once to update the save which cannot be done because I don't have the cart anymore.

What I was planning was use cfw on sysmmc to jksv the save to emummc then save there with an updated pirated version of scarlet and then jksv it back to sysmmc so pokemon home can finally recognize it.

For a bit of context on what I've done with the switch itself, i've been using cfw on sysmmc for a year now and I'm still not banned whenever I go back to OFW. I've used jksv a couple of times to backup saves but I've never overwritten a save from sysmmc so far. So I wanna know if I'll get ban immediately if I overwrite a save from Scarlet. Since it's pokemon, I'll probably get banned almost immediately huh.

And just to make it clear, I don't plan to play Scarlet again. I just need my pokemon from that game to transfer to a friend.

Last edited by Gilgamashu,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe you need a copy of the game in order to use pokemon home, using nsp is very risky and would get your system banned.

Gilgamashu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I believe you need a copy of the game in order to use pokemon home, using nsp is very risky and would get your system banned.
Nope. You can use pokemon Home without them as long as you inserted them before afaik. I can access my PLA, LGEevee and Sword and I don't have the carts anymore.

Actually, if you use nsp in sysmmc, you are banned immediately.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. You can use pokemon Home without them as long as you inserted them before afaik. I can access my PLA, LGEevee and Sword and I don't have the carts anymore.

Actually, if you use nsp in sysmmc, you are banned immediately.

Why not just trade over those pokemon from emummc to your friend system then, you are risking a ban doing so if you messing with a non clean NAND.

Gilgamashu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Why not just trade over those pokemon from emummc to your friend system then, you are risking a ban doing so if you messing with a non clean NAND.
Right. But my friend is in overseas lmao. I guess there's nothing I can do about it now. Thanks anyway.

Gilgamashu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Only way you can transfer it to them you either trade with them over the internet or provide them your save if they have a CFW switch.
My plan was using pokemon home on phone but my pokemon home on switch doesn't recognize my save so no can do. They don't have a cfw switch. Hey thanks for taking the trouble to give me ideas by the way. I appreciate it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My plan was using pokemon home on phone but my pokemon home on switch doesn't recognize my save so no can do. They don't have a cfw switch. Hey thanks for taking the trouble to give me ideas by the way. I appreciate it.

You probably need to buy a copy of pokemon scarlet to access the data if the save data is still on the system.

ultraforce

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, how do I find the savegames folder for the sysmmc? I'm trying to do this with BDSP where I have injected the event flags needed in terms of obtaining the items but want to be able to move Briliant Diamond to my normal switch so I can access Pokemon Home.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
What I was planning was use cfw on sysmmc to jksv the save to emummc then save there with an updated pirated version of scarlet and then jksv it back to sysmmc so pokemon home can finally recognize it.
Yeah you can do this, Pokemon Home only cares about the game's save being in the system, as long as a save data is present you can extract and inject the save into the sysnand without the need of having access to the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto