Is it possible to transfer a BOTW cartridge save from a hacked switch to a new unhacked switch?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose not, I've been in airplane mode since 2022.
Well the process of updating stuff is basically Update Hekate > Update Atmosphre > Update sigpatches > Update firmware. I don't think the sysnand will allow you to sync saves with NSO if you are not on the latest firmware. Atmosphre will just crash on the latest firmware if you don't update it.

Reactions: testing123

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the process of updating stuff is basically Update Hekate > Update Atmosphre > Update sigpatches > Update firmware. I don't think the sysnand will allow you to sync saves with NSO if you are not on the latest firmware. Atmosphre will just crash on the latest firmware if you don't update it.

Ok, thanks for that.

Let's go back a step here. How do I check what version of Hekate I have? Like actually the key sequence. I haven't rebooted this hacked switch in over a year and I also haven't got a jig handy.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks for that.

Let's go back a step here. How do I check what version of Hekate I have? Like actually the key sequence. I haven't rebooted this hacked switch in over a year and I also haven't got a jig handy.
First thing I would do is turn off the console.

take out the SD card to update Hekate first. Just grab the latest version and drag and drop the bootloader folder onto the system's SD card. The .bin payload that is included is used with your RCM loader to start hekate while the system is in RCM mode.

After you get hekate updated you can do the same for Atmosphere and your Sigpatches. Just download the latest and drag and drop.

Since you don't have a jig handy I would suggest getting the system into RCM using a more annoying method such as a paperclip and then just enabling autoRCM.

Reactions: testing123

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First thing I would do is turn off the console.

take out the SD card to update Hekate first. Just grab the latest version and drag and drop the bootloader folder onto the system's SD card. The .bin payload that is included is used with your RCM loader to start hekate while the system is in RCM mode.

After you get hekate updated you can do the same for Atmosphere and your Sigpatches. Just download the latest and drag and drop.

Since you don't have a jig handy I would suggest getting the system into RCM using a more annoying method such as a paperclip and then just enabling autoRCM.

Ok, I'll do all that. Just before I do, in the HBmenu, is there anything I can do in there to check versions? I have JKSV in there with the BOTW save game backed up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo