Is it possible to transfer a BOTW cartridge save from a hacked switch to a new unhacked switch?

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked switch and have been playing BOTW with the cartridge.

I would like to transfer the save game to a new unhacked switch to play BOTW on the new unhacked switch.

Is this possible without having to do any hacking on the new switch?

Thank you in advance.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a hacked switch and have been playing BOTW with the cartridge.

I would like to transfer the save game to a new unhacked switch to play BOTW on the new unhacked switch.

Is this possible without having to do any hacking on the new switch?

Thank you in advance.
If the hacked switch is using a legit copy and isnt banned then you could transfer it through NSO's cloud saves. Past that there is nothing.

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the hacked switch is using a legit copy and isnt banned then you could transfer it through NSO's cloud saves. Past that there is nothing.

Thanks for your reply.

The hacked switch is using a legit copy, yes.

It has other, non-legit games on the switch. For example, animal crossing.

Would Nintendo detect the NON-legit other games?

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not if you are playing legit games on sysNAND and keeping CFW to emuNAND.

Thanks for that info.

Unfortunately, I am in CFW at the moment. I am using the cartridge in CFW because I happen to have a physical copy.

I don't know of the legit game saves differently than a hacked game.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that info.

Unfortunately, I am in CFW at the moment. I am using the cartridge in CFW because I happen to have a physical copy.

I don't know of the legit game saves differently than a hacked game.
Since it is a singleplayer game that you own you could extract the save using homebrew and then import it on sysnand. Once it is on sysnand you can sync it with NSO. Transferring a save of a singleplayer game has basically no ban risk.

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it is a singleplayer game that you own you could extract the save using homebrew and then import it on sysnand. Once it is on sysnand you can sync it with NSO. Transferring a save of a singleplayer game has basically no ban risk.

Thanks for that.

May I please ask how I would import the save into Sysnand?

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is also a direct safe transfer under Data Management -> Transfer Your Save Data, but it requries both users to use the same nintendo account, and I'm not sure if it requries an online connection.

Reactions: testing123

testing123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load into sysnand with atmosphere loaded and then load some kind of homebrew save manager. Just do not do anything past that on the sysnand.

Okay, thanks for this.

I admit I'm already starting to get over my head here. How do I boot back into atmosphere again? I haven't rebooted my hacked switch in over a year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Funny bone is the name of a chocolate and peanut butter cake :P