Touch Screen issues

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Speed Freak, Nov 17, 2008.

Nov 17, 2008

Touch Screen issues by Speed Freak at 6:12 PM (949 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Speed Freak
    OP

Member Speed Freak GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hey there! I have a DSL for over an year now and recently I found out it has some issues regarding calibration and sensitivity. For instance, sometimes I have to hit the screen rather hard for it to work, otherwise it's like I didn't touch the screen at all. The other thing I noticed is that the calibration is a little off on the top right edge of the screen (for instance, on Rythm Tengoku I have to press the most outside of the screen as I can to skip the "tutorial" and go to the game). Looking closely to my DS, I can see the screen is a little bit off center, as if it were assembled a little more to the right than it should. Can that be the problem?

I know I found out only a year after I bought it, but I only did it cause I played my girlfriend's DS to compare it. It's a big difference, big enough to compromise the playability. Since I live in Brazil, send it to Nintendo sounds a little impossible for me so do you think opening the DS and realigning the screen would help by any means?

2. Kittymat

Member Kittymat GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    No - you need to replace the touch screen, cheap about $4, just read the guides before you begin

3. MirageStrike

Newcomer MirageStrike Member

United States
    As Kittymat said, buy a new touch screen module and replace your old one with it. Don't worry, its not that hard since you'll only need to disassemble the lower part of the DS rather than the whole.

I've just ordered mine from DX since my old touch screen died while i was swapping the shell. [​IMG]

4. Speed Freak
    OP

Member Speed Freak GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Ok then! Just bought the touch screen from DX, I hope it's not that hard to do the swap!

Thank you both for the support!