Speed Freak

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey there! I have a DSL for over an year now and recently I found out it has some issues regarding calibration and sensitivity. For instance, sometimes I have to hit the screen rather hard for it to work, otherwise it's like I didn't touch the screen at all. The other thing I noticed is that the calibration is a little off on the top right edge of the screen (for instance, on Rythm Tengoku I have to press the most outside of the screen as I can to skip the "tutorial" and go to the game). Looking closely to my DS, I can see the screen is a little bit off center, as if it were assembled a little more to the right than it should. Can that be the problem?

I know I found out only a year after I bought it, but I only did it cause I played my girlfriend's DS to compare it. It's a big difference, big enough to compromise the playability. Since I live in Brazil, send it to Nintendo sounds a little impossible for me so do you think opening the DS and realigning the screen would help by any means?

MirageStrike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As Kittymat said, buy a new touch screen module and replace your old one with it. Don't worry, its not that hard since you'll only need to disassemble the lower part of the DS rather than the whole.

I've just ordered mine from DX since my old touch screen died while i was swapping the shell.
blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, yep +1